PDA

View Full Version : Playing Like An Idiot On the Internet (PLZ READ)

04-17-2002, 10:39 PM
I dont know if its just me but in my opinion around 40 percent of people who play on the internet are either retarded or morons. In my 1 1/2 years of Internet Poker experience I have seen some god aweful things that have just made me plained pissed off.

I don't consider myself a pro by any way or means, but I do know the basic fundamanetals and stradegies of many types of live poker.

What I have seen In the past year or so was just well to put it in one word. "UNREAL".

I Have also played in live poker games and have never seen the horrioble play that I have witnissed in these interent rooms.

I have seen rediculous pre-flop raises (With 2/7 off) Bets and raises when the player is holding nothing which in my opinion is not used by these morons to steal the pot. I mean I played with one player who preflop rose ever hand he got. Now I know most of you would probly say well use their bad play to your advantage and its easier to win. Well these fishes cost myself as well as the whole table money and usually complete their hands on the river.

For this reason I have discontinued playing on the interent and have resorted to playing with people face to face where I can reach over the table and strangle them if they piss me off.

Just like to hear some of your opinions about these moronic players who sheild there real identity and play via the internet who should be banned from poker indefinately.

THANKS AND GOOD LUCK TO ALL OF YOU!

04-17-2002, 10:56 PM
They should probably learn to spell too ;-)

04-17-2002, 10:57 PM
In all of my years, I have never seen such a buchery of the English language. Good luck and good night.

04-17-2002, 10:58 PM
I think your losing it buddy, you should be glad that people are making plays like that and raising with 7/2 offsuit. Yes, the variance increases and it might seem that they are always hitting their river card but you just have to hang in there and play your best game. If after a couple of hundred hours of playing and you still haven't been winning atleast 1BB per hour then guess what, you aren't good enough to be playing at that level even if it is the level where people are raising with trash.

-MJ

04-17-2002, 11:27 PM
If you're playing in my game, I'll give you a "preflop rose" to cheer you up after I suck outon you.

04-17-2002, 11:35 PM
Which site are you playing on? these games sound great /images/wink.gif

thanks

04-17-2002, 11:44 PM
Despite your spelling errors I get your drift and will probably make a few spelling and gramar errors in my reply. Now that we have that out of the way lets talk. I know exactly what you are doing wrong!!! You are playing by the book like a good little boy, BUT you can't handle it when your AA is cracked by 7 2 off suit. What you fail to understand is that AA is just ONE pair. Don't make me list all the hands that beat one pair. I could go on and on but will get right to the point. YOUR PLAY AFTER THE FLOP SUCKS. There I said it......Thats your problem!

04-18-2002, 12:44 AM
If you stopped playing on the internet because the opponents are too bad you might want to reconsider who the fish is

04-18-2002, 12:53 AM

04-18-2002, 12:57 AM
Stopping playing, for whatever reason, is the best move for him to make, in his current mindset.

If in his mind, he thinks he can't win, then he won't win! Poker is like a sport, 90% psychological (well, maybe not 90% /images/wink.gif )

- Tony

04-18-2002, 01:51 AM
Mr. Perry, you have to know the game very well even to beat a table full of morons. You have to also adapt to each game and player that you encounter.

You don't seem to understand the first thing about poker from your post, sorry to say.

04-18-2002, 02:24 AM
I have played online for a bit -- just now getting back into it again -- and it sounds to me like you are playing too lose and not letting hands go soon enough or when they miss the flop (or when a player is betting into a board that, well, could only hit a fish). I know for a fact that I can beat many of the games online in the lower limits, but after winning a good amount for the limit, I tend to get bored and "want to have fun" and thus usually give it all back by playing all those hands that "would be fun to hit the flop with" but that really are quite speculative and BAD--and I also totally disregard my position too so I can play more hands as well.

I know what my "problems" are and what my motivations are, and I know how to "correct" them -- not much that happens online ticks me off much any more -- I know my game and what I am looking for out of it at any give time. I no longer get that excited when I get AA or AK until I see the flop...too many Hold'em player think that they are good 'cause they can play big pairs etc and rake in the pots and then complain when they are caught by one of the fish who was correctly calling a draw (or maybe incorrectly calling) (when caught, I have seen these "good" players bet like they are trying to convince the fish they don't have what they BOTH know he does) REAL players know when to lay down "big" hands, or at least save a bet or two when it is warranted (I still follow AA to the grave most of the time...a leak in my game :o) but it is fun to show everyone that AA went down again :o)

PS: This post is probably pointless, but what the heck, I am bored at work right now :o)

04-18-2002, 07:30 AM

04-18-2002, 09:20 AM

04-18-2002, 09:20 AM

04-18-2002, 11:10 AM
...that so many people took the time to spray insults at you. Kind of like walking into a nest of killer bees.

Tom D

04-18-2002, 11:40 AM
If in his mind, he thinks he can't win, then he won't win! Poker is like a sport, 90% psychological

...and the other 25% is math.

04-18-2002, 12:05 PM
If you want to respond to the original poster, you must click on his post before you respond. To the observer, it looks like your reply is to Glen only. Believe me, it took me awhile to get this too when I first started posting =). I like your posts, and welcome to the forum!

Jeff

04-18-2002, 01:09 PM
hey jeff,

thanks for the tip, I realized what you just said after I looked at the thread

Ashok

04-18-2002, 02:23 PM
"these fishes... usually complete their hands on the river"

If they 'usually' do this, you're implying this is the case more often than not, and if this is the case more often than not, then they're not fish, they're winning poker players.

04-18-2002, 02:25 PM
Tooshay. I mean touche.

04-18-2002, 05:16 PM
One of the reasons some of these players raise with nothing and end up catching perfect-perfect resulting in a bad beat to players is that some of the internet sites have "crooked" software. These are simply the shills of the rogue sites who know ahead of time what the flop, turn, and river card is going to be. There are also some wonderful sites with "straight up" software where big pairs, big suited connectors etc. take down the money in the long run. How do I know that some of the sites are rogues - the same way a person playing in a "friendly game" with confederates and marked cards - You Just Know.

04-18-2002, 07:00 PM
I lik two pley lik en ideot. Eet maks da gam xciteeng an da eets fun. I hav pleyd wit choo an ew jus sit dere watin for de gud handz an den u raze. Et maks da rezt uf us mad dat u onlee pley wen u getz da gud cardz an we tri two brek u. Bee sids mi frends an me we lik two juss pley de gam an hav fun. Wass wron wit choo?

04-18-2002, 07:10 PM
Yeah, we haven't had a Bar-B-Q like this since Neal Ross's classic post about withdrawing all your money from Paradise Poker, because of the impending storming of the Paradise Poker compound by members of the Pan-American Strike Force, waiting off the coast of Costa Rica.

MS Sunshine

04-18-2002, 07:17 PM
"Wass wron wit choo?"

wron? Eets speled ron. Wass ron wit choo?

MS Sunshine

04-19-2002, 03:09 AM

04-19-2002, 10:12 AM
Oh, I get it! You’re making an unfavorable comparison between those who don’t dogmatically accept your opinion as gospel and those who are insane. Very clever.

Tom D

04-19-2002, 10:25 AM

04-19-2002, 10:26 AM
Just when I thought the baboons were going to overrun the board, I hear the voice of experience and reason. Thanks, and make sure you keep your windows rolled up tight.

Tom D

04-19-2002, 10:28 AM

04-19-2002, 01:16 PM
Although this is a very funny joke response, there is an underlying frightening aspect to it: This could actually have been written by some of the people I see at the tables. This is a pretty acurate representation of their "thoughts".

And I have felt exactly like the original poster before. And always, about 15 mins after I stomped off from the PC, I started realizing all the spots I F'd up my play and/or failed to adjust my game properly.

Thanks for the laugh,

Treefrog

04-19-2002, 01:36 PM
the psychology of "gamboolers", check this out:

(hilarious, IMO)

you probably need to cut and paste the URL, btw.

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&th=27844402dc69294f&seekm=963608db.0203260606.869e1e5%40posting.google .com

04-19-2002, 11:47 PM
I read somewhere that you are a cheat.

Tom D