PDA

View Full Version : another live KQ hand

The Goober
02-16-2005, 06:25 AM
Live 4-8 game - table is pretty loose, generally bad, and somewhat agressive. MP is sorta an idiot and SB seems reasonable, but on the loose-passive side.

I get K/images/graemlins/spade.gifQ/images/graemlins/spade.gif in CO-1.
MP1 and MP2 limp, I raise, blinds and limpers call.

Flop: T/images/graemlins/heart.gifT/images/graemlins/diamond.gif9/images/graemlins/heart.gif (5 players, 10SB)
checked to MP2 who bets, I call, everyone calls.

Turn: 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif (5 players, 7 BB)
checked around

River: 5/images/graemlins/club.gif
SB bets, everyone folds to me, I fold

This feels really weak, but at the time it felt like their were so many ways so many opponents could be stuck to this flop that raising as a bluff didn't make sense, but I had enoiugh to call with three sorta-clean J outs and 2ish (discounted) overcard outs.

Was it raise or fold on the flop?

spydog
02-16-2005, 09:27 AM
I would raise this flop with 2 overcards + gutshot.

The Goober
02-16-2005, 05:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I would raise this flop with 2 overcards + gutshot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, normally I would play this very strongly, b/c I could have as many as 10 outs. In this case, though, so many of my outs seemed dirty and I could be drawing nearly dead on my overcard outs if someone has a T...

Sadat X
02-16-2005, 05:39 PM
Raise the flop, bet the turn, check the the river if MP2 is still there with you.

bakku
02-16-2005, 05:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Raise the flop, bet the turn, check the the river if MP2 is still there with you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Betting the turn into 4 players with K high is bad

kross
02-16-2005, 06:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Betting the turn into 4 players with K high is bad

[/ QUOTE ]

If he raises the flop, at least two of those players likely drop out. And it will likely give him a free card, if he wants it. Now the question is, does he want to take it, or continue his aggression?

-- Kevin

The Goober
02-16-2005, 08:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If he raises the flop, at least two of those players likely drop out. And it will likely give him a free card, if he wants it. Now the question is, does he want to take it, or continue his aggression?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, this was the sort of loose live game where the players behind me were only slightly less likely to call two bets than they were to call one. Although I do think that I would have been likely to get a free card on the turn. Given that, is a flop raise still the right play?

Clarkmeister
02-17-2005, 02:23 AM
Perfectly played Goober.

cold_cash
02-17-2005, 02:29 AM
I don't want to seem like I'm piling on after bakku and clark, but when you raise the flop w/ this board at an aggressive table against multiple opponents you're really sucking around to get 3-bet; which, as far as I'm concerned, licks nuts.