PDA

View Full Version : The January Magazine is Up

Mason Malmuth
12-25-2004, 09:21 PM
Hi Everyone:

Our January Internet magazine is now available. To see it click on "Magazine" under "Two Plus Two Internet Magazine" at the top of the left hand column.

For those of you interested in submitting an article for a future issue, they can be sent directly to me at MasonMalmuth@TwoPlusTwo.com. A good length for an article would be approximately 1,000 words, but we will accept longer articles. Please include your article in the body of the email and not in a file attachment.

Any subject related to poker/gambling is acceptable. However, please keep in mind that we have high standards and will only accept those articles that are well written in all aspects.

If accepted, we will pay a fee of $200 (per article). All articles will remain up on the site for a period of three months upon which we will take them down and all rights are then returned to the authors. We will use the articles for no other purposes without permission from the author.

Upon acceptance of an article, we will require some additional information including complete address of author and social security number so that we can make payment.

Best wishes,

Mason

partygirluk
12-25-2004, 10:44 PM
Hi Mason,

the magazine is at a much more basic level than I had expected. I would say that every article would be of benefit to a beginner up to advanced minus player. This is excellent for myself. It might be nice to see some more advanced articles in the future. I'd also quite like to see some "play these hands with me" articles similar to those Daniel N. writes in Card Player. Also, some articles on non Hold' Em games.

Having said that, all the articles are well written, and will be useful to 95%+ of players. And the average standard is MUCH higher than certain other online card playing based magazines.

Best of luck with your endeavour.

Abe
12-25-2004, 11:08 PM
A nice late evening Christmas present from Mason. Thanks.

Hope you can somehow keep a "Point-Counterpoint" type discussion with Jim Brier and Ed Miller. An interesting combination.

jar
12-26-2004, 12:42 AM
Would it be possible to put the forum usernames on the articles? I recognized bisonbison's from the original post, but it'd be nice to put all of them together.

IsaacW
12-26-2004, 12:53 AM
2+2 appears to have done it again. Excellent work. I especially liked Dr. Schoonmaker's article; I think of it as the "life strategy" part of the issue.

JohnnyFX
12-26-2004, 03:20 AM
Just finished reading and it wanted to add my "well done." I agree that the general level of quality and valuable information was higher then that at the other internet poker magazine(s).

Mason Malmuth
12-26-2004, 04:41 AM
Hi jar:

I put the name that I was sent. If an author wants to claim an article under his forum identity, he's free to post it here.

Best wishes,
Mason

AngryCola
12-26-2004, 06:01 AM
Hi Mason,

The first issue is decent. My only suggestion relates to the accessibility of the magazine. It should have a bigger/bolder link and be featured more prominently on 2+2 Publishing's main page.

This will make it easier to spot for a "newbie" or the casual internet surfer who may just now be stumbling across 2+2.

1800GAMBLER
12-26-2004, 01:33 PM
I also hoped for more articles not aimed at beginners.

As expected though, everything Ed writes is always great. I hope he writes a lot more.

Cardzy
12-26-2004, 09:35 PM
A very well done first issue! Nothing but compliments from me.

uw_madtown
12-27-2004, 12:34 AM
Mason, I'd like to offer to copy-edit future articles free of charge. I realize that you and David have shrugged off comments on grammar regarding a handful of books published, but many easily corrected spelling/grammatical mistakes in this first issue made me wince.

That criticism aside, kudos on the project. While a few of the articles raised an eyebrow, my comments have been stated by others in the forum already -- and many of the articles were enjoyable, informative, and definitely lived up to the 2+2 standard.

theBruiser500
12-27-2004, 04:42 AM
I haven't read it read any of the articles yet but I'm disappointed. I was looking forward to an article by Ray Zee, what happened to it? Still though, thanks all for articles.

Mason Malmuth
12-27-2004, 05:19 AM
Hi Bruiser:

We hope to have Ray in the next issue.

best wishes,
Mason

DavidC
12-27-2004, 02:04 PM
Quick question re: Social Security Number.

Do you guys pay Canadians / are you willing to publish good articles from them for free if you can't pay them and they want it to be published? /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Take care,
Dave.

Paul2432
12-27-2004, 09:14 PM
Mason,

What percentage of submissions do you see getting published?

Paul

Mason Malmuth
12-27-2004, 09:24 PM
Hi Paul:

Right at the moment it looks like two out of three submissions are good enough.

Best wishes,
Mason

DrPhysic
12-28-2004, 02:11 AM
Mag looks like a success already. One question: Will all back issues remain available online as an archived file, or do we need to save copies of the really spectacular articles?

Doc

Mason Malmuth
12-28-2004, 07:05 AM
Hi Doc:

Each magazine will stay up for three months. Then it will come down and there will be no archive as we return all rights to the articles to the authors.

Best wishes,
Mason

PE101
12-28-2004, 03:17 PM
How about a PDF version so we can just download one file.
Plus, you might be able to sell an add or two (don't get carried away /images/graemlins/wink.gif )

Congratulations and thanks.

DVDerek
12-31-2004, 07:19 PM
Mason, can you put this up in RSS format for consumption in newsreaders? I think the techies among us would find this very useful.

chaos
01-05-2005, 01:46 PM
What is the deadline for submissions?

Mason Malmuth
01-05-2005, 08:03 PM
Hi chaos:

You can submit an article anytime. If accepted, it is then scheduled for the next magazine where there is an available spot. Right now that maeans our March magazine.

Best wishes,
Mason

ZeeBee
01-07-2005, 07:55 AM
Mason,

Sounds very fair to authors to have the three month time limit. What's the ruling if I would like to save a text copy of a couple of the articles for future reference on my computer? Do I need to ask the permission of the authors, or is that generally acceptable if it's for personal use only?

ZB