PDA

View Full Version : Weak Tight

beta1607
12-11-2004, 04:16 PM
Played this hand on Pokerroom 200 NL

Three limpers to me and I get K /images/graemlins/spade.gifK /images/graemlins/diamond.gif in the CO and make my standard opening raise to 7 all limpers call. I have about $250 and everyone else is between 150-200

Flop comes: A /images/graemlins/heart.gif 2 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

It is checked around to me and I check behind thinking this is just about the worst possible flop for me with an over card and three to the flush on the board.

Turn 4 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif Checks around again

River T /images/graemlins/spade.gif checks around again.

My thinking for checking all the way through was that I would only get called by a hand that beat me and I would get sick to my stomach if I bet the flop or turn and somebody check raised me but I am still not really happy with how I played it. I feel like maybe I should have bet the flop and slowed down if I got called to charge people who only had one /images/graemlins/heart.gif in their hand to see the next card.

I will post results when I get a few responses.

damn_river
12-11-2004, 05:58 PM
consider yourself lucky and bet the river

damnRiver

Sven
12-11-2004, 06:25 PM
I would put in a decent size bet not sure what was in the pot. I would have to guess your standard bet would be 4-6 times the BB. I would put in a pot size bet or as I would call it an information bet! This will let you know right were you stand in the hand because checking doesn't give you any information and the pot size bet should weed out all the weak draws!

Just my 2 zinc cents worth /images/graemlins/grin.gif