PDA

View Full Version : Novelty value hand... got over excited!

stigmata
12-21-2004, 06:55 AM
This was just a damn wierd hand, which in retrospect, I totally F'ud up.

Villain is looseish and aggressive. I put him on a high pocket pair, but when he keeps coming back at me on the river.....

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 3/images/graemlins/club.gif, 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG folds, MP folds, Hero calls, Button calls, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero calls, Button calls, SB calls.

Flop: (8 SB) A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button folds, SB folds, BB calls.

Turn: (5 BB) A/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: (9 BB) 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, BB calls.

Final Pot: 17 BB

Can you guess what villain has? I was being really stupid, especially on the river.

I guess people lost their farm (and/or life) on hands like this in the old Wild West....

Cerril
12-21-2004, 07:02 AM
This falls under the 'if you do it every time it comes up you won't lose much money' sort of thing. If your opponent isn't a complete idiot then you can save a bet on the river.

Seriously though with the ace on the turn I'd be sorely tempted to either three bet and fold to a fourth or just fold to his checkraise. Any PP except 22 beats you and that's pretty much what the c/r says.

stigmata
12-21-2004, 07:12 AM
I agree.... I maybe should of folded to the turn check-raise.

However it wouldn't of been the first time villain had bluff check-raised a scary board. I think I could make a case for just calling down from the turn.

When the three hit, I just got too excited.