PDA

View Full Version : Overcard to my pocket pair, now what?

Spicymoose
12-08-2004, 07:46 PM
Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button folds, SB folds, BB calls, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls.

Flop: (4.25 SB) A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB folds, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 calls.

If there were not a bet in front of me, I always bet here. But, considering there was a bet infront of me, I am unsure of how to play. If I just call I feel that I will of gained no information, and will have no idea how to play on later streets. Folding seems a bit too weak here, as he does not necessarily have the ace (although looking back at it, I guess the pot is a bit small).

This is a pretty typical situation, what are you looking for to make your decision of what to do? Does the fact that there is an ace out there make raising a worse situation than say if a king or a queen (lets say I have a smaller, but still big pocket pair) hits, simply because people play more aces?

Turn: (3.12 BB) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG+2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 raises</font>, Hero folds.

Turn seems pretty standard to me, let me know if you think I am off here.

Final Pot: 4.62 BB

Thanks,
Spicymoose

Spicymoose
12-08-2004, 08:47 PM
Is this decision too easy? Too hard? Too boring?

Please let me know.

P.S. The bets got screwed up for some reason in the converter

MoreWineII
12-08-2004, 09:23 PM
I'd play it the same.

Grease
12-08-2004, 09:52 PM
You're really in a tough spot on the turn. There are two flush draws out, and any king could possibly give your opponent a better hand (if he doesn't already have an ace). However, you can't give a free card as his hand is much more likely to improve than yours. I play it the same.

Gravy (Gravy Smoothie)
12-08-2004, 10:21 PM
Good turn bet and good turn laydown. If he doesn't c/r the turn I would check through pretty much any non-Q river without a specific read on UTG+2.