PDA

View Full Version : Another river decision

cockandbull
12-13-2004, 02:35 PM
Tables quite juciy, Villian is quite the lag 80/13.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, CO folds, Button folds, SB folds, Hero checks.

<font color="blue"> The flop bet was more of a semi bluff than anything. </font>

Flop: (2.50 SB) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP3 calls.

<font color="blue"> So the turn brings two pair and i bet </font>

Turn: (2.25 BB) A/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

<font color="blue"> Now what... I'd been talking to shillx about value betting more and as he was sitting next to me i thought i would be rude not too. In all seriousness, what do you do with this river? </font>

River: (4.25 BB) K/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: 6.25 BB

Entity
12-13-2004, 02:37 PM
This is ultra fine. Ni han.

Remember that when defining players, the most important thing to note is how they play postflop. Is he loose-ag preflop and passive postflop? Then I bet the river and fold to a raise. Is he aggressive everywhere? Then I play the hand just like you did.

If the pot were multiway I wouldn't like your flop bet, but HU it's good. And HU, these are all value bets, not semi-bluffs. A pair is a good to very good hand HU.

Rob

meep_42
12-13-2004, 02:38 PM
Muy bueno.

-d

Smasharoo
12-13-2004, 02:40 PM
Now what... I'd been talking to shillx about value betting more and as he was sitting next to me i thought i would be rude not too. In all seriousness, what do you do with this river?

Check, he clearly has a Jack!

Just kidding. You definately have to bet this value. Might have given a CR a shot on the turn if he's agressive post flop.

cockandbull
12-13-2004, 02:42 PM
are we folding to a raise?

Also i kinda like this hand because villian had QQ, and didnt want to value bet me. He plays bad too /images/graemlins/grin.gif

harry

Entity
12-13-2004, 02:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Also i kinda like this hand because villian had QQ,

[/ QUOTE ]
Then he isn't a LAG. Correct your reads. They are very important.

Smasharoo
12-13-2004, 02:47 PM
are we folding to a raise?

Also i kinda like this hand because villian had QQ, and didnt want to value bet me. He plays bad too

harry

I make a crying call on a river raise. It's as likely to be TK, KQ, etc as it is to be Jx or some nutty big PP that flopped a set and never raised.

Smasharoo
12-13-2004, 02:49 PM

Looks like he was a LAG slowplaying QQ against just the BB. Hard to read that without being psychic.

pokerstudAA
12-13-2004, 02:50 PM
It looks like the villian seriously misplayed his hand in this situation and saved you alot of money. The aggressive read that you had was clearly off.

Rest assured you can read a player seeing 80% of the flops as having little or no sense of the game - not a LAG (possibly just a moron).

Smasharoo
12-13-2004, 02:51 PM
You know, I probably raise this PF against a SB complete from a normally LAG player. I imagine that gets me 3-bet here, but all the same, I probably raise.

Entity
12-13-2004, 02:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Rob
Looks like he was a LAG slowplaying QQ against just the BB. Hard to read that without being psychic.

[/ QUOTE ]
LAGs rarely play that passively postflop, though stranger things can happen. My guess is the guy is actually loose-ag preflop and passive postflop, or Hero's read was based on too small of a sample size and he's really just loose-passive.

And yeah, I probably raise preflop as well.

Rob

Smasharoo
12-13-2004, 03:00 PM
LAGs rarely play that passively postflop, though stranger things can happen. My guess is the guy is actually loose-ag preflop and passive postflop, or Hero's read was based on too small of a sample size and he's really just loose-passive.

Seems more likely he was just getting cute with a big PP and then a flopped set. Although not raising the turn was horrible and just bad all around so you may be right.

cockandbull
12-13-2004, 03:08 PM
It seems strange to me, but i've been coming across alot of player like this. They play lots of hands and raise a hell of alot, then when they have something they try to trap.

cockandbull
12-13-2004, 03:12 PM
just to add, i check my PT database and villian slows down post flop. He has an agg rating of 0.43.

Smasharoo
12-13-2004, 03:16 PM
It seems strange to me, but i've been coming across alot of player like this. They play lots of hands and raise a hell of alot, then when they have something they try to trap.

I think it's farily likely that you just remember it more often when you get trapped. It'd be kind of stupid of them to set people for paying off big hands with agressive play of everything else and then not profit from the big hands.

On the other hand, you might be playing with a lot of stupid people.

cockandbull
12-13-2004, 03:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
On the other hand, you might be playing with a lot of stupid people

[/ QUOTE ]

You guys can teach me river play and i'll give you my buddie list, deal? /images/graemlins/grin.gif