PDA

View Full Version : Dell Customer Support ROCKS!

iMsoLucky0
03-04-2005, 02:57 AM
Recently ordered a new laptop, and the ship date on it was March 11th (Friday), and with all dell orders you have to sign for the package. I have to go out of town on the 12th (Saturday), and so with the regular shipping I wouldn't be able to be home to sign for it. I opened up a live chat with one of their representatives and told them my problem, as I was going to have them ship it to my friend's place. And they upgraded it to overnight express shipping for free.

That's awesome.

_2000Flushes
03-04-2005, 03:08 AM
I'm assuming that was sarcastic.

If not, don't hold your breath. Dell's customer support is rivaled only by Party's.

-2kF

emonrad87
03-04-2005, 03:13 AM
The only time I've dealt with Dell's support, I had a great experience. The DVD decoder chip on my laptop's combo drive barfed, and they sent me an upgrade - from an 8x CD burner/DVD combo to a 32x burner combo drive.

_2000Flushes
03-04-2005, 03:18 AM
Wow. These are the first two positive reports I've heard. I'm still physically recovering from the six months I wasted trying to deal with those dunces.

-2kF

beernutz
03-04-2005, 04:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Wow. These are the first two positive reports I've heard. I'm still physically recovering from the six months I wasted trying to deal with those dunces.

-2kF

[/ QUOTE ]

I have to side with 2KFlushes here. Dell support is such an oxymoron it gives other oxymorons a bad name. You two who had good experiences are the exceptions rather than the rule.

TheMetetron
03-04-2005, 04:13 AM
http://www.microsoftsecurity.com/

Uglyowl
03-04-2005, 04:13 AM
I have had nothing, but great luck with Dell's support.

Emmitt2222
03-04-2005, 04:27 AM
Never wanted to go Dell and then I finally bit the bullet with the 2001fp and was like, "what was I worrying about before?" When I had some trouble with the delivery and they wouldnt let me chat online with customer support because it said I hadnt ordered a product, which I obviously had, I started to get really pissed. Took me half an hour to finally get in contact with them. Now I know why I didnt want to go Dell in the first place. At least the product is sweet.

RollaJ
03-04-2005, 07:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Recently ordered a new laptop, and the ship date on it was March 11th (Friday), and with all dell orders you have to sign for the package. I have to go out of town on the 12th (Saturday), and so with the regular shipping I wouldn't be able to be home to sign for it. I opened up a live chat with one of their representatives and told them my problem, as I was going to have them ship it to my friend's place. And they upgraded it to overnight express shipping for free.

That's awesome.

[/ QUOTE ]

That was sales, they are not too bad. Tech support is the real fun

mackthefork
03-04-2005, 07:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm assuming that was sarcastic.

If not, don't hold your breath. Dell's customer support is rivaled only by Party's.

-2kF

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow Party are awful, Dell have the best Customer Services of any company I ever dealt with, and its not even close.

Mack

PennDisc
03-04-2005, 11:58 AM
I agree, although I have only called tech support once (3 years ago) for a busted hard drive. They overnighted me a new hard drive that was twice the capacity of my original, only spent 10 min on the phone with them.

Sales support has been great to me numerous times though. When the price of my laptop dropped about $150 3-4 weeks after I got mine (Sept/Oct 2004) I called them and they refunded me the full $150 - not the first time I've gotten credits after the fact with them either. Tried this again with the 2001FP since its price with the new coupons came out to like $487 as opposed to the $550 Jan price, but no dice.

topspin
03-04-2005, 12:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Wow Party are awful, Dell have the best Customer Services of any company I ever dealt with, and its not even close.

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you dealt with them lately?

5 years ago I would have agreed with you, but after they outsourced to India their tech support has gone into the crapper. They've since relocated the Business side of their tech support back to the US because of complaints, but consumer side is still outsourced.

Trying to actually have a meaningful conversation with someone who is very obviously just a talking front end for a playbook is one of the more frustrating experiences ever.

beernutz
03-04-2005, 05:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL. Yes, that is the oxymoron which pwns all other oxymorons.

beernutz
03-04-2005, 05:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Your avatar is mesmerizing. Your avatar is mesmerizing. Your avatar is mesmerizing. Your avatar is mesmerizing. Your avatar is mesmerizing. Your avatar is mesmerizing. Your avatar is mesmerizing. Your avatar is mesmerizing. Your avatar is mesmerizing. Your avatar is mesmerizing. Your avatar is mesmerizing. Your avatar is mesmerizing. Your avatar is mesmerizing. Your avatar is mesmerizing. Your avatar is mesmerizing. Your avatar is mesmerizing. Your avatar is mesmerizing. Your avatar is mesmerizing. Your avatar is mesmerizing. Your avatar is mesmerizing. Your avatar is mesmerizing. Your avatar is mesmerizing. Your avatar is mesmerizing. Your avatar is mesmerizing. Your avatar is mesmerizing. Your avatar is mesmerizing. Your avatar is mesmerizing. Your avatar is mesmerizing. Your avatar is mesmerizing. Your avatar is mesmerizing. Your avatar is mesmerizing. Your avatar is mesmerizing. Your avatar is mesmerizing. Your avatar is mesmerizing. Your avatar is mesmerizing. Your avatar is mesmerizing. Your avatar is mesmerizing. Your avatar is mesmerizing.