PDA

View Full Version : For PokerSoftware

10-09-2001, 11:57 PM
If you wish to purchase an ad you are welcome to do so. Otherwise your ads/posts will be deleted.

Best wishes,

Mason

10-10-2001, 03:18 AM
Of course I'll buy ads! How much advertising space do I get for, lets say 50% of all the profits I get from AutoReq? No! I'm feeling generous today - lets say 100%! Heck - why not say 1,000,000%!!!

That would be....eh....$0.00....

Seriously: I really got your attention there, didn't I? With the "ads" posts, I mean? Maybe they really were out of line, though. I know you try to keep this place clean, and we certainly do appreciate it! So sorry for fooling you. I really am just this one guy though, who have written this nice little program to help you get hand histories from Paradise. It took me a week or so, 'cause I'm not no super Windows programmer. But I think it turned out pretty neat! So I wanted to share it with my fellow 2+2'ers. That's OK, ain't it? Can I post in a more serious tone? (Or dare you put the "ads" posts back up? Dare I ask?)

Anyway, sorry once again, and please download AutoReq and try it yourself! (But you don't play at Paradise, do you? If you want you could go to http://pokersoftware.onestop.net and check it out anyway. I got that address for free. Neat, eh? The web page ain't that special, though.)

10-10-2001, 06:04 PM
Has anyone looked at this stuff. If you have can you let me know exactly what it is and whether it is legitimate and should be allowed to appear on these forums.

Thanks,

Mason

10-10-2001, 06:08 PM
nt

10-10-2001, 07:53 PM
Mason:

I have no opinion of the package that generated this thread, I am not interested in it. I also agree with your stance towards people taking advantage of this forum for free advertising.

However, I would still like to become aware of new sites and or products that are are poker related.

My suggestion, give all new sites and products one "freebie" in the form of a general announcement, when abused fireup the chainsaw and start deleting.

Sincerly,

Jodder

10-10-2001, 08:23 PM
Regarding security, from their site:

"Second: be aware! Go to http://grc.com/ for more general information about security issues. And don't trust anyone you don't know (like me!)."

Oh, I'm so confused. Is this guy Mike Caro, or what?

10-12-2001, 12:27 AM

10-12-2001, 12:35 AM
Because I'm not convinced that what it is that you want to offer is worthwhile, and until I become convinced that is the case, all your posts will be removed.

10-12-2001, 12:53 AM
It might be useful to some people. It is to me. I would want to know if someone else had written something like this that I could use. Just trying to help my fellow Internet poker player. But if I'm the only one having this, I'm better off than the rest of them... Hmmm. Maybe I should keep my software to myself in the future...

10-12-2001, 02:02 AM
Im kinda confused..........

He's not selling this product.

There have been plenty of posts about Pokerstat/History Hand Grabber for PP here in the past.

Am i missing something?

10-12-2001, 02:33 AM
We try to keep posts for products limited to those that benefit our readership. This is the case even if they are free. I have very little idea what this product is or how it can help players. I also question if these is something unethical about it since it attempts to retrieve a large number of hands. But I really don't know. So I'm asking again if any of our posters have used it and what value it has?

10-12-2001, 05:50 AM
Mason-

I believe all this program does-- is automatically request hand histories from Paradise Poker.

This task could be completed by the individual- but the program which this individual created- automates the process.

I don't see how this program is unethical as it simply facilitates a process offered by Paradise.

Of course-- i could be missing something.

10-12-2001, 06:15 AM
I've downloaded the program and using it now. It merely makes the boring task of requesting 100 hand histories from Paradise more automated.

Without this program, you would manual click on , then click the little counter or type in "100", then click . You would repeat this process about every hour for one table or about every half hour for double table play. But you might forget to check the clock (unless you a set a clock alarm to buzz off) to do this over and over while playing at paradise.

This program will automatically push those buttons for you when it's almost time to get 100 hands. It's not perfect, could be off a little, and you can tweak the values in the SETTING to make more accurate for your computer environment.

I highly recommend the program for all Paradise players that are interested in getting hand histories on a regular basis. It's a much better program than the HistoryGrabber program which is also a free program from the PokerStat site (which is an excellent program that is PokerStat which I also use).

10-12-2001, 07:18 AM
I tried the program and found it useful, thought it froze up after a couple hours of use. I used it again today for about an hour with no problem.

10-12-2001, 08:00 AM
Hi,

Downloaded and tried it, it's nice! Works well. One request I'd like to make is to show what the current count is.

I'm running Norton Internet Security (includes a firewall, Anti-Virus solution, and other things). It doesn't connect to the internet in any way. The program seems safe.

So is the creator going to reveal himself/herself? =)

- Tony

P.S. If the creator could email me at tony@thsoftware.com, I'd like to ask him/her a question. I won't reveal your identity!

10-12-2001, 08:09 AM
IMO it's quite harmless. I checked it out, and it's just a program to request hand histories. Although it's free, I dont even downloaded it, but I do like to see this kind of posts here on the Internet Forum, because there could be programs for free I find more usefull (like hand analysers). I think the post shouldnt be deleted; it has no commercial purpose.

Regards

10-12-2001, 12:18 PM
It froze up, did it? If this happen again, feel free to contact me directly (I got myself a new e-mail, see above!) or post again (if it's OK with Mason) with more details. I'm no professional, but if I can fix any bugs, I'd like to. I have only tested the program on my own computer, running Windows 98.

10-12-2001, 12:21 PM