PDA

View Full Version : A heads up No-limit Touney

09-19-2002, 09:39 AM
I just offered a proposal to one of my fellow poker players at my home game. The proposal was to play a heads up no-limit touney. I consider this player to be much weaker than me at poker. I just want to know if I am right in saying and doingthis "the more tounament chips we have, the better off I am."
comments please!!!
I think I should make our stacks very large.

ohkanada
09-19-2002, 10:01 AM
Certainly the larger the stack compared to the blinds the more likely the better player will win.

Personally I think you should design the tourney to give reasonable play to everyone not just so you have the optimal chance to win.

Ken Poklitar

Greg (FossilMan)
09-19-2002, 10:26 AM
In what ways is he weaker? If his big mistake is playing too many hands, but he plays them reasonably well postflop, then you've just neutralized his disadvantage by making this a heads-up contest. It's hard to be too loose heads-up.

If he is too passive and gives up too easily, you want to start with a small stack, so you can grind him down more quickly, hopefully before he finds a big hand and doubles through you.

What you really want is someone who plays loose preflop, but gets timid and folds too much postflop. Build a pot, then take it. ;-)

Later, Greg Raymer (FossilMan)