PDA

View Full Version : kk and ace on the flop

meanjean
02-15-2005, 04:41 PM
I don't know much about co but the button hasn't played too bad...first time I've seen him cold call a raise

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, CO calls, Button calls, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: (9 SB) T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls, Button calls, SB folds.

Turn: (6 BB) T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Button calls, Hero does what?

meanjean
02-15-2005, 04:42 PM
Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, CO calls, Button calls, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: (9 SB) T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls, Button calls, SB folds.

Turn: (6 BB) T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Button calls, Hero folds.

River: (8 BB) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
CO checks, Button checks.

Final Pot: 8 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
CO has 7c Qc (two pair, queens and tens).
Button has 9s Qs (two pair, queens and tens).
Outcome: CO wins 4 BB. Button wins 4 BB. </font>

meep_42
02-15-2005, 04:43 PM
You gave this pot away.

-d

PokerBob
02-15-2005, 04:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't know much about co but the button hasn't played too bad...first time I've seen him cold call a raise

Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Button calls, Hero does what?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hero is glad button called, so he can confidently fold his KK. Oh yeah, Hero swears a little too. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

meanjean
02-15-2005, 04:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You gave this pot away.

-d

[/ QUOTE ]

So you keep betting out with an overcard and a pair on the board? I guess this is what I'm asking, go full tilt until you meet with resistance? If I bet out and get raised do I fold?

PokerBob
02-15-2005, 04:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hero is glad button called, so he can confidently fold his KK. Oh yeah, Hero swears a little too. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

That said, bet the turn. If called, check fold the river.

PokerBob
02-15-2005, 04:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If I bet out and get raised do I fold?

[/ QUOTE ]

I do. Pot is small. If he is pimping you, good for him.

Massad
02-15-2005, 04:59 PM
I would have fired at the pot one more time and would fold to a turn raise. However, your turn check isn't really that horrible, because the pot is not that big, but it's definately an invitation for a bluff. If the pot would be bigger the check is really bad, but in this spot and with you read, it didn't cost you much. It seems bad in retrospect, becuase your check costed you the pot but in reality it's less since you are beat here most of the time.

meep_42
02-15-2005, 05:02 PM
I agree that you're beat most of the time here, but I fire again, folding immediately to any raise. I may check/call the river to see the showdown for as cheap as possible, though.

-d

meanjean
02-15-2005, 05:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I would have fired at the pot one more time and would fold to a turn raise. However, your turn check isn't really that horrible, because the pot is not that big, but it's definately an invitation for a bluff. If the pot would be bigger the check is really bad, but in this spot and with you read, it didn't cost you much. It seems bad in retrospect, becuase your check costed you the pot but in reality it's less since you are beat here most of the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

That was my instinctive play...bet out. But I considered that I was behind most hands that would call a preflop raise and call with an ace on the board, the presence of the pair sealed my check and fold decision. Is this too whimpy?