PDA

View Full Version : The Gaming Club: The Emperor Has No Bonus?

chesspain
12-16-2004, 02:21 AM
After receiving the news that The Gaming Club had finally changed their definition of "raked hands" to actually fall in line with every other poker site, I decided to return to this site and "register" for the $300 bonus. However, every time I entered my name, login code, and e-mail address on the registration page, all I would see after hitting "submit" was a refreshed page with the above three boxes blank, and no confirmation that I was successfully registered. Nonetheless, I sat down to play at a 6-max 1/2 table, and periodically checked my accrued bonus points. Of course, every time I put the information in and hit "submit," I would just receive a refreshed page and no change from the default from "0" points.

I guess that trying to earn a bonus through The Gaming Club is not much different than attempting to get your mail-in rebate from one of those clearinghouses that always happens to lose your paperwork.

P.S. As if all of the above wasn't enough, I am re-experiencing the super slowness of the hand history download, and am also seeing how confusing the process is going to be to transmit these hands to Pokertraker.

I think I'll just stick to Empire.

Bytestream
12-16-2004, 02:31 AM
It takes up to 24 hours to update. If you spent the half the effort shooting off an email or phone call to their support then you did on posting this derogatory comment you would have discoverd that on your own.

Why badmouth such a new a great offer without doing at least some legwork on your own?

chesspain
12-16-2004, 02:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]
It takes up to 24 hours to update. If you spent the half the effort shooting off an email or phone call to their support then you did on posting this derogatory comment you would have discoverd that on your own.

Why badmouth such a new a great offer without doing at least some legwork on your own?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because their crappy interface (e.g. failure to give any comfirmation) and clunky notepad hand histories just makes it seem like it's the same old garbage in a new package. A site that is attempting to entice players to come back should not make one have to resort to e-mails or phone calls right off the bat to ascertain information that other sites have always been able to provide effortlessly. And they wonder why they're way behind sites like Party.

lorinda
12-16-2004, 06:48 AM
And they wonder why they're way behind sites like Party.

There is only one site like Party.

They are not way behind anyone else.

Lori

ripped
12-16-2004, 07:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Because their crappy interface (e.g. failure to give any comfirmation) and clunky notepad hand histories just makes it seem like it's the same old garbage in a new package. A site that is attempting to entice players to come back should not make one have to resort to e-mails or phone calls right off the bat to ascertain information that other sites have always been able to provide effortlessly. And they wonder why they're way behind sites like Party.

[/ QUOTE ]

Jesus, they bring out the best bonus known to mankind and you are bitching about some simple little things? Their updates are alittle slow, big deal... They have changed things for US and are willing to listen to US to help get us as customers.. When is the last time party listened to you or even understood what you were talking about?..Or better yet when is the last time you spoke to someone that spoke English from party..I am sick of the 3rd world non English speaking morons at party that dont know jack.

I'm done..ty

Lawrence Ng
12-16-2004, 08:26 AM
If you bother to read any of the other posts about TGC that have made on here you would know that their bonus page updates every so often and not every split second like Party's does.

Yes, the HH download is slow which is why I do not suggest doing it till you actually finish your daily session.

As for the interface, you just have to get use to it. It's not as good as Party's, but far from the cry as you perceive to be. Have you ever seen Pokerroom or Truepoker's? Now their interface is a nightmare for multi-tabler's.

Anyways, if you are that keen on knowing what your bonus' are, email customer support and they'll tell you.

Don't expect everything to be run like Party because there is only 1 Party.

Lawrence

chesspain
12-16-2004, 08:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
If you bother to read any of the other posts about TGC that have made on here you would know that their bonus page updates every so often and not every split second like Party's does.

[/ QUOTE ]

Or like Paradise either. FWIW, I didn't think I would need a user's manual nor need to make a phone call to actually be able to tell if the bonus was working.

[ QUOTE ]
Yes, the HH download is slow which is why I do not suggest doing it till you actually finish your daily session.

[/ QUOTE ]

Apparently

[ QUOTE ]
Anyways, if you are that keen on knowing what your bonus' are, email customer support and they'll tell you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I guess I forget that last time The Gaming Club run a big bonus promotion it was necessary to have to contact customer support in order to check one's totals. Yuck.