PDA

View Full Version : My driving 'pet peeve'

Zoltri
01-12-2005, 09:41 AM
While driving home from work last night some idiot cut me off and proceeds to honk his horn, flash his high beams and give me the finger.

Now, I dont know about you but this pisses me off more than anything. Twenty years ago I would have chased that SOB down and beat the crap out of him.

Still, nothing irritates me more than some a$$hole blaming you for HIS mistake...that and tailgating. /images/graemlins/mad.gif

List your driving irritations: Apologies if discussed before.

mmbt0ne
01-12-2005, 09:47 AM
If I let you in when there's a bunch of traffic, please raise your hand and acknowledge me. I hate it when bastards just take the opening I give them and act like it was something I had to do.

jakethebake
01-12-2005, 09:50 AM
People that drive 10 miles below the limit in the left lane. People that stop 15 feet behind the line at lights.

BeerMoney
01-12-2005, 09:52 AM
People who you let cross the road, or walk in front of you in the road, and they take their sweet old time. Put a little hop in your step if someone does you a favor.

One thing that helps when someone pisses you off, is that you have to realize MOST people are really STUPID. Just tell yourself this, and it will be better.

juanez
01-12-2005, 09:59 AM
LOL - your post reminded me of Jerry Seinfelds routine about "the finger" and why we take offense to that certain digit being extended.

I live in the Colorado Mountains; both of these pertain to mountain driving.

#1: Getting stuck behind some douche doing 10 miles an hour below the speed limit because he's some flatlander without the skills to actually turn the steering wheel to get around turns drives me nuts.

#2: Bicycles on the road. I know they have the right to use the road as much as anyone else, but when they are 4 abreast, blocking a lane and holding up traffic I mentally see a target on their backs. It's like they get off by holding up traffic "because they can". Don't they realize that a 3,000 pound vehicle will crush their enormous egos in an instant? (I love the stupid sponsor laden spandex clothes they wear too...LMAO)

Vern
01-12-2005, 10:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]
While driving home from work last night some idiot cut me off and proceeds to honk his horn, flash his high beams and give me the finger.

Now, I dont know about you but this pisses me off more than anything. Twenty years ago I would have chased that SOB down and beat the crap out of him.

Still, nothing irritates me more than some a$$hole blaming you for HIS mistake...that and tailgating. /images/graemlins/mad.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

This sounds like a country music song.

jakethebake
01-12-2005, 10:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]
#2: Bicycles on the road. I know they have the right to use the road as much as anyone else, but when they are 4 abreast, blocking a lane and holding up traffic I mentally see a target on their backs.

[/ QUOTE ]
I forgot that one. Me too. Even worse than 4 abreast is one guy that wants to ride down the middle of the road like he needs the whole lane so you can't get around. They make this big deal out of their right to the road. Someone should tell them there are laws against impeding traffic.

Piz0wn0reD!!!!!!
01-12-2005, 10:15 AM
I hate it when people go out of their way to not let you in. "OMFG if i let that guy in ill get to my destination 3 seconds late!!!!!!!1119"

RayGarlington
01-12-2005, 10:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
idiot cut me off and proceeds to honk his horn, flash his high beams and give me the finger.

[/ QUOTE ]

If he is behind you, how did he cut you off? Do you mean he tried to cut you off, and somehow, you prevented him from doing that?

Shajen
01-12-2005, 10:34 AM
What I hate is when those assholes bleed all over my shoes after I pull them out of their cars and beat them stupid for cutting me off.

It's nice when people acknowledge that A) I let you in and didn't have to and B) they don't own the road and neither do you.

My biggest petpeeve is people who think they have a right to merge into traffic. Uh, no. Traffic has the right to LET you merge, but you don't get to. Hence the YIELD signs, [censored].

Zoltri
01-12-2005, 11:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
idiot cut me off and proceeds to honk his horn, flash his high beams and give me the finger.

[/ QUOTE ]

If he is behind you, how did he cut you off? Do you mean he tried to cut you off, and somehow, you prevented him from doing that?

[/ QUOTE ]
He was in the left lane and I was in the right.
We was slightly ahead of me, maybe 3 feet, and he was trying to get into my lane. This guy thought I sped up not to let him in but I didnt. This lunatic slowed down gave me his one finger salute among other things, and then bullied himself into my lane putting me onto the shoulder.

itsmesteve
01-12-2005, 11:10 AM
driving even the speed limit in the left lane should be grounds for execution, or banishment to new england, where this habit seems to be drilled into the heads of every future driver from birth.

elwoodblues
01-12-2005, 11:25 AM
Was he dressed like a punk...cause that would have only made it worse. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Zoltri
01-12-2005, 11:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Was he dressed like a punk...cause that would have only made it worse. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
Your right elwoodblues, it would have made it worse. You know how I feel about punks.

This guy was late 20's...preppy looking driving a Grand Am.
Funny how you pick up things under the gun. I would make a hell of a witness in a murder case.

ddollevoet
01-12-2005, 12:10 PM
I hate when a car pulls out in front of you, only to make a left turn one block later, subsequently stopping you because of oncoming traffic.

ThaSaltCracka
01-12-2005, 12:12 PM
the reverse cutoff bothers me more than anything. You take a right turn onto a 4 lane road, and the care following you turns right into the left lane as opposed to the right(which is illegal). It pisses me off when I also am planning on changing lanes.

oddjob
01-12-2005, 12:15 PM
people who pull out in front of you and go 20 mph slower then you are going.

even worse, when you're in a multilane road, and someone does this to you.

even worse, when you're in a multilane road you watch the guy wait till you get really close even though they had plenty of time to pull out earlier, and they do this to you.

also, people who come to a near stop to make a turn.

people who don't use their turn signals, especially when it effects you. like you're waiting to turn left and the car you're waiting for turns, with no indicators on.

and on a completely different area, just because i heard someone on the today morning show whatever, when newspeople use words like bling bling. it's just embarassing, because they're trying to use it seriously. when my friends and i use it we in no way mean it.

Inthacup
01-12-2005, 12:27 PM
minivans

Patrick del Poker Grande
01-12-2005, 12:29 PM
H2s

jakethebake
01-12-2005, 12:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
H2s

[/ QUOTE ]
Don't move to Miami then. There's probably one on every other block.

Patrick del Poker Grande
01-12-2005, 12:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
H2s

[/ QUOTE ]
Don't move to Miami then. There's probably one on every other block.

[/ QUOTE ]
That was one of the bonuses of moving away from San Diego. They're starting to show up more and more in Denver now though. I may need to move again soon.

ThaSaltCracka
01-12-2005, 12:46 PM
you seem them every now and then here, but mostly you see Lexus SUVS here.

Shajen
01-12-2005, 12:50 PM
I'm getting tired of seeing the 4cylinder go cart Mazdas in the fast lane going 45 mph. I mean, sure, be eco-"friendly"( whatever the [censored] that means) but put that pedal to the floor man, get that POS moving.

Or even better, get the [censored] out of the fast lane.

You know what would be awesome? If Atlanta had decent bus/rail transit service. I have to drive half way to work to catch the train. That half is the "bad" part of my drive. So I just bypass the train and keep on going and get to work 15 minutes later. (My commute is 26 miles one way)

I hear Seattle has decent transit, this true?

01-12-2005, 12:54 PM
Mine is drivers that don't signal, either making a turn or changing lanes. Is it that f'n hard, for example, to let me, the car that's waiting for you so I can make a left turn, know that you (old lady going 20 mph) are going to be making a right turn at my intersection so that I don't have to wait for you? It's just so f'n discourteous.

A close second is drivers that tailgate when the road is snow-covered or icy. Happened to me last night. I swear on the soul of the late Jerry Orbach that I would have slammed on my brakes and claimed I saw a squirrel -- thereby taking one for the team -- had I not had my 2 little kids in the car.

ThaSaltCracka
01-12-2005, 12:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]nope, not at all.

jakethebake
01-12-2005, 12:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Mine is drivers that don't signal, either making a turn or changing lanes. Is it that f'n hard, for example, to let me, the car that's waiting for you so I can make a left turn, know that you (old lady going 20 mph) are going to be making a right turn at my intersection so that I don't have to wait for you? It's just so f'n discourteous

[/ QUOTE ]
And then there's the idiots that just drive around with their blinkers on so you think they're turning and try to pull out and almost hit them.

mmbt0ne
01-12-2005, 01:28 PM
Another two of my biggest:

1) People who don't turn their headlights on in the rain. I don't think it's a law everywhere, but it is in Georgia, and dammit, it's not so you can see, it's so that I can see you [censored].

2) People who pull into the middle of a divided highway and wait there to get into their lane. Whenever I go home, I try to make a left onto the street that leads to my subdivision and some bitch will pull out and sit in my left hand turn lane waiting to merge onto the parkway. If there's traffic coming the other way, I make sure to block them out of MY turn lane so that they have to either put it in reverse or piss off everyone on the street by stopping traffic.

GuyOnTilt
01-12-2005, 01:43 PM

You probably did something stupid and oblivious without realizing it and he's letting you know about it.

GoT

jakethebake
01-12-2005, 02:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
oblivious without realizing it

[/ QUOTE ]
Repetitive and redundant.

GuyOnTilt
01-12-2005, 02:11 PM
Repetitive and redundant.

Got me.

GoT

Boris
01-12-2005, 02:24 PM
Let me guess, you were driving too slow in the fast lane?

GuyOnTilt
01-12-2005, 02:25 PM

That would be my guess too.

GoT

jakethebake
01-12-2005, 02:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I was kind of thinking this too at first but he was in the right lane.

PhatTBoll
01-12-2005, 02:27 PM
1. People who leave their brights on, especially in bad weather.

2. People who don't let you merge on the highway. They need to realize that merging traffic has the right of way when there is no yield sign.

3. People who just cruise along in your blind spot for like 5 minutes.

4. People who can never be the first car stopped at a red light, especially when they are making a left turn. Their light has been red for 5 seconds and these morons are barreling through the intersection when my light has already turned green. I'm seeing a lot more of this lately.

5. People driving SUVs who feel like they have to swerve into another lane in order to make a turn. Hey soccer mom, either learn how to make a tight turn, or buy a car you can actually drive.

jakethebake
01-12-2005, 02:30 PM
People that don't use the entrance ramp to speed up, but instead pull into traffic moving 60mph still doing 30mph.

crunchy1
01-12-2005, 02:31 PM
Personally, I prefer to give someone the 'thumbs-up' when they are driving like an idiot. It's my opinion that guilt is a much stronger emotion than anger. I always give a big 2-thumbs-up to the idiot on the afternoon commute that just cut me off. There are not too many things that give me more pleasure than seeing the downtrodden, guiltridden look on his/her face when they see my big hitchhikers thumb up in the air signaling what a fantastic job they just did in driving like an ass. Maybe if we all start doing this people will start driving better? or not?

jakethebake
01-12-2005, 02:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
2. People who don't let you merge on the highway. They need to realize that merging traffic has the right of way when there is no yield sign.

[/ QUOTE ]
You're clearly insane. I suggest you look this up.

elwoodblues
01-12-2005, 02:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
4. People who can never be the first car stopped at a red light, especially when they are making a left turn. Their light has been red for 5 seconds and these morons are barreling through the intersection when my light has already turned green. I'm seeing a lot more of this lately.

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too. Drives me nuts

GuyOnTilt
01-12-2005, 02:40 PM
Me too. Drives me nuts

Don't move to California. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

GoT

elwoodblues
01-12-2005, 02:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I always give a big 2-thumbs-up to the idiot on the afternoon commute that just cut me off... Maybe if we all start doing this people will start driving better? or not?

[/ QUOTE ]

If everyone starts giving 2 thumbs up while driving, I would suspect more people (now driving with their knees) will be driving worse, not better.

Shajen
01-12-2005, 02:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
You're clearly insane. I suggest you look this up.

[/ QUOTE ]

Merging traffic NEVER has the right of way. EVER. (I'm agreeing with you)

ddss6_99
01-12-2005, 02:42 PM
People who chase me down and beat the crap out of me after I cut them off, honk my horn, flash my high beams, and give them the finger. It gets me every time.

Boris
01-12-2005, 02:43 PM
I used to give people the bird all the time until my younger sister shamed me out of that habit. Now I give them a wave and big stupid grin. I think this method is more effective in getting my point across.

GuyOnTilt
01-12-2005, 02:46 PM
1. People who leave their brights on, especially in bad weather.

When it's totally dark outside, I agree. When it's overcast or dusk'ish evening, people not having their lights on at all bugs me way more than brights.

No. The people who just look at the 200 ft of road in front of them and then once they're FORCED to merge look over their shoulder and expect there to be a spot for them is what pisses me off. They're forced to come to a compmlete stop, or close to it, slowing down the traffic behind them. Learn to freaking think ahead and pace yourself to be able to slide into a spot without having to hit your brakes, idiot.

3. People who just cruise along in your blind spot for like 5 minutes.

Doesn't bother me, though I do make an effort not to stay in someone's blind spot. This is most easily accomplished by going 15 mph faster than them on their left.

This bugged me until I moved to Southern California. Now it's the norm and it doesn't bother me at all anymore.

5. People driving SUVs who feel like they have to swerve into another lane in order to make a turn. Hey soccer mom, either learn how to make a tight turn, or buy a car you can actually drive.

Agreed.

GoT

stabn
01-12-2005, 02:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

nope, not at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

Funniest question ever...Wow, we have the least mass transit in the nation per capita. Probably the least # of lanes per freway per capita a well. It's Awesomely bad.

I hate the one you mentioned salt, but i'll raise you this one:

The ladies who can't handle two left turn lanes at a light. You of course, are in the left turn lane, she is in the right. She somehow manages to change lanes in the intersection and attempts to sideswipe you. You slow down, honk your horn, blink your lights, and she drives on in blissful ignorance...

PhatTBoll
01-12-2005, 03:00 PM
I did look it up, and you're right. However, it's still a dick move to not move over when you're clearly able to do so.
I watched a defensive driving video about 4 years ago to clear up some traffic tickets, and this guy said the exact opposite. It wasn't an offhand remark, either. He even said that people in the left lane were responsible for accidents when they didn't let people in the right lane move over to accomodate merging traffic.

I wonder why the Indiana DMV would distribute a defensive driving video that is blatantly wrong on one of the major points it was trying to make. Fools.

PhatTBoll
01-12-2005, 03:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
No. The people who just look at the 200 ft of road in front of them and then once they're FORCED to merge look over their shoulder and expect there to be a spot for them is what pisses me off. They're forced to come to a compmlete stop, or close to it, slowing down the traffic behind them. Learn to freaking think ahead and pace yourself to be able to slide into a spot without having to hit your brakes, idiot.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with this also. It's common courtesy.

jakethebake
01-12-2005, 03:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I did look it up, and you're right. However, it's still a dick move to not move over when you're clearly able to do so.
I watched a defensive driving video about 4 years ago to clear up some traffic tickets, and this guy said the exact opposite. It wasn't an offhand remark, either. He even said that people in the left lane were responsible for accidents when they didn't let people in the right lane move over to accomodate merging traffic.

I wonder why the Indiana DMV would distribute a defensive driving video that is blatantly wrong on one of the major points it was trying to make. Fools.

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree. Doing what you can to let people in is the courteous thing to do. Most places I've lived, it's pretty tough to get over to let them in. I try to adjust my speed, if I can do so w/o wreaking havoc. I do get irritated be people that try to either pull on doing a speed far below that of traffic, or just try to barrel on regardless of traffic.

Shajen
01-12-2005, 03:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You are correct in people should let you in, if there is space. But if there isn't, the merger needs to back off.

cardcounter0
01-12-2005, 03:13 PM
Then it is the Ultimate: You are in the right hand lane, and you see a car ahead entering the empty hiway and attempting to merge. So you change into the left hand lane to allow the person on. Jerk then pulls out across two lanes right in front of you and proceeds to drive slower than you are going. Should have cut him off and forced him to stop on the entrance ramp in the first place.

Beerfund
01-12-2005, 03:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
He was in the left lane and I was in the right.
We was slightly ahead of me, maybe 3 feet, and he was trying to get into my lane. This guy thought I sped up not to let him in but I didnt. This lunatic slowed down gave me his one finger salute among other things, and then bullied himself into my lane putting me onto the shoulder.

[/ QUOTE ]

Show him your gun, and if you didn't have one with you, well that's your own damn fault.

jakethebake
01-12-2005, 03:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Show him your gun, and if you didn't have one with you, well that's your own damn fault.

[/ QUOTE ]
Show it to him? Why give him a chance to duck?

Bluffoon
01-12-2005, 03:37 PM
Not long ago some guy tried to cut me off in a toll line. So he hits my car, jumps out of his car with a gun in his hand and wants me to get out of my car so he can "kick my ass"

That bugged me a little.

01-12-2005, 03:40 PM
One more: trucks that won't use the right lane under any circumstances. For example -- I-80 is 3 lanes where I live (each direction). Trucks insist on riding in the center lane, going 50 MPH while everyone else is doing at least 65(and then some). Then if you get someone in the left lane going slowly but fast enough to pass the truck, your choice (if you are doing anything resembling a reasonable speed) is to pass the truck on the right, which is a disaster waiting to happen. WHY DON'T FRIGGIN TRUCKS USE THE RIGHT LANE???

elwoodblues
01-12-2005, 03:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
WHY DON'T FRIGGIN TRUCKS USE THE RIGHT LANE???

[/ QUOTE ]

Because they don't want to block merging traffic thereby causing other problems. It's the guy in the left lane going slow that should piss you off, not the truck in the center lane.

Benholio
01-12-2005, 03:49 PM
How about when 2 (or more) cars in adjacent lanes are all going too slow but keeping close enough pace with eachother so that you can't get through?

Or when you finally decide to pass the slowpoke and then he speeds up to pace you once you change lanes?

[ QUOTE ]

You know what would be awesome? If Atlanta had decent bus/rail transit service. I have to drive half way to work to catch the train. That half is the "bad" part of my drive. So I just bypass the train and keep on going and get to work 15 minutes later. (My commute is 26 miles one way)

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, the 'mass' transit in Atlanta is a joke. It doesn't actually get you past any of the bad traffic, and it goes about a slow as bad traffic anyway. Even in moderate traffic I can beat the train to the airport from where I live by 15-25 minutes, and I live right by a train station.

Slacker13
01-12-2005, 03:51 PM
Where do i start? I cannot stand city driving and think all vehicles should come equipped with a grenade launcher on the dash, just kidding of course.
Driving slow in the fast lane is number one for me, I cannot understand theses people, are they scared to be in the middle lanes? Or do lack so much common sense that they drive slow in the FAST LANE? Not sure what it is but it is very irritating. If I am passing you on the right your moving too damn slow and you will get the head shake with shoulders and arms extended upwards.

01-12-2005, 04:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Because they don't want to block merging traffic thereby causing other problems. It's the guy in the left lane going slow that should piss you off, not the truck in the center lane.

[/ QUOTE ]

Explain to me how one truck riding in the right lane blocks merging traffic. Either it slows down to let cars in, or the one or two cars merging slow down and wait for the truck to pass.

stabn
01-12-2005, 05:08 PM
People who won't turn right at a red light when there is no oncomming traffic.

Idiots who stop for school buses on 4 lane or divided roads when the bus is going the other direction.

Fucknuts who attempt to pass me in the right lane when it's ending and get (stabn worked for several hours, find this rant half done, and has decided to just submit it half done)....

Oski
01-12-2005, 05:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Driving Pet Peeves from OOT, June 2004 (http://archiveserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=exchange&Number=772464&For um=,,,f20,,,&Words=driving&Searchpage=3&Limit=25&M ain=772464&Search=true&where=bodysub&Name=&dateran ge=1&newerval=&newertype=w&olderval=6&oldertype=m& bodyprev=#Post772464)

Women driving SUV's, OOT, June 2004 (http://archiveserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=exchange&Number=770209&For um=,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,f20,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,,&Words=driving&Searchpage=4&Limit=25&Main=7702 09&Search=true&where=bodysub&Name=&daterange=1&new erval=&newertype=w&olderval=6&oldertype=m&bodyprev =#Post770209)

Merging: OOT, April 2004 (http://archiveserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=exchange&Number=647836&For um=,,,f20,,,&Words=traffic%20quiz&Searchpage=3&Lim it=25&Main=647836&Search=true&where=bodysub&Name=& daterange=1&newerval=&newertype=w&olderval=6&older type=m&bodyprev=#Post647836)

Benholio
01-12-2005, 05:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
People who won't turn right at a red light when there is no oncomming traffic.

[/ QUOTE ]

How about when there is a straight only lane, and a straight-or-right lane, and you are stuck waiting to turn right behind the only other car around, who is going straight.

Zoltri
01-12-2005, 05:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Driving Pet Peeves from OOT, June 2004 (http://archiveserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=exchange&Number=772464&For um=,,,f20,,,&Words=driving&Searchpage=3&Limit=25&M ain=772464&Search=true&where=bodysub&Name=&dateran ge=1&newerval=&newertype=w&olderval=6&oldertype=m& bodyprev=#Post772464)

Women driving SUV's, OOT, June 2004 (http://archiveserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=exchange&Number=770209&For um=,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,f20,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,,&Words=driving&Searchpage=4&Limit=25&Main=7702 09&Search=true&where=bodysub&Name=&daterange=1&new erval=&newertype=w&olderval=6&oldertype=m&bodyprev =#Post770209)

Merging: OOT, April 2004 (http://archiveserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=exchange&Number=647836&For um=,,,f20,,,&Words=traffic%20quiz&Searchpage=3&Lim it=25&Main=647836&Search=true&where=bodysub&Name=& daterange=1&newerval=&newertype=w&olderval=6&older type=m&bodyprev=#Post647836)

[/ QUOTE ]
You know what?

I believe everything under the sun has already been discussed at OOT by the 'old guard' so why dont we shut off our computers and call it a night. /images/graemlins/mad.gif

Patrick del Poker Grande
01-12-2005, 05:44 PM
I'm gonna be the Old Guard when I grow up.

ThaSaltCracka
01-12-2005, 06:18 PM
you had better get to learnin Zoltri, we don't take kindly to n00bs round here.

Oski
01-12-2005, 06:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I believe everything under the sun has already been discussed at OOT by the 'old guard' so why dont we shut off our computers and call it a night. /images/graemlins/mad.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't have a problem with you rehashing an old topic. I was just posting links to the old discussions in case anyone was interested.

I happened to remember those threads off hand and I recalled they were pretty interesting. You can correct me if I am wrong.

Zoltri
01-12-2005, 06:43 PM
No problem Oski. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

stabn
01-12-2005, 08:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]

How about when there is a straight only lane, and a straight-or-right lane, and you are stuck waiting to turn right behind the only other car around, who is going straight.

[/ QUOTE ]

That really sucks balls. Especially when you turn your turn signal on really really early, so if the person in front of you is decent at all they could move to the left.

guller
01-12-2005, 08:59 PM
Driving 5-10 under down a two lane highway, then when the passing lane arrives hammer down to 10-15 over so you can't pass. At the end of the passing lane jam on breaks and proceed to go 10 under agian. This kills me everytime.

Tron
01-12-2005, 09:29 PM
I don't like it when rookies don't move into the intersection when they're trying to make a left turn and the light is green, thereby causing me to miss that same left turn.

zephed56
01-12-2005, 09:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
How about when 2 (or more) cars in adjacent lanes are all going too slow but keeping close enough pace with eachother so that you can't get through?

[/ QUOTE ]
Ha ha, last year I had a 1962 VW Beetle, a skinny nimble car.

Well I was driving down a 2-lane road with about a 45mph limit, and these two bozos are driving side by side going about 35mph. It was a pretty wide road with wide lanes, so I just drove in between them. It was funny seeing their faces, especially after I told them they were "#1".

plaster8
01-13-2005, 05:52 AM
This isn't on the roads, but I can't stand people who pull up to the grocery store entrance, drop their spouse/kid/friend/whatever off, and then idle there waiting for them to return. What, they're better than everyone else and don't need to find a parking space like the rest of us?

DeezNuts
01-13-2005, 04:33 PM
If you are on the freeway and want to change lanes, I will not slow down for you if you want to come into my lane and you are moving to the left. If you need to merge to the right, I will let you in because you may need to exit. The only reason you are moving to the left is to go faster and if you are slowing me down, you are not worthy of moving in. People that change lanes to go faster should have the skill to be able to move in without slowing others down.

I don't use my signal on the freeway unless I am slowing anyone down or there is a lot of traffic. I always try to find the speed where I can safely merge and the guy behind me doesn't have to slow down. Using your signal when consistently driving 15 miles over the speed limit can signal "weaving" to cops that are behind you.

I have a tons more from local driving, living smack dab in the middle of LA can cause plenty of road rage.(Two cars should go in a yellow left turn, please!)

DN

Nottom
01-13-2005, 05:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]

People who you let cross the road, or walk in front of you in the road, and they take their sweet old time. Put a little hop in your step if someone does you a favor.

[/ QUOTE ]

On a related note, I hate it when people stop to "let" me cross the road when there is basically no traffic except for them.

hutz
01-13-2005, 07:06 PM
I hate city buses. Every single one of them is driven by someone whose livelihood depends on their ability to bully other cars out of the way, block intersections by leaving the ass end of the bus sticking out in front of one or two oncoming lanes because the driver just HAD to make it through the yellow-turning-to-red light during rush hour, and do other nasty stuff to fellow drivers.