View Full Version : Multi-Tabling

CIncyHR
03-10-2005, 10:24 AM
I have been playing shorthanded for a couple months now. I am a college student, so I dont have too much time to play, but I get in as many hands as I can. In these 2 months ive played 17,000 hands of .50/1 and 1/2 shorthanded on Stars. Im doing pretty well, up about 3BB/100.

Now my question is - I want to make a little extra money to pay for summer classes, so I am going to devote more time to playing. Right now I play four tables at once, becuase with the resolution on my laptop I can fit exactly four Stars tables onto my screen (2*2). Now, as far as multitabling goes, how many tables seems optimum for shorthanded limit? Also, how do people configure their screens so that they always know when it is their turn to act at all tables? I would love any input here, becuase the more tables I play the more money I make, and that way I can accomplish my goals.

Thanks for the help in advance.

imported_excel
03-10-2005, 01:59 PM
Maybe stay at 4 tables and move up limits.

I feel 4 tables is plenty at 6 max, only play more if in full ring myself.

CIncyHR
03-10-2005, 03:03 PM
Is this really right? I feel like people play 8-10 tables optimally. Bump for more repsonses. What is the best wya to go here?

EvanJC
03-10-2005, 03:27 PM
maybe people play 8-10 tables and win , but it absolutely cannot be said that they are playing at an optimal level when doing so.

everytime you add a table your level of play drops proportionally.

for me, more than 4 tables of SH is suicide, but it's all about personal preference and finding that magical point where # of hands per hour and your level of play are both at a comfortable, profitable level. so i guess my advice would be to play as many tables as you think are required to optimize your profits. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

sorry, that was a useless response. good luck.

CIncyHR
03-10-2005, 08:04 PM
I'm mostly interested in how people configure their screens when they do more than 4. Do you just layer tables on top of each other and hope that they always pop up when its your turn? Do you use multiple monitors?

SomethingClever
03-10-2005, 08:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Do you use multiple monitors?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes.

imitation
03-10-2005, 08:52 PM
2 Tables is optimal, any more and your reads and play are suffering, if you say otherwise I think you're full of s[/i]hit. This is not to say that your $/hr could not / would not be greater playing more tables. So obviously we're now discussing the semantics of what optimal means to you. Optimal amount of tables to me means the optimal level at which I can play and learn poker, whilst the limit I play optimises the amount of $/hr I can earn.

imported_excel
03-11-2005, 03:47 PM
6 max is more about playing the players, I personally only ever play 2 tables, but maybe with alot more experince I could play more, but I would always move up limits before adding a table.

Maybe you are getting your 6-10 table impression from full ring players,