PDA

View Full Version : Help me if u want...please

WantedMan
03-01-2005, 10:09 PM
Hey all, I just joined 2+2 (its rocks) but ive got a problem. Im a little young to be gambling (16) and i need some help. Ive played quite a while(my mom says im addicted, but im not) and i need some tips on the super aggressive style used by Stu Unger, Daniel Negraneu and, to a lesser extent Brunson. Everyone says tight aggressive is the way to go but i believe that Super Aggressive has the most power if youre real good at it. Especcially in tourneys, where its all or nothing. In cash games i play tight agresive, but i think super would be pretty nice. Please help me!

Peace...The Stampede

ZebraAss
03-01-2005, 10:11 PM
... well it looks like he already has his "bad ass poker nickname"

...Welcome to the forum and Good luck, stampede.

WantedMan
03-01-2005, 10:12 PM
You are the man...

valenzuela
03-01-2005, 10:30 PM
Hi pal Im 16 too, first of all theres nothing wrong with being addicted at poker if youre a winning player, first of all what do you play?

WantedMan
03-01-2005, 10:36 PM
no limit tourneys usually, but every now and then theres a cash game where people usually end up paying me /images/graemlins/cool.gif but ya. usually no limit.

Thanks...The Stampede

Is the sign off getting annoying yet?

Slim Pickens
03-01-2005, 10:56 PM
I think I'm gonna call him Stampy.

johnnybeef
03-02-2005, 12:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

hilarious!

Pepsquad
03-02-2005, 01:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Hi pal Im 16 too, first of all theres nothing wrong with being addicted at poker if youre a winning player, first of all what do you play?

[/ QUOTE ]

So which one is really first of all? /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

ChrisCo
03-02-2005, 01:46 AM
LOL I am embarrassed to be young. I just hope I wasn't this arrogant at any time in the last couple years.

Now to at least give a decent response to the OP. I am like you, an underaged gambler at 17 years of age. Click here (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=inet&Number=1667651&Forum= ,All_Forums,&Words=&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Main=166 7651&Search=true&where=&Name=7277&daterange=&newer val=&newertype=&olderval=&oldertype=&bodyprev=#Pos t1667651) for a little more info on my experiences with underage gambling. To be fair I am assuming that I played alot more poker than you so you have a long ways to go before it gets to the amount of play that most posters put in on a regular basis. It doesn't sound like you are playing online and I would advise you not to because it is simple to see that you do not have the experience, knowledge, or bankroll management to be a successful player at your age.

Second off you need to learn the fundamentals of poker before you can ever take the leap to maximizing your EV by playing like a manic. Their is a very very very limited amount of posters all across 2+2 that can pull off this style of play while exceeding profits of their normal playing style. This style of play requires one to play absolutely flawlessely post flop and you show no indication of understanding even the basics of poker. Whenever a poster comes in asking how they can be more like <Insert Big Name Pro Here> then you can immediately tell this person doesn't know much about poker. With this comment along with how young you are I would advise you to either gamble for very low stakes for several years for socail reasons rather than profit, or run away from the game.

Just a suggestion coming from someone that knows what its like to get caught up in this at a young age. Good luck in the future.

ChrisCo
03-02-2005, 02:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
first of all theres nothing wrong with being addicted at poker if youre a winning player

[/ QUOTE ]

Just because your a winning player doesn't mean being addicted to poker isn't bad. Money isn't the only thing in the world that matters. You may be the type of person that will be affected negatively by being addicted to poker despite being a winning player.

jimymat
03-02-2005, 02:32 AM
The super agg. style your referring to is a style that can not really be taught. I think you have to play a long time and experience all the different styles and in's and out's of the game before playing this way. Not to say you can not experiment with it since you should be mixing up your game. To truley appreciate the megalomaniac you have to experience the game more.To be able to recognize where your opponent is at mixing up his game and adjust is how you apply a super agg style. If you come out firing you will be snapped off with this style. Just like anything else, you must know how to apply your resources.

On that note when you've played enough and your sup. agg. is applicable here's a lil how,
1. Dont be afraid to die, every one dies in the tourneys except for one.
2. I think it was Poe who said " Never call, either raise or fold." Same applies with sup.agg.
3. Understand the Group hands and their ratings. At the end of these tournaments you will have to play a lot looser in your hand selection and knowing the odds of a Q 6 vs 5 5 is essential.
4. Know that if you've just raised for the fourth time in a row and stolen the pot with out showing that people are going to start geting curious. Back off a lil and tighten up. You want to be playing the opposite of how the table is playing as a whole. If there tight your loose, if there loose you tighten up.
5. Once you build up your stack use them to start bullying your opponent. The worst thing you can do is tighten up with the chip lead at a tight table to preserve your lead. Those chips are bullets and you should be firing harder than a crack dealer on Crenshaw Sunday nights.
6. Understand your opponents and there style. Read Psychology of Poker and Inside the Poker Mind.
7. Get a lot of hours in and it will come naturally. Yoy will begin to recognize certain situations and know how to react to them. Experience is going to be your number one tool to the megalomaniac super agg style.
Good luck.

Blackjack
03-02-2005, 02:42 AM
Better off starting slow.. Harrington style the morphing into whatever suits your personality. It will save you from tilting and busting your BR.. Trust me from experience as a fellow young'un. Not that young though.

Blackjack

Slim Pickens
03-02-2005, 04:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Ive played quite a while

[/ QUOTE ]
Dude... you're 16. You haven't done anything "for a while."

[ QUOTE ]
i need some tips on the super aggressive style used by Stu Unger, Daniel Negraneu and, to a lesser extent Brunson.

[/ QUOTE ]
Unless your name is Unger, Negraneu, or to a lesser extent, Brunson, don't get all crazy with the EZCheeze, as it were.

[ QUOTE ]
Everyone says tight aggressive is the way to go

[/ QUOTE ]
...for mortals anyway, but I'm pretty sure I was immortal at 16.

[ QUOTE ]
Especcially in tourneys, where its all or nothing.

[/ QUOTE ]
David Williams did not walk away from the 2004 WSOP main event either a winner or a poor man. I'm guessing you've seen that on the TV.

[ QUOTE ]
In cash games i play tight agresive, but i think super would be pretty nice.

[/ QUOTE ]
The worst thing that could happen to you is a huge winning session the first time you try this. Do you see why this is?

[ QUOTE ]
Peace...The Stampede[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Please tell me you're not too young to get this. Am I really that old./images/graemlins/confused.gif I sound like a freaking guidance councilor.

Slim

hovemag
03-02-2005, 07:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

nh

jcm4ccc
03-02-2005, 07:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]
my mom says im addicted, but im not

[/ QUOTE ]

If I asked your mom, "What makes you say that Stampy is addicted to poker?," what would she say?

Better yet, get her to answer the question herself. Have her respond to your post.

Hillbilly Cat
03-02-2005, 09:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
2. I think it was Poe who said " Never call, either raise or fold." Same applies with sup.agg

[/ QUOTE ]

lol... yes it was and he was *terrible* poker player. He turned to poetry after his family disowned him because he bust them with his losses....

Perhaps you just need an understanding family.... with a huge bankroll /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Practice with someone elses money... its infinitely more profitable and a lot less risky.

GtrHtr
03-02-2005, 11:19 AM
You've got to be kidding.

WantedMan
03-06-2005, 03:31 PM
Hey, thanks all for the posts. It is becoming readily apparent my name is now Stampy. Well okay then. I'm off to go play now.
Peace...the stampy

Slim Pickens
03-06-2005, 07:27 PM
Good luck to you. Post some HH's when you get the chance.

WantedMan
03-07-2005, 10:34 PM
Right, so that ends this strand.
I got some helpful advis, one arrogant sunovaguy who doesnt understnad that hes the arrogant one, and one badass nickname. Thanks all, i hope to not suck in the future...
Stampy