PDA

View Full Version : bad valuebet on 2pair river?

dark_horse
03-04-2005, 05:20 PM
villian's flop raise/turn call should have clued me in he was going for a free card on the turn. with the flush card on the river, perhaps i should have checked?

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
Hero calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (4 SB) 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, SB folds, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, MP2 calls.

Turn: (5 BB) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls.

River: (7 BB) 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 11 BB

davelin
03-04-2005, 05:23 PM
Villain's flop/turn play doesn't scream draw necessarily. I think this is fine.

dark_horse
03-04-2005, 05:27 PM
what would scream draw louder than not getting capped on the flop after he raises and not being raised on the turn?

davelin
03-04-2005, 05:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
what would scream draw louder than not getting capped on the flop after he raises and not being raised on the turn?

[/ QUOTE ]

Kx
Jx
QT

Chadt74
03-04-2005, 05:32 PM
been at work too long, didn't read first post right thanks!

dark_horse
03-04-2005, 05:42 PM
There was no 4 to a straight on the board. Yeah, he was on a flushdraw. K/images/graemlins/diamond.gifT/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. I would have definitely capped the flop if I were him. And I was betting into him on the turn, so maybe you meant to say you'd expect him to raise the turn, not bet.

dark_horse
03-04-2005, 05:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Kx
Jx
QT

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I mean, what would scream draw *from his actions* louder than the way he acted on this hand. Of course, I can't know exactly what he's holding until the showdown.

davelin
03-04-2005, 05:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Kx
Jx
QT

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I mean, what would scream draw *from his actions* louder than the way he acted on this hand. Of course, I can't know exactly what he's holding until the showdown.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not sure what you're saying. You seem to be saying now you knew he was on a draw, his actions on the flop and river make sense you should've known that the river diamond hit him. I'm just saying that Villain's actions comprise a wide range of possible hands that make value betting on the river fine.

dark_horse
03-04-2005, 05:55 PM
Gotcha. I always tell myself, when in doubt, value bet, but I try not to take that too far to the point where I'm a fool for betting, because I'll only get called/raised if I'm beat. Sometimes it's a fine line, hence this post.