PDA

View Full Version : Is this way too tight?

valenzuela
03-26-2005, 09:35 PM
$5 sng UB.
6 handed very passive table.Blinds are 75/150

UTG who has like 3k raises 525, its folded to me ( im the BB)I have 1200( and 150 in the pot) and a pair of eights..I think a little and decide to fold. Im sure UTG has me beat..anyway after my fold..the table basically colluded and made sure I made the money. ( in the bubble two ppl who had 4K go all-in on a 975r flop, the caller had 33)Btw my maximum was 3000 chips and I came in second. ( meaning I almost tripled up my buy in without never tripling up my chips /images/graemlins/smile.gif)

curtains
03-26-2005, 09:41 PM
It's not way too tight but some of the things you said in your post are faulty thinking.

First you said you are sure the UTG player has you beat. A large % of the time they will have just overcards, and in this case you aren't beat. However sometimes in sit and go's you don't want to risk all your chips on a coin flip, which you would often be doing by playing this hand.

If the table is very passive, I definitely like your fold, because this means you'll have a great chance to just pick up blinds uncontested. If the raise came from the button, I'd be a lot more likely to play as now you have a real legitimate chance of dominating your opponent, as people raise with hands like Axs, Ax, and 22-77 on the button, but less often from UTG.

Phil Van Sexton
03-26-2005, 09:42 PM
What makes you think you are beat? He has a big stack, so he could be raising with anything.

You didn't post stack sizes, but with 6 people left I'm guessing that the money is far away.

Unless your opponents are truly awful, I would've called and then pushed on any flop.

valenzuela
03-26-2005, 10:00 PM
I dont remember stack sizes, and he didnt have a big stack..in Ub you start with t1500. No way he had AJ, he had something better, of course I didnt knew that at that time I realized he was weak-tight ITM, he was at my left so I pushed evetything and anything, of course he took a stand when I had a hand.

curtains
03-26-2005, 10:06 PM
Why couldnt he have AJ? Even a lot of weak, passive players will raise with it in a 6 handed game.