PDA

View Full Version : Played correctly? Typical "flush pump hand"

DontRaisePlz
03-05-2005, 11:03 PM
PokerStars 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+2 with J/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif. CO posts a blind of $1.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (9.50 SB) A/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, MP3 calls, BB calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (10.75 BB) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, Hero checks, MP3 checks.

River: (10.75 BB) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP3 folds, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, UTG calls.

Final Pot: 18.75 BB

No reads

shadow29
03-05-2005, 11:04 PM
You can probably bet the turn here.

elbuddha
03-06-2005, 02:10 AM
By betting the turn, are we hoping that either everyone folds or no one folds?

We barely have an equity edge against 3 opponents. If even one of them folds, we lose that. Everyone folding isn't going to happen. Not to mention that the board just paired, and MP3 is still to act.

Entity
03-06-2005, 02:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You can probably bet the turn here.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think I would.

Rob

Shillx
03-06-2005, 02:52 AM
Yeah the best time to go for this play is when someone bets into the PFR and you are stuck inbetween the PFR and the flop bettor. This is the perfect time to use the call-reraise line. Ni han.

Brad

OrianasDaad
03-06-2005, 03:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]
By betting the turn, are we hoping that either everyone folds or no one folds?

We barely have an equity edge against 3 opponents. If even one of them folds, we lose that. Everyone folding isn't going to happen. Not to mention that the board just paired, and MP3 is still to act.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you've got a four flush, then on the flop there's over a 33% (roughly, I don't recall the exact percent) chance to make your flush by the river. That's good against more than one opponent. The draw is further strengthened by a gutshot draw to the top straight.

Any hand that MP3 could have that beats a flush (AA, 66, A6), he would have capped the flop. I really doubt that he has a six in his hand.

mmbt0ne
03-06-2005, 05:32 AM
Does anyone else think the river cap is a little thin? With hero bolding the Q/images/graemlins/club.gifJ/images/graemlins/club.gif and the A/images/graemlins/club.gif on the board, I'm thinking that UTG will have K/images/graemlins/club.gifx/images/graemlins/club.gif here enough that calling the river 3-bet is the better play.

JoshuaD
03-06-2005, 05:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Does anyone else think the river cap is a little thin? With hero bolding the Q/images/graemlins/club.gifJ/images/graemlins/club.gif and the A/images/graemlins/club.gif on the board, I'm thinking that UTG will have K/images/graemlins/club.gifx/images/graemlins/club.gif here enough that calling the river 3-bet is the better play.

[/ QUOTE ]

You think villian's got K/images/graemlins/club.gifX/images/graemlins/club.gif more than 50% of the time?

I like the river cap.

mmbt0ne
03-06-2005, 05:42 AM
Given the action, yes I do. In fact, I think he has K/images/graemlins/club.gifT/images/graemlins/club.gif.

JoshuaD
03-06-2005, 05:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Given the action, yes I do. In fact, I think he has K/images/graemlins/club.gifT/images/graemlins/club.gif.

[/ QUOTE ]

Could just as easily be J/images/graemlins/club.gifT/images/graemlins/club.gif or 9/images/graemlins/club.gifT/images/graemlins/club.gif.

I think villian will flip up the K/images/graemlins/club.gif often here, but I think it's less than 50% of the time.

mmbt0ne
03-06-2005, 05:52 AM
Can't be J/images/graemlins/club.gifT/images/graemlins/club.gif since hero has the J. T/images/graemlins/club.gif9/images/graemlins/club.gif is the only other possible hand I can put villian on, and I don't think he has it enough to go capping.

hate
03-06-2005, 05:55 AM
I'll generally see people overplay flushes, and a 3-bet with a T-high isn't at all uncommon, even with KQJ possible. A cap here isn't unreasonable to me, although I think the K pops up enough to make it frustrating.

Shillx
03-06-2005, 05:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Was this hand edited? I don't recall there being a pair on board when I 1st looked at it...

Brad

mmbt0ne
03-06-2005, 06:03 AM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">En réponse à:</font><hr />
</font><blockquote><font class="small">En réponse à:</font><hr />

[/ QUOTE ]

Was this hand edited? I don't recall there being a pair on board when I 1st looked at it...

Brad

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, that's another very scary part.

Shillx
03-06-2005, 06:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Brad

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I don't really like the cap either. It isn't terrible since we can't get 5-bet, but we certainly can do without it. In a live game, just calling the 3-bet seems prudent.

Brad

DeathDonkey
03-06-2005, 07:33 AM
You guys don't think it looks like UTG missed a turn checkraise? Right about the time he 3 bets the river I'm thinking "he whiffed on the turn!". I think he has TT more likely than a flush and I really don't think we should be capping the river.

-DeathDonkey

elbuddha
03-06-2005, 10:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]
If you've got a four flush, then on the flop there's over a 33% (roughly, I don't recall the exact percent) chance to make your flush by the river.

[/ QUOTE ]
I was questioning a turn bet, not the flop. Pumping the flop is of course correct. But on the turn our equity is ~25%, including K's for the straight.

JoshuaD
03-06-2005, 04:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Brad

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh wow, I didn't see that board pair either. In that case I like just calling the 3-bet.

But either way, I think you're giving too much credit to these players. they're playing 40% of their hands, which means they're playing nearly every suited hand out there. When they hit their flush they're not thinking "Oh man, I've got the first nuts, I can cap", or "oh wow, My hand is only the 6th nuts, I should probabaly just call this river raise".

They're more likely to be either the sort of player who 3-bets everytime on the river with a flush, or the sort of player who only calls a river raise with the absolute nuts.

DontRaisePlz
03-08-2005, 11:08 PM
Wow, I didnt know this one got so many replies while I was gone.

For anyone interested, UTG had:
<font color="white"> 66 </font>