View Full Version : KK vs Unknown

Easystreet
03-23-2005, 01:19 PM
Played less than 10 hands with villain, he has played two hands so far, he raised pf from EP with AJ o/s and played the hand correctly after the flop. He also raised pf with JJ and again played the hand correctly so he seems ok.

PokerStars 0.50/1.00 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">8 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (11.50 SB) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls.

I think the bet out on the flop probabably rules out that he has got a set of eights or nines, but I think he still could have a wide range of hands. I am fairly sure that I am currently ahead.

Turn: (7.50 BB) Q/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero ?????

The c/r was a bit of a surprise. I would be surprised if he had something like AQ or KQ. I think he may have AA (six ways) QQ (3 ways) or KK (1 way) I would be surprised if he had JJ or TT. I think I am probably behind, and I don't have the odds to draw for another king. The pot is however quite big so whats my play?

bozlax
03-23-2005, 01:30 PM
Given that you've only seen fewer than 10 hands, I'm not sure you can put him on a hand. Yes, the two you've seen were good starting hands, and he played them well, but who's to say he wouldn't have 3-bet the AJo if re-raised? So, I don't think you should so quickly discount that he might be holding K/images/graemlins/club.gifJ/images/graemlins/club.gif or AQo.

I think your hand is obviously too strong to fold in this pot, so call the turn. The bigger question to me is what you'll do when the K/images/graemlins/club.gif falls on the river?

Dave G.
03-23-2005, 01:36 PM
I call down from here. The board is scary and you don't know what he's up to, so there's no need to go overboard.

MrBlueNose
03-23-2005, 02:03 PM
I think half of the time it's going to be QQ, the other half AQ. I'd call down after that CR.

gopnik
03-23-2005, 02:32 PM
call down as well unless I had better reads

itsmesteve
03-23-2005, 03:11 PM
A /images/graemlins/club.gifK /images/graemlins/club.gif wouldn't be out of the question either. . . .
all in all, i'd call down but i wouldn't be terribly suprised to see AA or QQ. Whatever it is, i wanna see it.