PDA

View Full Version : Value bet this river?

einbert
02-17-2005, 12:14 AM
Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, BB calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: (4.75 BB) A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, UTG+1 folds.

River: (6.75 BB) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero ????

MisterKing
02-17-2005, 12:27 AM
I doubt the busted straight will call you (which at first glance seems to be the most likely holding. K or Q with a 7 also seems possible, maybe s00ted, and these hands will probably call. Of course any six will be raising, putting you in an ugly situation.

Since villian is in the BB, its quite hard to put him on a range of hands. He hasn't shown any strength so far, but I think a "value check" is pardonable, if not best here. Did you have prior reads on the guy? PT data? I think a good case could be made that this data would make you lean one way or another depending on his W$WSF, VP$IP, and so on.

Clarkmeister
02-17-2005, 01:07 AM
It's close, but not as close as first glance. People manage to find all sorts of reasons and hands with which to call. Bet.