PDA

View Full Version : Angle shooting? -- I acted without thinking.

brick
03-24-2005, 03:49 PM
I flop a flush draw against 2 agressive players who don't give free cards. I'm second to act.

The first person bets 8 chips. For some reason I don't realize that he can only bet 4 chips and so I put 8 chips out.
Now LP calls and first postion 3-bets.

Should I make a deal out of this or just learn my lesson?

Paul2432
03-24-2005, 04:13 PM
I would not say anything until the hand was over. To do otherwise would give away the strength of your hand.

After the hand I probably still would not say anything. The other player probably made an innocent mistake, and I should know the betting limits.

Paul

einbert
03-24-2005, 04:19 PM
You don't lose any immediate EV by doing this. Even if there's _no_ chance of getting a free card I would probably cap it anyway with an overcard, if you have more than 9 outs you're better than 2 to 1 to hit by the river and pumping the pot makes your flush draw a more +EV proposition on the turn.

Don't try to take it back, you know it won't work. There's not point, and you only lose EV in the rare case that you are up against a higher flush draw.

tripdad
03-24-2005, 05:06 PM
after flopping a 4 flush, you will make the flush roughly 35% of the time by the river...a bit better than 1/3 of the time. raising with one player yet to act behind you is only +EV(and not by a lot, BTW) if you are absolutely SURE he/she will call, which is not really possible. if they fold, your play becomes -EV by a fairly large margin, especially if UTG 3-bets. remember, you still have a turn bet to call if your card doesn't come there.

cheers!

college_boy
03-25-2005, 05:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
after flopping a 4 flush, you will make the flush roughly 35% of the time by the river...a bit better than 1/3 of the time. raising with one player yet to act behind you is only +EV(and not by a lot, BTW) if you are absolutely SURE he/she will call, which is not really possible. if they fold, your play becomes -EV by a fairly large margin, especially if UTG 3-bets. remember, you still have a turn bet to call if your card doesn't come there.

cheers!

[/ QUOTE ]

You have to be sure that both players will call on both the flop and the turnfor this to be correct right?

timprov
03-25-2005, 03:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Depends on how much you value the button. I typically consider either a fold or a call from a player behind me to be a victory of some sort if a fold makes me last to act on later rounds.

sthief09
03-25-2005, 04:37 PM
yeah but if either has a set, your equity gets [censored] in the butt

Loci
03-25-2005, 04:43 PM
learn your lesson and move on. Not worth dwelling on.