PDA

View Full Version : Chivalry question, what would you do?

wacki
02-14-2005, 08:44 PM
I was at a bar last night and some random girl came up to me and asked me if she could borrow my coat. She wanted to go outside and smoke a cigarette. I am wearing a IZOD fleece so it's nice but not North Face/Marmot nice. If she bolted it would piss me off but it wouldn't be a big loss. I know people are going to ask so I will tell you she was decent looking but I had no intention of hitting on her. So that wasn't a factor for me. She was sloppy drunk, so she wouldn't of been able to run fast. If I let her borrow my coat I could hang out by the door and watch her through the glass, which would be a total pain in the rear.

My question is, would you let her borrow your coat?

stabn
02-14-2005, 08:46 PM
I wouldn't want my fleece to smell like smoke.

istewart
02-14-2005, 08:47 PM
Nope.

wacki
02-14-2005, 08:47 PM
Ok, pretend smoking isn't a factor.

BusterStacks
02-14-2005, 08:48 PM
I think you should. What would your mother say?

ClaytonN
02-14-2005, 08:48 PM
Yeah, but I'd keep watch.

wacki
02-14-2005, 08:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Good question, I think I'll ask her next time I see her. If it wasn't for the cigs, I think she might say yes, but you have to watch her like a hawk.

syka16
02-14-2005, 09:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I will tell you she was decent looking but I had no intention of hitting on her. So that wasn't a factor for me.

[/ QUOTE ]

you sound already chivalrous enough. And sorta gay.

stabn
02-14-2005, 09:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think i'm really out of line to say no to some random person wanting to borrow something, so if i'm doing anything more than nursing a beer i'm probably saying no.

However, if i am just nursing a beer i'd probably let her borrow it and go shoot the [censored] for five minutes.

jakethebake
02-14-2005, 09:44 PM
Drunk & good looking....So why weren't you hitting it?

wacki
02-14-2005, 09:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
you sound already chivalrous enough.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am very chivalrous under the right conditions.

[ QUOTE ]
And sorta gay.

[/ QUOTE ]

This girl was well above average in looks, but she just wasn't my type. I like women with small boobs, long legs, and lots of factory air. I'm not gay, just very picky. Jenny Mccarthy couldn't give me a hard on to save her life, but I don't think I will ever get tired of looking at Elisa Bridges or Mila Jovovich.

wacki
02-14-2005, 09:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Jake, if a squirrel flashed it's pink little cooter at you, you would hit it.

Evan
02-14-2005, 09:50 PM
If I had no intention of trying to hook up with her there's minimal chance I'd even respond to her request.

ClaytonN
02-14-2005, 09:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I don't think i'm really out of line to say no to some random person wanting to borrow something, so if i'm doing anything more than nursing a beer i'm probably saying no.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm a big believer in kharma. That random drunk chick might remember you the next time you see her in a bar with her hot roommate. Or something like that.

jakethebake
02-14-2005, 09:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Jake, if a squirrel flashed it's pink little cooter at you, you would hit it.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL...not at all true. I just have a thing for drunk, good-looking chicks. I hate to say it but I honestly do find drunk girls sexy. As long as they're not puking/falling-down drunk.

ethan
02-14-2005, 09:55 PM
No, because you have to watch her and getting it back will be a pain in the ass if she decides to stay outside. (For whatever reason...she's sloppy drunk, it could happen. She also might just wander off.)

My ideal route here would be to head outside with her, lend her the vest, and smoke a clove while hitting on her, but that's not within the realm of what you're considering. So, no.

stabn
02-14-2005, 09:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I'm a big believer in kharma. That random drunk chick might remember you the next time you see her in a bar with her hot roommate. Or something like that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Shrug. I'm a big believer in ignoring random drunk chicks who want to borrow things /images/graemlins/smile.gif.

syka16
02-14-2005, 09:56 PM
Chivalry isn't your problem. One of your mates would have hit it. You're either selfish or an Alki.

wacki
02-14-2005, 09:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Chivalry isn't your problem. One of your mates would have hit it. You're either selfish or an Alki.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, well for your information I was the DD that night. Also, the guy I was at the bars with had his hands full juggling two very hot girls that were both named Natalie. I hope your people reading skills are better at the poker table.

wacki
02-14-2005, 10:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If I had no intention of trying to hook up with her there's minimal chance I'd even respond to her request.

[/ QUOTE ]

What would you do if she persisted? This girl wasn't going to go away. She was very drunk and very badly wanted a coat.

stabn
02-14-2005, 10:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]

This girl wasn't going to go away.

[/ QUOTE ]

"It will cost you a blow job honey, you sure you still want to borrow it".

I say this expecting her to go away.

bdk3clash
02-14-2005, 10:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

This girl wasn't going to go away.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
It's win-win!

wacki
02-14-2005, 10:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL. This reminds me of a time this girl kept on walking by me while making sure her "birthday girl" shirt was pointed in my direction. Finally, on like the 12th pass, she came up and asked me if I was going to buy her a drink. I replied "Are you a whore?". Startled, she stepped back and said "No", so I responded "Then why should I spend money on you?".

She was annoying, I was drunk, and in a bad mood. Still, it made all of my friends laugh. And yes, I know I can be an ass.

Evan
02-14-2005, 10:20 PM
1) Were you the only guy in the bar with a coat?
2) Where do you live? Is it really cold enough that she can't stand outside for 3 minutes sans coat?

Reef
02-14-2005, 10:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yep

wacki
02-14-2005, 10:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
1) Were you the only guy in the bar with a coat?

[/ QUOTE ]

Coats were rare, but some other guys had them.

[ QUOTE ]
2) Where do you live? Is it really cold enough that she can't stand outside for 3 minutes sans coat?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty sure it was 33 F that night, and she was in a very skimpy outfit.

PokerCat69
02-14-2005, 10:25 PM
Not if I had no intensions of hitting on her.

Alobar
02-14-2005, 11:30 PM
unless I was trying to poker her, or I knew her somehow, then shes on her own, who effing cares if its the nice thing to do. Youve got better things do with ure time then worry about weather some drunk chick is going to run off with ure jacket.

MMMMMM
02-14-2005, 11:37 PM
Nah.

Only way would be if something about her eyes or smile I REALLY liked, and then I would stand outside with her while she smoked. And no point to that if she was really sloppy drunk, like you say.

TimM
02-14-2005, 11:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Ok, pretend smoking isn't a factor.

[/ QUOTE ]

If smoking weren't a factor, wtf does she need the jacket for?

I'd say no, and tell her she should quit smoking instead.

Matty
02-14-2005, 11:58 PM
She was hitting on you.

Drunks don't care about the cold, and certainly don't think far enough ahead to ask for coats off of strangers before they go out for a quick smoke. And if it were really THAT cold, she'd already have a coat.

wacki
02-15-2005, 12:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]
She was hitting on you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Possible, I wasn't interested in her, so I could easily of missed her signals. I've been known to do that a lot. Still, I'm not so sure.

[ QUOTE ]
Drunks don't care about the cold, and certainly don't think far enough ahead to ask for coats off of strangers before they go out for a quick smoke. And if it were really THAT cold, she'd already have a coat.

[/ QUOTE ]

Most of the women that go to the bars around here get dropped off/picked up at the front doorstep of the bar. That way they can get by wearing next to nothing. Looking sexy is their #1 priority.

As for not caring about the cold, well, she was a woman. Nice theory though, I wish had paid more attention to her now. It's makes me feel good atleast.

BTW, welcome back to the poker world Grey.

Matty
02-15-2005, 12:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
BTW, welcome back to the poker world Grey.

[/ QUOTE ]6000 hands on Saturday and Sunday. =]

Checking my PT stats it appears after 3 months without playing I've forgotten how to bet/raise the turn and especially the river. Nice new software out now though.

InchoateHand
02-15-2005, 01:01 AM
In an instant. People really don't want to steal my jackets, and most of the time they are just cold. I wouldn't even "watch" her. That [censored] always works out. I wouldn't even [censored] hesitate. I can tell why I'll never be fabulously rich.

DesertCat
02-15-2005, 01:27 AM
Say of course you can wear it, but only with my penis still inside...

PhatTBoll
02-15-2005, 01:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Say of course you can wear it, but only with my penis still inside...

[/ QUOTE ]

Is it customary in Arizona to tuck your penis inside your fleece when you go to bars?

The Yugoslavian
02-15-2005, 03:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

EliteNinja
02-15-2005, 04:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Roger that.

nongice626
02-15-2005, 05:07 AM
so did you suck his dick or what?

Lawrence Ng
02-15-2005, 07:09 AM
Wacki, I think this chick is hitting on you. Lend her your coat and then get her to give you a nice blow.

Lawrence

YourFoxyGrandma
02-15-2005, 10:14 AM
Smoking is bad for you.

Lazymeatball
02-15-2005, 10:43 AM
You could have just asked for her drivers license or cell phone as collateral.

CCass
02-15-2005, 11:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

My mother would tell me to get my sorry ass out of a bar, and to tell the girl that smoking is bad for her.

Shajen
02-15-2005, 12:12 PM
Yeah dude, let her borrow the jacket.

You already said you don't have a problem with it if she were to take your jacket, and from the sound of it, she wouldn't.

So, what did you do?

Cyrus
02-15-2005, 12:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I will tell you she was decent looking ... She was sloppy drunk ... I had no intention of hitting on her.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sorry but that's a fib. It just is.

/images/graemlins/cool.gif

2planka
02-15-2005, 12:23 PM
Ask, "What's in it for me?"

chaas4747
02-15-2005, 12:27 PM
Can't objectively answer because I would have been hitting on the drunk girl. Give her the damn jacket, maybe she has a guy friend you could hook up with! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

wacki
02-15-2005, 03:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
So, what did you do?

[/ QUOTE ]

I let her borrow it. I was leaning towards no, but then she told me she was "a good Christian girl", that broke me. It ended up working out pretty well. I had a very good reason to let my buddy talk to a chick alone, he was in damage control, and I stood by the door so I could keep an eye on the girl. What I didn't expect to happen was her "quick cigarette" also included a little pow wow with her lady friend, so she was out there longer than expected. Still, no harm was done.

On a side note, the poll results are rather interesting.