PDA

View Full Version : Flopped a straight flush. How do I get paid?

nortonmalc
03-09-2005, 07:00 PM
I was dealt 5 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif in the BB and it folds around to the SB who completes and I check. Flop comes 4 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif!! He checks it to me and I check. 4th street is Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif and it's checked around again. 5th street is K /images/graemlins/spade.gif. He checks, I bet the minimum and he folds. Would it have been smarter of me to make minimum bets after the flop or on 4th st to get more profit from this pot?

david050173
03-09-2005, 07:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I was dealt 5 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif in the BB and it folds around to the SB who completes and I check. Flop comes 4 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif!! He checks it to me and I check. 4th street is Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif and it's checked around again. 5th street is K /images/graemlins/spade.gif. He checks, I bet the minimum and he folds. Would it have been smarter of me to make minimum bets after the flop or on 4th st to get more profit from this pot?

[/ QUOTE ]

First off it is likely no matter what you do you are not getting paid off here especially if the blinds are low. You want to bet the flop or turn since he might call with a flush draw or an ace that he will fold to a river bet.

skipperbob
03-09-2005, 07:29 PM
Sometimes you eat the Bar; sometimes the Bar eats you..Cowboy