PDA

View Full Version : I hope someone at CBS got fired for not showing Kansas / Bucknell

teddyFBI
03-20-2005, 08:05 PM
Can someone please explain to me what criteria the donks over at CBS use to decide which games to show??? Why the FOCK did they stick with the Michigan State BLOWOUT and completely neglect to show the 2 point freakin' Kansas loss...i was left to follow it it via their fuggin scrollbar.

By the way the retards are at it again as we speak -- showing the 11 point differential Bucknell game while completely neglecting the game where NUMBER ONE SEED DUKE IS LOSING! Fock guys.

mike42
03-20-2005, 08:08 PM
Where are you? I think it's regional. I'm watching Duke - MSU right now.

Haven't seen a second of Bucknell all weekend though.

I'm in Miami.

teddyFBI
03-20-2005, 08:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Where are you? I think it's regional. I'm watching Duke - MSU right now.

Haven't seen a second of Bucknell all weekend though.

I'm in Miami.

[/ QUOTE ]

yep, they switched now too here in philly - (i don't think it's regional btw, that's why they have gumbel directing traffic)

Vince Young
03-20-2005, 08:22 PM
It's regional, but they usually switch over to the close games at the end.

mason55
03-20-2005, 10:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i don't think it's regional btw, that's why they have gumbel directing traffic)

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do you think they start off each game saying "Those of you scheduled to see Crappy SEC Team 1 vs. Crappy C-USA Team 1 will get to your game when it starts, for now enjoy the first part of Craptastic 1 vs. Craptastic 2."

ThaSaltCracka
03-21-2005, 02:37 AM
I saw the Kansas-Bucknell game.

siccjay
03-21-2005, 02:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

me 2

banditbdl
03-21-2005, 02:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]
It's regional, but they usually switch over to the close games at the end.

[/ QUOTE ]

The key to this sentence is "usually". It seems if CBS dubs the regionality factor high enough they will stick with a game well past the point of no return and ignore the close games if they have to. This would explain why I didn't get to see Syracuse's last hurrah on Friday because I was watching the officiating crew watch some replay of a call of a game where Wisconsin was up five with the ball and two seconds to play instead. In the case of the OP I think I heard Bucknell is in Pennsylvania so CBS is going with them all the way for the Philly residents.

banditbdl
03-21-2005, 02:57 AM
It's definitely regional, Gumbel directs traffic for all the different feeds they are running. Some high school buddies of mine went to college in a town where they got reception on two different CBS stations and occassionally they would get two different games going on the two stations and could toggle between them as they pleased rather than be at the unholy mercy of CBS brass.

AngryCola
03-21-2005, 03:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So did I, but I live less than 3 hours away from the KU campus...

ThaSaltCracka
03-21-2005, 03:04 AM
I live no where close to either school and I saw it.

AngryCola
03-21-2005, 03:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I live no where close to either school and I saw it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know that.
How much of it did you get to see?

It seems weird for them to show that game in its entirety in your region.

ThaSaltCracka
03-21-2005, 03:07 AM
oh, I must have seen nearly all of the second half. Well, thats when I started to notice it, I saw it at a bar, which I am guessing had satellite, so maybe that was it.