PDA

View Full Version : PLO hand

schwah
01-10-2005, 12:43 PM
party $1/2 game. im about $250 deep.

im dealt TJQ6ds on the button. there are 5 limpers to me, i call.

SB raises to $15. 3 limpers call, i call.

SB has about $70 left. limpers have $80, 110, 300+

flop comes 366 rainbow. it checks to me. pot is a little over $70. i bet $40, SB goes allin, $80 stack goes allin, other 2 fold. i call.

thoughts on all streets?

Cleveland Guy
01-10-2005, 01:58 PM
I think your fine on all streets.

I'm not thrilled about calling the raise that big with QJT6 - but the six is suited with a higher card, and you are on the button, plus the raise came from the SB so you are closing action.

I would think about throwing it away to a raise in other positions.

On the flop, you are ahead of anything except 33xx of 6Kxx or 6Axx.

I am pretty sure that the SB doesn't have 33 or a 6, he is looking like an AA or KK type hand, maybe a back door flush.

I am a bit worried about the call from the other guy, as he should put you on a 6 and the SB on a big PP.

That being said, it's about $40 into a pot of $250 so I don't see me laying this down.

gergery
01-10-2005, 02:28 PM
I agree with Cleveland guy.

Preflop the call is a bit marginal but ok. You need something else working for you, like a good read that SB had AA/KK and would overplay it. As I view your hand as a speculative implied odds type hand with position.

On the flop, I like it – you look like you’re trying to buy it. I’d put SB squarely on AA/KK, and other $80 stack on a 6 – maybe 63/AK, but maybe 4567. There is a better than 505/50 chance you’re behind, but you almost certainly have odds to call only $40 into $250 pot with 9 outs twice to improve. You’re only screwed if he has 6AQJ or something odd.

--Greg

rickofcampbell
01-10-2005, 02:44 PM
Of course limping on the button is fine.

Calling the preflop raise is marginal. About 7x your original investment, and your suits go way down in value in 4-5 way pot. I would tend to fold this, but call quickly if the 6 was a 7.

Yes, you are betting this flop, and you calling the raise.

ripdog
01-10-2005, 03:34 PM
I think I check this flop and see what the action is. You could be up against another 6 with better kickers and re-draws or even 33. I will call the all-ins and hope for the best, but I figure that you are playing catch up here. I would rather keep the pot smallish on the flop and see what the turn brings. If the others are intent on getting all-in, then I go ahead and call, but I don't like my chances versus multiple opponents.

45Player
01-12-2005, 06:18 AM
I hope you're joking.

emil3000
01-12-2005, 09:14 AM
This is a very good spot most of the time. This is where you bust people overplaying AAxx and KKxx. Occasionally he's behind, but even then he has outs.

EDIT: Feels like I'm just repeating what the other guy but the caller is quite likely have a 6, which poster might or might not be ahead of. On the other hand, people tend to play very loosely and oddly in big pots. Ni han, i think.

schwah
01-12-2005, 01:15 PM
raiser had KKxx

other guy had AJ45

turn was 2, river was 8, i lost

but i did get in with by far the best of it so im not sure why i was questioning my play. oh well, thanks for replies.