PDA

View Full Version : Telephone headsets

Patrick del Poker Grande
12-15-2004, 03:18 PM
I work from a home office, so choice of office equipment is completely up to me. The speakerphone on my phone completely blows, plus I don't like speakerphones anyway, so I went out and got a headset for long calls and so I can still use my computer without permanently fubar-ing my neck holding the phone to my shoulder. Anyway, I thought this was all good and dandy because nobody ever complained about the sound quality, but apparently it blows, as my boss finally just told me.

Can anybody recommend a good phone headset for me? The one I have now is a cheap-ish Plantronics and I can't ever find anything other than the crappy ones that hook up to your cell phone clipped to your belt or something. I'd like a legitimate office-worker type headset. I heard Plantronics was a good brand, but I guess I just went too cheap. I don't want a huge expensive one, because I'm not completely sure the company wants to pay for it, so keep it on the affordable end.

jakethebake
12-15-2004, 03:22 PM
If you search for "telephone headsets" on Amazon, a bunch come up. Believe it or not, people actually take the time to rate telephone headsets there so those might help.

elwoodblues
12-15-2004, 03:30 PM
Are you plugging it in to the standard jack on the phone or are you using one of those big 2 prong plugs (found on business phones)? The sound difference is substantially different.

Also, the cordless headsets I've used are awful and you lose a lot of clarity. The middle/higher end Planronics are pretty good in my experience.

jagoff
12-15-2004, 03:32 PM
Plantronics makes the best headsets. This is part of what I do for a living and I have seen some really crappy ones out there. They are the most comfortable and durable outta the bunch.

Patrick del Poker Grande
12-15-2004, 03:38 PM
It's plugged into a standard, one prong, headphone-looking (but smaller diameter) plug.