PDA

View Full Version : The Killers

sthief09
03-05-2005, 01:36 PM
first I thought they sucked, but now I'm starting to like them.

peachy
03-05-2005, 01:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

split personality??

bdk3clash
03-05-2005, 01:40 PM
I feel the same way. I listened to the album and thought it was a little too slick and overproduced, but on further listens the tunes are just damn catchy. Solid thumbs up from me.

Macdaddy Warsaw
03-05-2005, 02:46 PM
Believe Me Natalie & Who Let You Go. I enjoy these songs thoroughly but I'm not too big a fan of the rest of their stuff.

manpower
03-05-2005, 02:51 PM
I like 'em. The songs are well written, but their style is a little more snooty than I prefer. On the plus side, they're mainstream enough you can just throw it on when you have people over and not have to worry about anyone complaining.

Soul Daddy
03-05-2005, 02:53 PM
It took me a while, but I dig it. "Andy, You're a Star" rolls.

Daliman
03-05-2005, 04:12 PM
I'm guessing this is kinda the obvious choice, but "somebody told me" is easily my favorite on the Cd. Almost perfect pop/rock synergy. The rest is taking a while to grow on me, as is Franz Ferdinand, which i also just bought 3 weeks ago same day. "take me out" has alomst same effect on me.

deacsoft
03-05-2005, 04:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I like 'em.

[/ QUOTE ]

AEKDBet
03-05-2005, 04:23 PM
Their album is my favorite from last year.

Paluka
03-05-2005, 04:27 PM
I'm starting to like them too, and they are wayyy mainsteam compared to my normal tastes. Do all the songs sound alike though?
I really dig Franz Ferdinand.

SmileyEH
03-05-2005, 05:55 PM
Somebody told me rulz.

-SmileyEH

Ulysses
03-05-2005, 07:05 PM
That "Somebody Told Me" song is damn catchy.

Jack of Arcades
03-05-2005, 08:50 PM
Not as catchy as "Mr. Brightside."

brettbrettr
03-05-2005, 09:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

At first I liked them but now I think they suck.

Reef
03-05-2005, 09:05 PM
nice avatar

lighterjobs
03-05-2005, 09:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm guessing this is kinda the obvious choice, but "somebody told me" is easily my favorite on the Cd. Almost perfect pop/rock synergy. The rest is taking a while to grow on me, as is Franz Ferdinand, which i also just bought 3 weeks ago same day. "take me out" has alomst same effect on me.

[/ QUOTE ]

i thought they were terrible when i heard "somebody told me" but a friend gave me their cd for christmas and i really liked "all these things that i've done" and started to get into the rest of the album. it's a really good mainstream synth album.

glen
03-05-2005, 10:15 PM
i saw them in the fall and didn't really want to. but i was kind of won over by the lead singer's stage presence, so i actually listened to them and they have some really good songs - i think all these things that i've done is their best and mpst original. . . .

astroglide
03-05-2005, 10:51 PM
i like mr brightside a lot and somebody told me just sounds like that glam band whose name escapes me. damn i wish i could remember it. but they were recent, like late 90s or early 00s and they wore makeup. alternative radio kind of band.

fluxrad
03-05-2005, 11:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I like 'em. The songs are well written, but their style is a little more snooty than I prefer. On the plus side, they're mainstream enough you can just throw it on when you have people over and not have to worry about anyone complaining.

[/ QUOTE ]

You know, that's one of the things that bugs me about The Killers too. I don't know if it's the producing or the music itself, but there's something about the music that reminds me of all those "cool kid" parties I wasn't invited to back in high school.

Meh. That being said, there's such a drought of decent @$%# coming out these days, this is pretty much the cream of the crop. The only albums I've heard and liked in the past year are: The Garden State Soundtrack, Welcome Interstate Managers, and Hot Fuss.

astroglide
03-05-2005, 11:53 PM
i remember now. orgy. somebody told me reminds me of them. not a compliment.

Jack of Arcades
03-05-2005, 11:55 PM
Orgy was very nice, the butchered Blue Monday but "Stitches" was catchy as hell, and so was Fiction.

Duke
03-05-2005, 11:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Saw the video on an airplane when the only channels that would come in were VH1 and MTV. MTV was actually playing videos.

I'll be damned if that wasn't Eric Roberts.

~D

wacki
03-06-2005, 12:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i like mr brightside a lot and somebody told me just sounds like that glam band whose name escapes me. damn i wish i could remember it. but they were recent, like late 90s or early 00s and they wore makeup. alternative radio kind of band.

[/ QUOTE ]

Astro, you are in New York. What are you doing on 2+2???? Go out and have fun.

Wacki out. (going to a club like you should be)

glen
03-06-2005, 01:42 AM
It's almost a rule of thumb that all bands who only have one hit and it is a cover generally suck. . .

Jack of Arcades
03-06-2005, 03:57 AM
"Stitches" was fairly popular, as I remember, and Fiction had its share of airplay.

spamuell
03-06-2005, 09:14 AM
Jenny Was a Friend of Mine is an excellent song, some of the others are good as well but I don't think they're amazing, they feel slightly unimaginative at times to me.

partygirluk
06-26-2005, 05:53 PM
"All These Things That I’ve Done" is one of the best anthems of the past 5 years.

Macdaddy Warsaw
06-26-2005, 05:56 PM
I thought Scissor Sisters' "It Can't Come Quickly Enough" was...

IndieMatty
06-26-2005, 05:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

mason55
06-26-2005, 06:02 PM
I can't believe that the Killers are still gaining popularity? They started getting MTv airplay last August, which means it's been almost a full year. Are there really people that haven't heard them yet?

tbach24
06-26-2005, 06:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I can't believe that the Killers are still gaining popularity? They started getting MTv airplay last August, which means it's been almost a full year. Are there really people that haven't heard them yet?

[/ QUOTE ]

I've only heard "Somebody told me" and didn't like them. I'm dling the rest now.

partygirluk
06-26-2005, 06:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

They were main support to White Stripes at Glastonbury on Friday. Very good performance.

mason55
06-26-2005, 06:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I've only heard "Somebody told me" and didn't like them. I'm dling the rest now.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't even listen to the radio and have heard their singles way too many times, I bet you have heard them and don't even realize it. All the radio play really bothers me because I played the album to the point that I hated it when I got it 11 months ago.

tbach24
06-26-2005, 06:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't even listen to the radio and have heard their singles way too many times, I bet you have heard them and don't even realize it. All the radio play really bothers me because I played the album to the point that I hated it when I got it 11 months ago.

[/ QUOTE ]

That could be the problem. Whenever I'm in a car it either doesn't have a radio or it's tuned to coutnry.

trying2learn
06-26-2005, 06:18 PM
i first heard the demo for brightside three and a half years ago when they were still playing local music clubs around town like, 'the boston'. (which doens't even exist anymore)...i've yet to meet someone who doesn't go through the disliking of them before they catch on and the band grows on you.

ronnie vannucci (the drummer) is a really down to earth cool guy and an amazing drummer - i don't know any of the other guys.

all these things i've done pwns.

Stellastarr
06-27-2005, 12:27 AM
I was listening to Mr. Brightside like 2 yrs ago, before they were all top 40 and [censored].

bronzepiglet
06-27-2005, 12:48 AM
They're okay... very derivative, which is probably obvious to most. Songs could be tightened up a bit, but on the whole reasonably entertaining.

Daliman
06-27-2005, 01:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I feel the same way. I listened to the album and thought it was a little too slick and overproduced, but on further listens the tunes are just damn catchy. Solid thumbs up from me.

[/ QUOTE ]

bdk3clash
06-27-2005, 02:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I was listening to Mr. Brightside like 2 yrs ago, before they were all top 40 and [censored].

[/ QUOTE ]
Congratulations. We're all very, very impressed.

tbach24
06-27-2005, 02:06 AM
Just got through listening to them and I like it. "Mr. Brightside" is fantastic.

siccjay
06-27-2005, 02:07 AM
My buddy has a song of theirs as his ringtone, thats all I've heard from them. I guess I'll DL the CD now so I can hate it.

Ulysses
06-27-2005, 02:22 AM
OK, guys with good taste, you've had some time to reflect - what's the verdict? Do these guys suck or rule?

BTW, have you guys bought Bran Van 3000's Glee yet? If not, do it now.

daveymck
06-27-2005, 05:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

They were main support to White Stripes at Glastonbury on Friday. Very good performance.

[/ QUOTE ]

They were fantastic, I think the bassist is one of the best around at the moment as well (but I 'm not much of a musician to judge his style.), they are very popular over here and were asked to headline Glastonbury but turned it down as they felt they didnt have enough material.

Yeti
06-27-2005, 06:33 AM
It's pretty easy to get bored of the album, but until that point, it's very, very good.

If their next album is as good they have the potential to be huge. I hear their live performances have improved recently too.