PDA

View Full Version : getting fat

lighterjobs
03-13-2005, 06:06 AM
i find myself smoking some weed every few days now and getting the munchies like crazy afterwards. this wouldn't be so bad because i am poor, but my stoner buddies dad owns a 24/7 restaurant where we eat like crazy after we smoke. tonight i ate mozerella sticks, double cheeseburger, fries, hashbrowns and biscuits and gravy. this is pretty much a truck stop so all the food is pretty much straight grease. if i am doing this three or four times a week, how long will it be before i gain about 30 lbs?

mason55
03-13-2005, 06:10 AM
not that long. i did it, it happens pretty fast. the key to smoking lots and staying skinny is spending all your money on pot and being too lazy to get any sort of food. if either one of those fails, you're in trouble with your weight.

Michael Davis
03-13-2005, 06:10 AM
Depends on your metabolism. I could do that every day and pretty much not gain weight. You should also be concerned about your heart and other things. Weight is easy to lose.

-Michael

lighterjobs
03-13-2005, 06:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]
not that long. i did it, it happens pretty fast. the key to smoking lots and staying skinny is spending all your money on pot and being too lazy to get any sort of food. if either one of those fails, you're in trouble with your weight.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, but that is my main problem. when i'm hungry as hell and have all sorts of deep fried foods to my dispense, it's hard to turn it away.

mason55
03-13-2005, 06:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Depends on your metabolism. I could do that every day and pretty much not gain weight. You should also be concerned about your heart and other things. Weight is easy to lose.

-Michael

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, i was assuming you have the ability to get fat. I have that ability and thus have to watch myself. If you don't get fat as it is, don't worry about it. If however, your other alias posted the thread about weight 350 then I think you're in trouble /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

JackWilson
03-13-2005, 06:43 AM
I'm not a stoner myself, but all my stoner buddies are skinny as hell. /images/graemlins/confused.gif

I never really thought about gaining weight because of the munchies. I do know they don't eat fast food afterwards, probably more like popcorn and lightweight stuff.

Rushmore
03-13-2005, 01:09 PM
It's true that some people seem to have a Get-Out-Of-Fat-Free Card.

If you are not one of these lucky people, I can assure you, you'll start blowing up pretty quick.

Even if you don't get obese, your health will suffer greatly.

It's poison, that stuff. It sure tastes great, but it really CAN kill you, not to mention severely altering your overall disposition for the worse, thusly making you want to smoke more dope, etc etc.

Catch it before it gets out of hand.

Btw, if you get fat, attractive women won't have sex with you.

sublime
03-13-2005, 01:13 PM
i gained about 50lbs tha past year. i blame it on poker, but in reality its my fault.

i went from a semi-visable pack at 185 squatiing 285lbs for 8 reps, to a fat ass. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

in other words, about 6 months /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Isura
03-13-2005, 01:35 PM
The question should be: how long until I need triple bypass surgery? Gaining 30lbs is the least of your conerns.

jakethebake
03-13-2005, 01:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
mozerella sticks, double cheeseburger, fries, hashbrowns and biscuits and gravy. this is pretty much a truck stop so all the food is pretty much straight grease.

[/ QUOTE ]

good stuff!

PeeWeeH
03-13-2005, 02:27 PM
You're going to get away with it for a few more years, until you hit your early 20's and stop growing and your metabolism slows down and your brain starts deteriorating. Then you will quickly become fat and also stupid and a burnout, if you aren't already. GL

PeeWee

astroglide
03-13-2005, 02:30 PM
i think people that get fat for eating (i'm one of them) are lucky because they at least have some physical clue that something's wrong. i know people that are always going to be 100% skinny, and it seems like that would be a recipe for disaster in your later years because you could easily get blindsided by a bad heart.

jakethebake
03-13-2005, 02:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
it seems like that would be a recipe for disaster in your later years because you could easily get blindsided by a bad heart.

[/ QUOTE ]

Totally dependent on genetics. Many, many people eat good food their whole lives and are fine. Others are genetically predisposed to heart/circulatory problems and will have problems either way, but probably sooner eating this stuff. A third group falls somewhere in between and may or may not have negative results from eating good food.

chabibi
03-13-2005, 02:52 PM
dont worry buddy, ive been smoking weed on a daily basis for 6 years now, i start huffing and puffing after walking a flight of stairs but im not fat at all. i remeber reading a study on this exact topic. the conclusion was that marijuana speads up your metabolism enogh that the extra high fat food has very little affect on your boddy

also if you're really worried then stop eating when you get the munchies. eventually you get used to not eating aftyer burnning and you no longer get the munchies

spamuell
03-13-2005, 03:04 PM
Just don't go to the fast food restaurant.

Whenever I have the munchies, I just eat loads of cucumber, celery sticks, carrots, stuff like that. I actually find that's exactly what I crave after getting lean.

EliteNinja
03-13-2005, 03:21 PM
The answer: Play tennis (or a sport of your liking) every day.

lighterjobs
03-13-2005, 07:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
it seems like that would be a recipe for disaster in your later years because you could easily get blindsided by a bad heart.

[/ QUOTE ]

Totally dependent on genetics. Many, many people eat good food their whole lives and are fine. Others are genetically predisposed to heart/circulatory problems and will have problems either way, but probably sooner eating this stuff. A third group falls somewhere in between and may or may not have negative results from eating good food.

[/ QUOTE ]

true. i'm from oklahoma so my entire life i've eaten nothing but unhealthy food and i am in good health. my grandfather is 75-years-old and eats chicken fried steak and bacon like a mad man and is in good health, also.

lighterjobs
03-13-2005, 07:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The answer: Play tennis (or a sport of your liking) every day.

[/ QUOTE ]

you forgot about the other side affect of smoking drugs: laziness.

Lawrence Ng
03-13-2005, 07:35 PM
You can eat like that, but if you let your body get idle and physically inactive for a too long a period of time, your metabolism will slow down and eventually the weight will pack on fast. My suggestion is to do a mix of cardio/weight training at least 3-4 times a week to burn off the calories, fat and grow some muscle so your metabolism increases which means you won't get as fat. Also, mix in some fruit and veggies so you don't hurt so bad when you have to sh*t.

Lawrence

smoore
03-13-2005, 07:50 PM
Does pot smoking make you lazy or do lazy people smoke pot? Does smoking pot make lazy people lazier? I used to think that smoking dope made me lazy but I think it was actually all the fast food I was eating (5+ meals a week!). I cut that out and now I have motivation and mental acuity. fresh veggies = motivation.

Quit eating that crap mang... smoke the weed in moderation (chronic use isn't any good), social pot use is fine. Lay off the fried foodz. I'd suggest burning before a normal meal and then just eat a burger and fries at the place or something.

I'm a LONG term pothead. I've smoked for over 20 years now. 8 of those years were chronic. I got the true "munchies" for the first three or four years. The foods I eat definitely have more of an effect on my ability to function than weed does. Eat those veggies, kids!

wonderwes
03-14-2005, 05:34 AM
I always cheef before a main meal of the day, then I am full for the rest of the day.

Start taking a multivitamin. It helps out. Also more cardio you can do of any kind will always help.

Plus sometime this year I want to try to stop drinking soft drinks for a good 3 month span.

Rick Nebiolo
03-14-2005, 06:22 AM
Don't worry about getting fat eating that stuff - you will probably drop dead of a heart attack first.

~ Rick