PDA

View Full Version : Conundrum

skipperbob
02-14-2005, 11:51 PM
1st hand of a Step 5...You're the Button..2 players allin before action to you....You have AA....Now what?...Why? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

AtticusFinch
02-14-2005, 11:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
1st hand of a Step 5...You're the Button..2 players allin before action to you....You have AA....Now what?...Why? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Call? Gleefully? That's what I would do. You're over 50% to triple up. You can't ask for a better shot than this.

skipperbob
02-14-2005, 11:55 PM
You're not a favorite to win the pot; u know?

The Yugoslavian
02-14-2005, 11:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you have too much equity in it to fold though.

Perhaps if this was a setp 4 or 3 (although I'm not entirely familiar with the structure just know that so many spots 'pay out') you'd be doin' fine folding due to maximizing your survival.

Yugoslav

AtticusFinch
02-14-2005, 11:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Vs two random hands, no, but vs the hands they're likely playing, you're a big favorite to win. Think about what they might go all-in with on the first hand. Big pairs, Big Slick, Maybe AQS. Against two of these, you're over a 66% favorite to triple up. Chances are you have them both dominated. The worst case is they both have something like JTs. HIGHLY unlikely.

skipperbob
02-15-2005, 12:04 AM
The most likely scenario, in my opinion, is that they both have pocket pairs...First to act has a small pair (why else go allin on hand in weak position)...second to act has a big pp; probably not AA...But isn't my question a little more complicated than the easy "call" answer...Out of the step 5 on the first hand??? /images/graemlins/mad.gif

Jman28
02-15-2005, 12:10 AM
Easy call. Especially in a STEP 5, where you don't have an enormous edge over the table.

AtticusFinch
02-15-2005, 12:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The most likely scenario, in my opinion, is that they both have pocket pairs...First to act has a small pair (why else go allin on hand in weak position)...second to act has a big pp;

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a fantastic scenario. You have a 67% chance of winning.

[ QUOTE ]

But isn't my question a little more complicated than the easy "call" answer...Out of the step 5 on the first hand??? /images/graemlins/mad.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Not for me, because I'm probably outclassed in a step 5. In that case, getting all my chips in with a 66% chance of tripling up, without having to outplay better players, is my dream scenario. If I get busted, so be it, but I call this bet every time.

With three all-ins against me I'd be much more hesitant. Now I'm not a favorite to win, and surviving in a rare step 5 game begins to take precedence over the extra chips.

The Yugoslavian
02-15-2005, 12:29 AM
Ummm....I can't imagine Phil Hellmuth laying this down here.

And we all know how big of an advantage he'd think he has over the field, /images/graemlins/wink.gif.

Yugoslav

rachelwxm
02-15-2005, 11:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you run it by Phil just to make sure? /images/graemlins/cool.gif

AtticusFinch
02-15-2005, 02:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]

And we all know how big of an advantage he'd think he has over the field, /images/graemlins/wink.gif.

Yugoslav

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not suggesting that a top player would be wrong to call. Only that it makes it even easier for me to call that I think I'm outclassed.

Irieguy
02-15-2005, 03:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You're not a favorite to win the SNG, u know?

Irieguy