PDA

View Full Version : Minnesota Carnage: 12/22 at the 'Bury (LONG)

gonores
12-24-2004, 11:33 AM
This was too good of a time to keep the reports in the pre-trip thread. It deserves a thread of its own.

I may miss a lot of stories here…I’m hoping everyone else chips in to recover some of the stories that came out of last night.

I show up to Canterbury around 3 with Schneids, who assisted me in my effort to get wasted by driving me from the hotel a whole quarter-mile away. We arrive to find bicyclekick sucking it up in the 30/60 game and drinking a Corona. This pleased me.

After a couple uneventful orbits at an 8/16, we move over to a new 30/60 game, where I finally get to play with the man, the myth, the legend, THE Mike C….worm33, whatever you want to call him…I just call it a privilege /images/graemlins/tongue.gif. Good omen comes when I 3bet 2 players from the BB with TT, get 4-bet, get raised when I bet a 622 flop, checkraise the turn HU when a K falls, get called by an obviously better hand, and hit my ten on the river. Other than that, the 30/60 passed by without much incident, much to my dismay. I kept wanting to get into a major confrontation with the legendary Mike C, but the best we could do was go 4 bets preflop before I folded my TT for 1 bet on a KQx board. Schneids did a lot of folding, I did a lot of yawning, and I finally decided to start making Corona my new sidekick around 5pm.

I get called to the 3/6 around 6pm. I’m the first 2+2er to get on to a 3/6 table, and I’m wondering how I should act without any of my homies in the game. It’s hard to play the role of maniac when no one else at the table raises. I color down two stacks of $10 chips to four racks of blue to accompany my eight remaining $10 chip stacks. The guy to my left promptly asks me if I thought I had enough for the game. I respond by folding my BB out of turn so I could go pick up two more racks of blue. I then proceed to raise the next 3 hands and win two of them, including a fantastic runner-runner two pair with A5s to crack QJ’s two pair. I spend the next 10 minutes trying to get NLsoldier and his buddy to extract themselves from their 8/16, but they give me some sob story about how they’re “up” and “in a good game” and “way down on the list for the 3/6.” I would have argued longer, but I got my seat change to table 10….the soon-to-be site of the greatest train wreck of a 3/6 game that Canterbury has ever seen.

I draw the 5-seat at table 10 and drag my 6+racks of blue over. I soon set upon trying to bust the short-stack at the table, the 3-seat, so Schneids can get his table change. I raise him preflop every opportunity and raise any time I caught a piece of the board, but somehow he manages to double-up against me twice in like four hands. I claim that the game is rigged and go wander around for a few hands to go look for a tampon for NLSoldier. I come back and the 3-seat is down a stack of blue, which he promptly loses in quick fashion. Schneids grabs the 3-seat and it’s show time. He buys in for something like 5 racks, so I’m still comfortably in the chip lead.

Aside: Sorry for missing the 2+2 meeting at the bar…time management is not a strong point for me, even when I’m sober. That being said, screw all of you who didn’t come over to say hi to me. I wasn’t too hard to find Wednesday night.

Schneids gets into the game right around the dealer change. I announce my intentions of busting everyone at the table and begin to employ the Praying Mantis style of betting. Frank, the dealer, informs me that he will not tolerate my antics, especially my yelling, as he has a headache. I do try to comply with his request, but my desire to be the center of attention outplayed my desire to straighten up and fly right. A few hands into Frank’s down, I drag a pretty-good sized-pot…maybe $100-$120. Frank shoves me the pot and shove maybe $15 back at Frank. Upon acceptance of said tip, Frank informs me I am welcome to scream and yell all I want. Is that how much your self-respect costs, Frank? $15? How much for your dignity? Somewhere in my alcohol-soaked brain, I make the connection that big tips = permissive staff.

Somewhere in there, Brian #2 (sorry, dude…I can’t remember your 2+2 name either) gets his seat at table 10. It took me a while to realize he was a 2+2er because he was only playing 40% of his hands. Despite his pathetic rock-like performance, he spent a good part of the night trying to claim the Brian #1 status from Bicyclekick. Alas, BK solidified his status of Brian #1 when the chip-runner rolled 20 racks of blue over to the table when he sat down. But I’m getting ahead of myself.

Back to Frank. The 4-seat, sandwiched between two stacks of +$600, decided the heat was too much for him and took a seat change. I make a bid of $10 for Frank’s dignity and attempt to bribe him into allowing Brandon (aka Edge34) to skip the list and take his seat. Apparently Frank’s dignity was a little pricier. New guy sits down and comments on Schneider’s stack. He responds by promptly adding a couple more racks to his stack. I find this unacceptable, and the arms race is on. Over the next hour, Schneids got his stack up to around $1400, I got mine up to $1200, and finally the floor steps in to inform us we can’t buy any more racks, as they are running out of blue chips.

After putting the hurt on a few more 3/6 all-stars, we finally get down to 2+2 section of the list. Here’s what the table looked like at its peak:

Seat 1: Brian #2
Seat 2: Bigbeitsim(milo)
Seat 3: Schneids
Seat 4: Edge34
Seat 5: Gonores
Seat 6: Old grumpy dude
Seat 7: Jeremy, the closest thing to a rock at the table for a while
Seat 8: Bicyclekick
Seat 9: Dude playing the ponies

I make a gesture of appreciation for Canterbury’s willingness to entertain me, and I remove my Terrell Owens jersey (which I was wearing as part of a bet I lost to bunky) to show the “Do I look like an ATM” t-shirt I was donning. Inexplicably, Schneids chose not to wear his ATM shirt to the card barn, so I monopolized the looks of jealousy for my superior wardrobe. Milo enjoyed the shirt while he was there, until he left, citing “family responsibilities” and “being up since 3am” and the “9am closing on his new house tomorrow morning” as reasons for leaving. It’s ok….I could only watch him straddle and subsequently fold when it inevitably came back to him capped at 5 bets for so long before I’d get sick anyways.

A few highlights in no particular order

- Schneids and I get it heads-up by the turn after I bet and raise every opportunity from the BB with 57o and I suck out on him by hitting my 4th spade on the river on a AQTxx board. When I bet the river, he asked if I had a spade. I said “yes” and he called. 5-high flush good.
- I 3bet a bunch of players with JJ (hey, what can I say…I’ve always got the goods). Anywho, pony-boy raises me on a Qxx flop, I declare my distaste for his play, and inform him I will suck out on him so bad. I check dark and recommend to pony-boy that he bet. I call after the 9 turns. I check dark again and once again recommend he bets the river. The jack falls, I check-raise, he calls, and he shows his QJ. He appears displeased until I inform the table and everyone within earshot that I just hit a one-outer. He realizes I’m right, and then he really gets ticked.
- Schneids calls my flop bet with two undercards and no draw, sucks out on the turn, and I call him down. Little luckbox turns over his turned pair, and I get up and exlaim “HOW COULD YOU CALL THAT? WHAT A TERRIBLE PLAYER!” Edge looks around at the scene I’ve created and says “Jeez, don’t everyone look at once.” I see 50 people craning their necks to see what is going on, so I leap out of my seat, point at Schneids, and notify him that “YOU’RE DISRESPECTING THE GAME!” This spurred the first of many talks between myself and floorman Al. I employ Big Tip theory and slip him a few blue chips while thanking him for keeping that jerk in the ATM shirt in line.
- I order popcorn shrimp. My crusty old neighbor in the 6 seat, Francis, inquires about the delectable snack-treats seated between us. I tell him to try one. He takes this as license to chow down every time I look away. I finally catch him in the act and say “Francis, the ocean called. They’re running out of shrimp.” Jeremy, in the 7 seat, gets the reference. Francis was too busy enjoying my meal to hear me. Everyone else was paying attention to Bicyclekick, who was making a scene for some reason. What an attention-monger. Comedy gold gets flushed right down the toilet.
- At the peak of crowd size, I’m out of a pot for some reason, so I reach into my coat pocket for a Red Bull, anticipating a long night. As I didn’t want my contraband confiscated, I chug the entire thing at once. Murmurs go through the crowd. “That explains a lot’

I missing a ton of great moments…hopefully other can fill in. But this is long already and I wanted to get around to the best part of the night. Pony-boy finally goes home. His replacement is THE quintessential 3/6 all-star. It’s some young kid (too young to drink) with his posse following him around. Mr. vpip25/pfr5. I’m fairly certain he has a poster of The Crew in his room. The second you start watching him, you just know that he’s played online and he uses the following phrases quite liberally:

LOL
WTF
R U KIDDING ME?
UR A FUKKING MORON

As he is waiting for the blinds to come around, he watches to kid in the 3-seat with a huge pyramid of chips go 4bets preflop with the kid in the 5 seat, only to see the 3-seat’s 6x lose to the 5-seat’s 72o on a 76xxx board. He delivers this news to his posse and makes general commentary to the growing crowd behind us.

Fast forward a few hands…it’s bicyclekick and I going ~1 million bets preflop and then again on a 45T flop. I bet a blank on the turn and a blank on the river. BK mucks 62o face-up on the river and laments his bad luck. I flip over 36o and told him I had him dominated the whole way and he didn’t deserve half the pot anyways. 3/6 all-star tells the posse and everyone else about how bad the play is at this table. Meanwhile, he’s down a few stacks.

Bicyclekick went home around 3, but 3/6 all-star and other young 2+2ers are still there. Somehow, on my BB, we get one limper and Edge completes in the SB. I have a momentary lapse of judgment and check with 97o. I immediately recognize my mistake and begin chewing myself out. I bet an A84 flop and get a caller. I’m still enraged about the preflop check. 7 comes on the turn, I bet and get a fold from the new-guy limper. I am so pissed at myself for missing the extra $6 preflop that when the dealer starts pushing me the pot, I tell him I don’t want it. Keep it, Richard. This pushes 3/6 all-star off the edge. The look on his face will forever be etched in my memory…you could just see him trying to calculate how many ramen noodle meals that $21 could buy. It took him a good half of a hand for the magnitude of the events that just transpired to register with him so he could go tell the posse of our most recent transgression. As the dealer thanked me profusely for the tip, I replied (for the umpteenth time that evening) “I do what I can. I’m a humanitarian.”

4:30am rolls around and we decide it’s time to go home. 3/6 all-star asks me if I’m sure I really want to go home. Moments earlier, stuck about a rack, 3/6 all-star’s posse shows up and asks how he is doing. One of them points at my pile of 1100+ chips and asks if I bought some more. 3/6 all-star proclaims “ He keeps playing every hand, but he’s so lucky. He’s not even down tonight. I can’t catch a hand on this table.” Anywho, in response to 3/6 all-star’s inquiry toward my desire to go home, I reply “Well, I think I’ve proven I’m the best poker player in the room…there’s not much else to do.” The table cracks up, and Schneids and I grab a million racks, rack up, and use the rolling tables to roll our loot to the window.

It was great meeting everyone, and, yes, NLSoldier overcame the tragedy that is PMS to make it over to the 3/6…eventually. I also got to meet a fellow Marquette-er and part-time poster BurnsvilleCardClub and watched him 4-bet a short stack with KQ on a J9x flop with KQ, only to hit his T on the turn on the all-in and taunt the guy mercilessly. That's just how us Jesuit-educated punks do things, I guess /images/graemlins/tongue.gif. Chrisdhal, NoChance, Matt…everyone else who showed up and didn’t get mentioned…it was a blast. I’m looking forward to another one.

Sorry all these stories are centered around me. Details are sketchy at best, and the memories are coming back to me at a trickle. Hopefully, everyone else can chip in with their own recounts.

God bless you if you got this far. I’m not proofreading this. I have presents to wrap. Happy holidays to everyone.

Schneids
12-24-2004, 12:24 PM
Holy eff I'm glad you took care of this instead of me, your memory is incredible.

Other little tidbits:

~ I am the best seat-locker-upper ever. So before all this carnage began, they started a must-move 30/60 game which Dougie and I both played in for maybe a little over an hour. After the names got called, Blake, from the main game comes over and asks me to lock up a seat for Mike C (I imagine Mike was back at his place since he probably saw the deep 30/60 list and anticipated a wait). So I lock up the 7-seat for myself, and 2-seat for Mike. Mike arrives a little after the must-move has started, and proceeds to flop sets, flop quads, never miss with AK, etc etc. Big money. And yeah, I fold a lot.

~ I also played in a 3/6 game without any 2ers for ~45 minutes while Dougie was on another table. My highlight hand was having 4 limpers to me in the SB and I raise with J9o, UTG 3-betting, and us all calling to see a T87 flop. UTG didn't show but I would very much assume it was AA that he lost a lot of money with.

~ I moved to Dougie's table finally with 660, and already up 160 in my 3/6 outing.

~ Dougie's shoutings again make hundreds look over at our table:
On his stradle, we get 4 callers to me in the SB with 66 and I just call. At this point I don't have much Corona in me yet (so yeah 2 hours later in the night this is auto-cap). All of us to a 986 flop. I bet, BB raises, 40 people call including two people at table 3. I call. Turn Q. I check, BB bets, more callers, I check raise, BB 3-bets, one caller, I decide he must have a straight and superior slowplay him by calling. River 8. I check, BB bets, guy calls, I check raise, both call, and BB mutters under his breath about flopping the straight and me being so lucky.

Anyway, the point of the story: Dougie sees me table 66 and immediately shouts "YOU ONLY CALLED WITH THAT PREFLOP?!? YOU'RE SUCH A HORRIBLE POKER PLAYER I CANNOT BELIEVE HOW AWFUL YOU PLAY."

~ At our peak there were ~25 people watching our game. Comparatively, 30/60 had 1 observer.

~ I own Bicyclekick:
I dunno how this happens, but I raise EP with KT, BK 3-bets from LP and I call so we're HU (RARE occurence) for only 3-bets (RARER occurence). Flop J76. I check he bets I call. Turn 4. I check/call again. River 7. I bet intending to 3-bet if given the chance, BK calls, I table my KT and him his Q9 and drag the pot. My value betting prowess is unmatched, especially against call-stations like BK.

~ Edge34 runs bad:
This one is the most notable one in my head though I'm sure there are more... Banditbdl (Brian #2) limps utg, Milo limps, I raise with two cards, Edge34 cold calls, and lots of people get in behind us, maybe for more bets, maybe not, I don't remember.

Flop 975 two diamonds. Bandit bets, I think Milo calls, I call, Edge raises, and somehow the pot ends up capped with Bandit, Edge34, and a third player.

Turn 7d, Bandit bets, Edge raises, guy behind them both calls, Bandit calls.

River 4; Bandit checks, Edge checks, third guy checks. Edge tables 86o for the flopped nut straight, Bandit outdoes him with 44 for the running boat.

This seemed to be the standard line for lots of 2+2ers on the night -- putting in a million bets when trailing, and zero when winning.

~ I definitely showed Milo why I was in fact the best player at the table. Milo observed TPTK laydowns, and even better, in huge pots with huge idiots. It really was a limit hold em clinic -- so even if Dougiefish thinks the honor was his, I was in fact the best player.

~ Bicyclekick plays really, really, really awful: He runner runnered two flushes on me and both times bet out on them on the river. I only called both times, once with AK TPTK and once with 75 two pair. He had cake check-raises as I do not miss a value bet in my life. In fact, I may even 3-bet him as I'd read his river checkraise as a clowny laggro move. River bet outs bigtime -EV -EV.

~ Between what Dougie (esp. Dougie), Edge34 and myself were tipping, there had to have been at least $750 worth of tips to dealers over the course of our play, just from us 3.

~ The 3/6 pro that came at the end of the night who Dougie referenced was absolutely shell-shocked when he heard Dougie and I play 30/60. So much that it took a dealer vouching for us before he believed it.

~ Milo is a trooper. He drove from Rockford (I think?) Illinois up to CBury on little sleep, the night before closing his new house in MN just to come play with us clowns. Pretty impressive. I think he'd have had a better time though if he won a few more hands since he wasn't running all that well either.

~ "I do what I can... I'm a humanitarian." - Dougiefish, ~200 times over the course of the night.

Others can add more and maybe I will too if I remember more. A lot of the night is a really big blur.

Also thanks to Brian #1 and Brian #2 for both buying the table a round of drinks.

Schneids
12-24-2004, 12:53 PM
One other hand I totally forgot about:

Towards the beginning of the 3/6, there was an elderly man seated between us who played pretty tight and usually packed the goods. He's beaten Dougie in a few pots already. Dougie vouches outloud for the table that it is his mission to beat the man in a pot...

We get to this hand: I'm sitting out since I'm about to go sweat BK for a bit at 30/60, but first sweat Dougie on his UTG straddle... 52o. After the usually plethora of callers the old man 3-bets it and Dougie 4-bets it. Flop Q74. Old man and Dougie cap it, with another two players caught in the middle. Turn 2. I go off to the side and try to bite my tongue. Old man bets and Dougie only calls since now he actually has a prayer (I presume that it's a raise if he doesn't pick up any outs on the turn /images/graemlins/smirk.gif). Sadly the story ends since the river bricks and Dougie folds to the old man's bet (but we get to see his AQ since someone else called).

whiskeytown
12-24-2004, 05:34 PM
I spend my whole time at Canterbury at those 3/6 tables and 4/8 tables (keep drinking away my winnings on those damn 5 buck drinks) -

you ain't lived till you've had the posse try to outplay you - hope you busted his allowance for a few weeks.

pax
RB

Evan
12-24-2004, 05:52 PM
Awesome report. Sounds like your 3/6 was almost as cool as the 2/4 in AC last week.

worm33
12-25-2004, 02:27 AM
I sure wish I could have gotten into that game with you guys, By the looks of it and the storys thats about exactly how we got banned from playing blue chip games. But you guys did it right and thats awesome. Good to see all you guys, nice to meet you doug, and dont you guys get any ideas about leaving that party poker game to play live. Its too boring and slow /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

NLSoldier
12-25-2004, 03:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I spend the next 10 minutes trying to get NLsoldier and his buddy to extract themselves from their 8/16, but they give me some sob story about how they’re “up” and “in a good game” and “way down on the list for the 3/6.” I would have argued longer, but I got my seat change to table 10….the soon-to-be site of the greatest train wreck of a 3/6 game that Canterbury has ever seen.

[/ QUOTE ]

If by "up" you mean, "UP 7 FREAKING RACKS!" Then yes, I was "up."

It would be a crime to leave a game in which I get the button 3x per orbit (Rounder041 and Girgy44 were directly to my left and a few maniacs were to my right.) Not to mention that I was running hotter than I ever have in my life.

So ya, admittedly, I stuck around in the 8/16 game, and then changed my nine racks of yellow into a few racks of red and moved to 15/30 where I proceeded to win some more despite taking what was probably the worst beat of my life in the biggest pot I have ever been involved in.

Also, in defense of my PMS, I was on that damn 3/6 list FOREVER. And they kept telling me I had to take the first available table and ask for a table change instead of getting on right on table 10 when a seat opened. So they started a new 3/6 game after the tourney ended and I was actually going to sit in it for a few hours while I waited for a seat on 10 but when I got there after telling the floor to lock it up, some fuckhead had stolen my seat. Apperently I need to start tipping the floor because that was only one of many problems I had with them regarding table changes that night.

So I go back to my 15 game and play a few more hours, periodically wandering over to table 10 to watch the now somewhat settled down antics of DougieBitch, SchneidsFish and Co. Finally I see that there is an open seat, but as I am about to lock it up, a guy named Dennis wanders over to my 15 game. I didn't know what he looked like, but I had heard stories of Mr. Dennis, and immediatly ran over to ask Schneider if this guy was the Dennis I had in mind. He said probably not if he is playing 15/30, but then I got back to my table and saw the way he was tipping the waitress and chip runner and got very excited.

A few minutes later Dennis had already dropped a rack and his name was being called for 30/60, I assumed it was time to kiss my new friend goodbye, but to my amazement he gave em a thumbs down. After Dennis passed, I heard them call "Schneids for 30/60?" And got a good laugh at the fact that he had immediatly run up to put his name on the 30/60 list after hearing that dennis had arrived, despite the fact that he had been giving me [censored] all night (although not as much as Doug had been) for not being in the 3/6 game.

Dennis left after dissapointingly dropping just 2 racks, and I proceeded to finally take my seat at table 10. I immedialy lost a few racks, but reality hit when Edge admitted how many racks he was down in that game and I decided I didn't feel like throwing away all my profit from the other games, plus I handn't had the chance to go out to Schneider's car and consume the booze he was nice enough to bring for us <21 folk, so I tightened up a bit (read: decreased my vpip from 100% to probably 50%) and won my money back.

It was awesome meeting all you guys, I'm definately looking forward to Schneid's home game.

Merry Christmas everyone,

Dave

WDC
12-25-2004, 12:28 PM
Damn.
I was sure that you wpould get one request for an autograph, I was pretyy sure I had a cute asian chick wathcing your shenigans believing you were on the WB.

Prabably didn't help that I do not know any shows on the WB and she probably knows them all. I though she was buying it for a while. Oh well did what I could.

Someone give me heads up on the home game. I might be able to make it.

drexah
12-25-2004, 07:48 PM
hey guys, real fun trip report i would of loved to be there to see it /images/graemlins/tongue.gif in your posts you talk about a few of you being under 21, was the Casino 18+ or do you guys just walk in and sign up and you can play?

Andy B
12-25-2004, 09:11 PM
The gambling age in Minnesota is 18. I'm almost sorry I couldn't be there. Atlantic City was OK, but it doesn't compare to CP.

banditbdl
12-26-2004, 12:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Flop 975 two diamonds. Bandit bets, I think Milo calls, I call, Edge raises, and somehow the pot ends up capped with Bandit, Edge34, and a third player.

River 4; Bandit checks, Edge checks, third guy checks. Edge tables 86o for the flopped nut straight, Bandit outdoes him with 44 for the running boat.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey, Hey, Hey now...

I may have been drunk, but I'm not freaking insane for crissakes. I was in fact holding 44 but the flop was 4, 5, 7, not 5, 7, 9. Edge and I capped it on the flop, a 9 hit on the turn and Edge put in the 4th bet before I thought to myself, good god I think he did flop that straight (he obviously didn't have a pair since he neglected to raise preflop.) Then a 9 hit on the river to fill me up and I went to checkraise. Only one problem, that screwball actually checked behind, I couldn't freaking believe it.

Clarkmeister
12-26-2004, 01:03 AM
Good times. Nice report.

chrisdhal
12-26-2004, 02:03 PM
I was able to watch most of the early goings on while sitting right behind you from the 7s at table 17. Watching you guys roll up with all those racks was great. The looks on people's faces was awesome. I still can't believe that old guy to your left stuck around so long (of course, that was before I knew he was scamming your food /images/graemlins/smile.gif ) He just looked like he was in pain. Looked like good times, thanks for the writeups!

BWebb
12-27-2004, 01:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I finally catch him in the act and say “Francis, the ocean called. They’re running out of shrimp.”

[/ QUOTE ]

I love this. Great post.

SmileyEH
12-27-2004, 03:44 AM
Great trip report!

-SmileyEH

Drizztdj
12-28-2004, 04:32 PM
I wish I could have been out there. Its hard for someone who can't drive to make the trek to Canterbury /images/graemlins/frown.gif

BigBaitsim (milo)
12-28-2004, 09:40 PM
Of course I folded when the betting got capped back to my straddle. The straddle was almost compulsory, as was the 26o I was dealt every time I straddled (or so it seemed).

Although I was running horribly, any hand that hit was sure to be paid off, what with a preflop cap the norm. I ended the night down $186, but it could have been much worse had Dougiefish not been such a humanitarian. I think Edge dropped something like $500, and Schneids true total is uncertain as he kept buying more chips so he could have the biggest stack at the table.

What made it extra wild was that the post-flop play was pretty sane. This made the structure a 15/3/6/6 game. With $75 in the pot preflop, you were getting odds to chase just about anything.

chrisdhal
12-29-2004, 01:56 AM
Bah! You live in my part of the city, I could have given you a ride. No excuses. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

AviD
12-30-2004, 11:19 AM
Great story, well told...you guys are definitely a riot! /images/graemlins/wink.gif

TxSteve
12-31-2004, 01:00 PM
sounds like a blast!

thanks for the report...i enjoyed it thoroughly

The Dude
01-01-2005, 11:11 AM
Gonores, Schneids - good work. We must never stop fighting against gines like NLSoiler and nits like nolanfan34. Keep it up.

Clarkmeister
01-01-2005, 04:36 PM
"nits like nolanfan34."

Say it ain's so! /images/graemlins/frown.gif

GuyOnTilt
01-01-2005, 05:34 PM
Of course I folded when the betting got capped back to my straddle.

Oh no. I think we need a lesson how to properly staddle, which includes the part where you either cap or call the already capped betting without yet looking at your cards.

GoT

edtost
01-02-2005, 02:26 AM
JSD's Guide to Straddling at Low Limits (http://archiveserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=micro&Number=838502&Forum= All_Forums&Words=straddle&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Ma in=838502&Search=true&where=bodysub&Name=8161&date range=1&newerval=2&newertype=y&olderval=&oldertype =&bodyprev=#Post838502)

Edge34
01-02-2005, 05:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey, Hey, Hey now...

I may have been drunk, but I'm not freaking insane for crissakes. I was in fact holding 44 but the flop was 4, 5, 7, not 5, 7, 9. Edge and I capped it on the flop, a 9 hit on the turn and Edge put in the 4th bet before I thought to myself, good god I think he did flop that straight (he obviously didn't have a pair since he neglected to raise preflop.) Then a 9 hit on the river to fill me up and I went to checkraise. Only one problem, that screwball actually checked behind, I couldn't freaking believe it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I play g00t.

I think I ended up dropping like 7 freaking racks that night, you got your share. Suckout masters all. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

TStoneMBD
04-06-2005, 01:57 PM
i burst out in tears quite a few times.

you definitely should have challenged the kid to a heads up 20/40 game after he asked if you really wanted to leave. tell him to get his friends to roll him. that would be the ULTIMATE hustle, and perfect ending to your trip.

MaxPower
04-06-2005, 05:26 PM
I've seen a lot of stuff in cardrooms, but I've never seen anyone refuse a pot. That is brilliant.

Edge34
04-06-2005, 05:46 PM
Doug is nothing but a shameless attention whore.

My freaking idol. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

nolanfan34
04-06-2005, 06:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
nits like nolanfan34. Keep it up.

[/ QUOTE ]

You punk.

I never saw this dig the first time around. So thanks to whoever ghost bumped this thread. You suck Dude.

I'm working on my gamble. I defend my nittiness by only saying that it's tough to gamboool playing 4-8, when 4-8 is the highest game you've ever played live before.

Fun to read through the initial post again though...great report.

shmahappens
05-08-2005, 01:44 AM
You guys take a road trip to Tstone, or Foxwoods, give us East Coasters some fun.

Barring that - bum rush the Bike so that we can see some ACTION on Live at the Bike.