PDA

View Full Version : Hair Destroying Shampoo

theBruiser500
02-22-2005, 08:28 PM
If you're in a hostel or someone elses house or some random place and using shampoo you find there, are you afraid they put something weird in it that will make your hair really smelly, or maybe even make it fall out?

wacki
02-22-2005, 08:31 PM
no, and if you're taking a shower in their house, you shouldn't either.

Boris
02-22-2005, 08:31 PM
No.

thatpfunk
02-22-2005, 08:32 PM
Is this a regular fear of yours? Trust your friends...

felson
02-22-2005, 08:32 PM
No.

BusterStacks
02-22-2005, 08:34 PM
Absolutely not.

wacki
02-22-2005, 08:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Is this a regular fear of yours? Trust your friends...

[/ QUOTE ]

or get new friends.

TylerD
02-22-2005, 08:43 PM
Are you really that paranoid?

peachy
02-22-2005, 08:51 PM
hahaah we put bleach in one of our roomies shampoo one year!! hahah it was amazing!! from then on he always opened the bottle and smelled it before hand and eventually resorted to taking it to his room with him at night and taking it back ONLY for his showers!!

mmcd
02-22-2005, 08:53 PM
You hit the nail right on the head. I even thoroughly inspect my own shampoo every morning to make sure no one tampered with it while I was asleep or out the day before. Same goes for soap, toothpaste, toothbrush, food and drink, clothing, and towels.

theBruiser500
02-22-2005, 09:00 PM
Not friends houses, I'm talking more about hostels and such.

MMMMMM
02-22-2005, 09:01 PM
You ought to try BRIGHTO.

MMMMMM
02-22-2005, 09:02 PM
Hostels? Wtf? Just get a Motel 6 or something.

GuyOnTilt
02-22-2005, 09:13 PM
Not friends houses, I'm talking more about hostels and such.

I bring my own shampoo and body wash to hotels. Non-nice hotels have really crappy toiletries. Nice ones have quality stuff, but I still like using my own better.

GoT

GuyOnTilt
02-22-2005, 09:13 PM
hahaah we put bleach in one of our roomies shampoo one year!! hahah it was amazing!! from then on he always opened the bottle and smelled it before hand and eventually resorted to taking it to his room with him at night and taking it back ONLY for his showers!!

You're a dick. I'm glad you're not my friend.

GoT

Ulysses
02-22-2005, 09:20 PM
You are one weird mf.

sublime
02-22-2005, 09:21 PM
Nice ones have quality stuff,

not the soap man. i have stayed at the mirage a few times (penthouse and regular suites) and the soap is like sandpaper. same for the borgata.

GuyOnTilt
02-22-2005, 09:25 PM
not the soap man. i have stayed at the mirage a few times (penthouse and regular suites) and the soap is like sandpaper. same for the borgata.

Places like that usually have like an expensive weird designer type body wash, shampoo, and facial wash package thing on the counter in a fancy display. I think when I stayed at the Mirage the other week they had one of those... I stay away from bar soap in general though. It dries out my skin somewhat and doesn't smell as good as my body wash. : /

GoT

Sponger15SB
02-22-2005, 09:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]

You're a dick. I'm glad you're not my friend.

GoT

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, messing with roomates is one thing, but when it turns from like putting mayo in your shampoo (I dunno, first thing I thought of) into something that could possibly injure you I would freak out and probably just pour bleach on them while they slept as payback.

peachy
02-22-2005, 09:46 PM
o there was much worse done in that house...my life is entirely altered by living with these guys in college...they r the reason i sleep at the foot of the bed even NOW - so that i could hear them better when they TRIED to sneak in my room. It ranged from vasaline on door handles to buckets of waters above the doors...the BEST was this though - and it always got them:

taking a rubber band and putting it on the water sprayer thingy in the sink so that when they turned the faucet on they got hosed!! it was great to hear that scream all the way from upstairs!! Id die laughin everytime!!

I also put bleach in my laundry det. at one point b/c one of the roomies USED it non stop and i told them enough...but they kept on...he wore SUPER nice clothes too, when he bitched me out i told him "if u had ASKED me to use it you would have known that i had put bleach in that one for whites" HAHAHAH he had nothing to say /images/graemlins/grin.gif

sublime
02-22-2005, 09:53 PM
I stay away from bar soap in general though. It dries out my skin somewhat and doesn't smell as good as my body wash. : /

agreed

theBruiser500
02-22-2005, 10:05 PM
I'm not really afraid of this (although some of the shampoo I have used lately smells kind of funky) but the thought always occurs to me.

Jack of Arcades
02-22-2005, 10:05 PM
I don't have hair to damage.

Soul Daddy
02-22-2005, 10:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't have hair to damage.

[/ QUOTE ]
Me neither. It's both a blessing and a curse.

MMMMMM
02-23-2005, 12:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]

hahaah we put bleach in one of our roomies shampoo one year!! hahah it was amazing!!

[/ QUOTE ]

This is not even funny to joke about. Getting shampoo in your eyes is not pleasant, but getting bleach in your eyes could cause eye injury--maybe even blindness?

MMMMMM
02-23-2005, 12:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
'm not really afraid of this (although some of the shampoo I have used lately smells kind of funky) but the thought always occurs to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you should be more worried that someone might have put something funky in the mayo when you go out and get a sub.