PDA

View Full Version : Are you NUTS!

MoDOH
12-23-2004, 08:17 AM
Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Flopped the nuts (Not in hand 2 but with the preflop action I felt sure I had the nuts) two times in the span of two minutes on two different tables.

In hand 1, is raising the Turn the preferred move here?
In Hand 2, Anyone just smoothcall this flop?

Hand 1

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. UTG+1 posts a blind of $3.
Hero calls, UTG+1 (poster) checks, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (6 SB) 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB folds, Hero calls, UTG+1 folds, MP2 folds, Button folds.

Turn: (4 BB) 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls...

Hand 2

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 calls, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO folds, Hero calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (6 SB) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 3-bets</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>...

SCfuji
12-23-2004, 08:21 AM
1) i raise the turn
2) click 'raise' as many times as you can.

Chris Daddy Cool
12-23-2004, 08:34 AM
hand 1 raise the turn

hand 2, just remember that your hand is vurnurable to counterfeiting.

EDIT: evan tha great corrected my typo because he's awesome.

Evan
12-23-2004, 08:34 AM
1. He is very unlikely to pay you any more w/o a diamond anyway so there is no reason not to raise the turn.

2. Just hope the board doesn't pair.

Evan
12-23-2004, 08:36 AM
I think calling the flop is fine is the first hand with 3 people still to act. I would be more inclined to raise with a king high flush but I think calling is fine with the ace.

chief444
12-23-2004, 08:39 AM
Raising the turn in hand one would be a mistake. Let him keep betting at you and then raise the river.

Evan
12-23-2004, 08:40 AM
He's not betting the river without a diamond and people don't like folding. Do you see where I'm going?

MoDOH
12-23-2004, 08:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]
He is very unlikely to pay you any more w/o a diamond anyway so there is no reason not to raise the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

My thinking was that if he didnīt have a diamond he would fold to my CR but very probably at least check-call the River.
And if he had a medium-high diamond he might very well lead out on the river again...

[ QUOTE ]
Just hope the board doesn't pair.

[/ QUOTE ]

You betcha...

chief444
12-23-2004, 08:44 AM
You really don't believe a T /images/graemlins/diamond.gif or J /images/graemlins/diamond.gif bets this river after you just call the turn? Certainly a K will. I will admit though that most would probably call a turn raise also so you do have a point.

Evan
12-23-2004, 08:44 AM
You can't c/r in position. Also, I don't think he's calling without a flush often enough to miss out on a big bet with a turn raise.

MoDOH
12-23-2004, 08:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]
He's not betting the river without a diamond and people don't like folding. Do you see where I'm going?

[/ QUOTE ]

what about all the times he doesnīt have a /images/graemlins/diamond.gif in his hand? Granted PP fish donīt like to fold but this board is one where they will lay down their hands when shown aggression...

Evan
12-23-2004, 08:49 AM
If he folds to your turn raise you very likely didn't lose any bets. I don't think a non dimanond (excpet maybe a set) is calling a river bet.

MoDOH
12-23-2004, 08:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You can't c/r in position.

[/ QUOTE ]

You canīt? /images/graemlins/wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Also, I don't think he's calling without a flush often enough to miss out on a big bet with a turn raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

I havenīt shown any strength so far in this hand. So I think there is a high chance they will call if they have any piece of this board...

Evan
12-23-2004, 08:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I havenīt shown any strength so far in this hand. So I think there is a high chance they will call if they have any piece of this board...

[/ QUOTE ]
Okay. We have different opinions here. I'll stand by what I said. If you think he's more likely to put money in on the river w/o the flush and not the turn then I can't really argue any further.

MoDOH
12-23-2004, 08:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't think a non dimanond (excpet maybe a set) is calling a river bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Youīre kidding right? Perhaps YOU wouldnīt call a river bet without at least a set, but the party fish sure will.
First you say that PP fish donīt like to fold hands and then you say that they wouldnīt call a single river bet from someone who hasnīt done anything but call all way?
doesnīt make sense to me...

Evan
12-23-2004, 08:56 AM
Meh, okay. That was stupid.

Raise the turn though. I'm sticking with that.