PDA

View Full Version : Party too slow?

09-13-2002, 03:23 PM
After installing the new software from Party Poker, I found that playing 1 table there and 1 table on True was impossible. True got so slow I could not avoid being put all in. I feel this is a combination of my going to 2 monitors (1 a 19") and the new Party software.
Has anyone else noticed this?

09-13-2002, 03:26 PM
Yes I think the new software should be thrown in the trash. Those little punks should be warned that granny is cmon to get ya!

--Little Punks /forums/images/icons/smile.gif /forums/images/icons/smile.gif /forums/images/icons/smile.gif /forums/images/icons/smile.gif /forums/images/icons/smile.gif /forums/images/icons/smile.gif /forums/images/icons/smile.gif /forums/images/icons/smile.gif /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

yct
09-13-2002, 03:28 PM
I notice the new party software also slows down my older pc, pentium 500. Looks like I'll have to get a new desktop now. However it runs fine on my laptop which is faster with pentium 3.

09-13-2002, 03:30 PM
Yct. Get a new computer than it will work

Sorry Little Punk!

Granny is comin to get ya! /forums/images/icons/mad.gif /forums/images/icons/mad.gif /forums/images/icons/mad.gif /forums/images/icons/mad.gif

yct
09-13-2002, 03:56 PM
Well, getting a new pc == costing money. The old pc has been working fine, and to have to buy a new one just to play party poker is a bit wasting money I think. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

09-13-2002, 04:05 PM
Maybe you have to add some more memory. Or update your graphics card. How much memory do you have? And what kind of graphics card do you have?

09-13-2002, 04:45 PM
Party itself is a little slow, but brings True to a complete standstill. I used it for about 1 hour and ordered a new CPU - moving from Duron 800 to Athlon 1600 - should do it and only cost $55.
I would like to suggest to all poker sites - do what Pokerroom does - give us an option to turn off the fancy graphics - you'll get more business.

Abagadro
09-13-2002, 04:49 PM
It's definitely just a resource hog rather than slowed down the actual site. I noticed no difference on my comp which is brand new and therefore has fast processor and spammy gfx card. I don't like the new look hog.

yct
09-13-2002, 04:56 PM
P500, 192 MB RAM, and 16 MB Video RAM with Voodoo3 card. If you suggest to upgrade the video card, then it's probably cheaper overall just to get a new system. /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif

GrannyMae
09-13-2002, 07:54 PM
i was going to point out that there are 2 forged GrannyMae posts here, but then i realized that i do not totally disagree with any of them, so carry on.