PDA

View Full Version : Did I over bet

Mobed
02-14-2005, 06:32 PM
What would have been a better play on the flop. I didn't want anyone on a flush draw.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 max, 5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

BB ($35.73)
UTG ($67.6)
Hero ($58.13)
Button ($33.5)
SB ($3.8)

Preflop: Hero is MP with T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. SB posts a blind of $0.5.
UTG calls $1, Hero calls $1, Button calls $1, SB (poster) completes, BB checks.

Flop: ($5) 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB calls $2.80 (All-In), BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $5.6</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $20</font>, Button folds, UTG folds.

Turn: ($33.40) 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

River: ($33.40) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: $33.40

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
Hero has Th Qd (straight, queen high).
SB has Qs 9s (two pair, jacks and nines).
Outcome: Hero wins $33.40. </font>

tbach24
02-14-2005, 06:36 PM
No, but you did play an awful hand preflop.

Mobed
02-14-2005, 06:39 PM
I was small blind. See the flop at 1/2 price. or still a bad pf play?

Edit: I was SB not mp my mistake

xorbie
02-14-2005, 06:41 PM
10Q isn't horrible 5 way in decent position, especially if you think you can see the flop for cheap.

I'm not sure about this. It certainly looks like UTG is trying to isolate against SB, and is trying not to give odds to a draw. So really, I wouldn't expect him to have the flush draw. I think a reraise of maybe $10 might be more apropriate.

tbach24
02-14-2005, 06:42 PM
Original post says that you were MP. I am not sure whether I would complete with QTo in SB. Definetly BB but maybe not SB in this game.

tbach24
02-14-2005, 06:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
10Q isn't horrible 5 way in decent position, especially if you think you can see the flop for cheap.

I'm not sure about this. It certainly looks like UTG is trying to isolate against SB, and is trying not to give odds to a draw. So really, I wouldn't expect him to have the flush draw. I think a reraise of maybe $10 might be more apropriate.

[/ QUOTE ]

Incorrect, QTo IS horrible 5 way and there is no certainty that you will get a cheap flop. If you are completing with QTo you might as well start playing Q9o and other trash like that.

Mobed
02-14-2005, 06:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Original post says that you were MP. I am not sure whether I would complete with QTo in SB. Definetly BB but maybe not SB in this game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not sure now, it has me as MP then says SB completes (OP). So I could be wrong.

tbach24
02-14-2005, 06:55 PM
True or false: You have QTo.
True or false: You are MP.
If false to either of these, correct it.
QTo and Q9s are awful hands from MP and so I hope you were in SB. I'll complete with both (depending on gameplay).

Edit your post if anything is wrong.

xorbie
02-14-2005, 07:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Incorrect, QTo IS horrible 5 way and there is no certainty that you will get a cheap flop. If you are completing with QTo you might as well start playing Q9o and other trash like that.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, it's really not. 5 way, with no raises you have a very decent chance of being good flopping either top pair. Getting into the flop is a table dependent thing, so obviously I won't comment.

istewart
02-14-2005, 07:53 PM
I don't see anything wrong with completing with QT.

TheWorstPlayer
02-14-2005, 08:17 PM
I'll complete the SB with QTo if there are more than a few limpers. I'll play it for free from the BB. Otherwise, I won't play it. And on the flop, I probably smooth call and then bust him on the turn. He isn't raising to isolate on the flush draw. If he had a draw, he would call to try to keep you in, not raise to try to lock you out. And he will keep trying to 'protect' his hand on the turn, so just call and then bust him on the turn after he bets.

Mobed
02-14-2005, 09:30 PM
The sad part was he was holding JK. I know he would have bet that river!!!!!Dam my over eager hart.

TheWorstPlayer
02-14-2005, 09:38 PM
As it works out, you probably would have doubled up. But the important thing is that you have to read hands, not just the board. Yes, there is a flush draw. But if the all-in guy has it, there is nothing you can do. And if the UTG guy has it, then would he play the way that he did? No. So read his hand...I would have guessed TP or two pair. So if the board pairs, you can get worried that he filled up, and if another diamond hits the turn you can make sure to protect against a high diamond draw, but on a blank turn you should just be worried about milking this guy. If he has enough to raise to isolate, then he will keep betting. Let him come...