PDA

View Full Version : Should I still play at TGC (The Gaming Club)?

ezinestein
12-15-2004, 10:55 PM
Hey,

I signed up last night and deposited $200. When finished; a ‘success’ message popped up and gave me my ‘Prima Activation Code’. The message also stated that I would receive a verification email.

The email never arrived. After about an hour, I wrote to support telling them that I received an Activation Code via popup but NO verification email. I then asked if it was okay to start playing.

I received an email this morning telling me ‘we have taken the liberty of validating your The Gaming Club Poker account for use, so you no longer have to wait for the validation link to be e-mailed to you.’

That’s cool... but there was no mention as to whether I would still be receiving that email or not. Again... no big deal.

I opened the client software and started checking around to see if a ‘pending’ bonus had been applied to my account. In the ‘Promotions & Events’ section, I clicked on the link saying ‘click here to check your current Bonus Redemption Points. I was then asked to enter my UserID.

When I do, I get this:

Total Points Earned: no data available
Bonus Points Paid Out: no data available
Points Until Next Bonus: no data available
Bonus Cash Remaining: no data available

Then another message pops up saying – ‘Unfortunately you do not qualify for this bonus’.

I don't understand this at all?

I've never played at any prima site... and I simply signed up yesterday for the first time ever and deposited $200.

I wrote support earlier this morning and haven’t received a response so I thought I’d write here to see whether or not you guys think I should just start playing... or not.

SIDE NOTE: On top of this... I’ve read here on the board that they are still counting raked hands the old way. And a few other people have posted about how much hassle it is to cash out at TGC.

Any comments are welcome. And my main question is... should I start playing tonight? I’m bored out of my mind and my money is tied up at TGC. Would you begin playing? Or would you begin Cashing Out?

Kindly,
EZ

richie
12-15-2004, 11:03 PM
I would wait until tomorrow to see what is happening. I am also trying to figure out if I am signed up for the promo, but I have other bonuses to work on, so not a big deal to me. Worst case scenario, you withdraw your money and none the poorer. That being said, I'm positive that TGC will fix these issues and all will be well. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

kirisim
12-15-2004, 11:13 PM
I am having the exact same problem as the original poster. After signing up, I did not received the registration email, and I have no idea if I am getting the bonus.

I already deposited $500 and played some, but I will wait and see what happens, before I play any more.

mmbt0ne
12-15-2004, 11:17 PM
It takes until the next business day for all of that stuff to be updated don't worry. You're going to get your bonus for playing your hands, and any hands you play now will count towards working off that bonus. TGC is good people, they're not trying to steal your money.

Pokermonger
12-16-2004, 12:08 AM
Send a PM to the gaming club guy here. When they ran a 5 diamonds promo a few months ago I had the same type of problems and he made sure it was taken care of. I played while they were fixing things and I got credit for all hands played. I have never had a problem cashing out there. It isn't as fast as Party/skins but it usually is a day or two at the most. In addition, I always get good customer service when I call, but the gaming club guy who posts here is still your best bet.

pdxpuck
12-16-2004, 12:49 AM
I signed up at TGC in November and worked off $180 of the available $200 bonus (- under the old BRP system). I then cashed out without any problems last week - no request for copies of bills, drivers license, etc. Just a 5 day wait until it showed up in Neteller. I am just a player and not affiliated in any way with the site and I would not hesitate to recommend them. With that said, I wouldn't blame you for bailing out if you are having troubles. I would second the notion of trying to contact the TGC rep on this board to get some resolution.

...that's my 2 pfennig...

I just got an email from them announcing their new BRP system and an offer of another $300 in bonus available. Assuming the terms/conditions work for me I will be redepositing there again to play tonight.

Good luck with it.