PDA

View Full Version : These situations puzzle me.

wuarhg
12-23-2004, 12:08 PM
Easy call? What about when you call behind UTG and it is 2 bets back to you, not capped. Generally, when do you fold and when do you call?

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls, Hero calls, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, CO folds, Button calls, SB folds, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, UTG calls, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 3-bets</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">BB caps</font>, UTG calls, Hero ... ?

chief444
12-23-2004, 12:18 PM
Yes, easy call. You're getting like 9:1.

wuarhg
12-23-2004, 12:23 PM
So this is the easiest fold evar:

Hero in UTG with 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif9/images/graemlins/club.gif

Hero calls, UTG+1 raises, UTG+2 3-bets, folded back to hero.
Assume both opponents are not LAGs nor TAGs, something in between. Anyway, not getting even near the odds I need here so fold?

chief444
12-23-2004, 12:28 PM
I would say that is much closer than the first. It's close between call and fold but I would lean towards letting it go. The difference is 99 has a much better chance of holding up unimproved. But not necassarily against a raise &amp; 3-bet.

BigDan9
12-23-2004, 12:37 PM
I think the short answer is not to get into that situation in the first place with a small pair. The 9:1 odds are OK given your roughly 8:1 chance of hitting a set, but then there's a good chance in this case that a set of 4s won't be good enough.

A pair of at least 9s would usually be my own threshold for getting involved UTG + 1. No hard and fast logic to that, except that there's a better chance of you having an overpair and/or being ahead.