PDA

View Full Version : 33 in EP

TheMetetron
03-04-2005, 02:26 AM
MP2 has TAGish stats after 60 hands. No read on UTG.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+2 with 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 3/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, BB checks.

Flop: (5.33 SB) 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP2 calls, BB folds, UTG calls.

Turn: (5.66 BB) K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, MP2 calls, UTG calls.

River: (14.66 BB) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, Hero checks, MP2 checks.

Final Pot: 14.66 BB

Redd
03-04-2005, 02:43 AM
What a crappy river. You've likely got MP2 beat, but the only hands that a reasonable UTG would call 2 cold with on the turn is a flush draw or OESD, and they both came in. I think I'd get a blip in my check-raisedar here too, and also check behind. IMHO, Ni' han.

Etric
03-04-2005, 03:19 AM
Fold pf unless you know the table is loose. The rest looks fine; river is a big scare card.

TheMetetron
03-04-2005, 03:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Fold pf unless you know the table is loose. The rest looks fine; river is a big scare card.

[/ QUOTE ]

Before today, I would have. Trying to up that VP$IP everyone is harping on me for. After 2 limpers and a normal $3/6 table to follow... call seems good, even if it is EP.

einbert
03-04-2005, 03:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Before today, I would have. Trying to up that VP$IP everyone is harping on me for. After 2 limpers and a normal $3/6 table to follow... call seems good, even if it is EP.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like the PF call.

Did you check the river because you felt you couldn't safely fold to a raise? It looks like a bet-fold to me. Please let me know why you checked instead. I'm not questioning your play, just trying to learn.

Willluck
03-04-2005, 03:41 AM
Preflop is frowned upon but not terrible the rest looks okay

Knoler
03-04-2005, 03:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this one of the easier limps to make after two limpers in MP1. If UTG and UTG+1 had folded, that's another story, but I think this limp is mega-OK.

Lame river, dude. I like the check.

You call a river bet, true?

Regards,
-Brian

TheMetetron
03-04-2005, 04:11 AM
If he bets out, then yeah I call. After he checks, something is just screaming check/raise after the way the hand went down. I also have the other player to deal with who isn't much of a threat, but could have a few hands that just beat me.

That river card just really, really sucks. Any ten or any two hearts just beat me. Maybe I wussed out. That's what I'd kind of like opinions on, but I do think that card screams that somebody made something just now. If I do get check-raised I'm still not entirely sure I could fold it in such a big pot as I've seen some idiots do that with 2 pair / sets that were played oddly... or also on complete bluffs.

For those wondering UTG had AJ and MP2 had KQ and MHIG.

Also, the more I start looking at my PF call, the more correct I think it is. In fact, I'd be willing to say with a good degree of certainty that folding 33 here is a mistake.

jt1
03-04-2005, 05:02 AM
I would have bet that river because I'm on autopilot most of the time. I respected your handreading (in this hand), but after seeing the results, i no longer do. lol

obvious after the fact, but anything with a 10 or an Ace, many players would cold call. AJ, 10J, Q10, A10 and 2 hearts. I guess those possibilites warrant a bet.

TheMetetron
03-04-2005, 05:08 AM
My problem comes with this... I would not have cold called AJ here. Apparently, some would. AT already had me beat. JT now has me beat, as well as QT. In fact the only had you listed that I beat is AJ. Maybe I missed your point?? And AJ would've been in the muck if it was me.

hmkpoker
03-04-2005, 05:10 AM
KQ sounds like a likely holding for MP2.

jt1
03-04-2005, 05:12 AM
Yea, I'm not a super observant reader. Anything but AJ has you beat. And that just happens to be the one thing he has. Oh well, good check!

TheMetetron
03-04-2005, 05:14 AM
Would you have called AJ here? You can't possibly like your Ace outs... and your T outs are knocked by at least .5 due to a possible flush. And, the fact that you don't have the oods to call to begin with facing 2 big bets!

Not that I'm complaining that I won the hand, but I don't see a whole lot of value in betting here. What is he reasonably cold calling?

Kailia Marie
03-04-2005, 05:33 AM
Hi guys,

I've skimmed through this thread and all this preflop debate is kind of silly. After two limps you should be playing any pocket pair.

As for the hand itself, that's a really bad river card and I don't mind the check at all.

/images/graemlins/heart.gifKailia

einbert
03-04-2005, 07:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]
After two limps you should be playing any pocket pair.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think so too.

chief444
03-04-2005, 08:28 AM
Kailia Marie,

I agree. Welcome to the forum. I get the impression you're going to have a lot to contribute.

Chief

bakku
03-04-2005, 08:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you effing serious? Hero is UTG+2, has 2 limpers to him and you're wondering if the table is loose enough to limp here?

Chris Daddy Cool
03-04-2005, 08:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you effing serious? Hero is UTG+2, has 2 limpers to him and you're wondering if the table is loose enough to limp here?

[/ QUOTE ]

You're 91 posts away from being a Pooh-Bah. That is all I have to contribute to this thread.

bakku
03-04-2005, 08:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Also, the more I start looking at my PF call, the more correct I think it is. In fact, I'd be willing to say with a good degree of certainty that folding 33 here is a mistake.

[/ QUOTE ]

It wouldn't be a mistake. It'd be a crime against humanity.

bakku
03-04-2005, 08:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I just cried really hard then threw up in my mouth.

Chris Daddy Cool
03-04-2005, 08:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I just cried really hard then threw up in my mouth.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like mean Bakku.

pokerstudAA
03-04-2005, 02:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
After two limps you should be playing any pocket pair.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think so too.

[/ QUOTE ]

I also have learned my lesson on this one. Pocket Pairs are good, mmmm K.

Limp 33 behind 2 limpers is even nicer than limping first in - which I am starting think is ok also (with a passive preflop tabel of course).