PDA

View Full Version : OUTLAW PICKLES

emonrad87
12-03-2004, 12:45 AM
I think that pickles should be outlawed on sandwiches from fast food restaurants. I recently cleaned out my car and found three old pickle slices that had fallen under the driver's seat and become encrusted there after i removed them in disgust from my drive thru burgers. No one i know actually eats the pickles. They need to be removed.

Duke
12-03-2004, 12:50 AM
You must not know anyone with good taste.

~D

daryn
12-03-2004, 01:06 AM
when we were kids there was always that whiny brat that had to open his hamburger up and start peeling stuff off.

some people never grow up /images/graemlins/frown.gif

theredwave
12-03-2004, 03:02 AM
"I want a hamburger... no, a cheeseburger. I want a hot dog. I want a milkshake... "
"You'll get nothing and like it!"

Blarg
12-03-2004, 04:26 AM
The pickles on a burger get dull and soggy. I don't like 'em either. The cheap fast food ones usually taste like they were probably curing in a dog's ass or something. There's not much point to having them like that when they're so much better all nice and crunchy on the side. That's kind of like just jamming your fries inside your burger. I guess there's something to be said for conserving space of something, but it doesn't make either the burger or the pickles any better. Throwing them on the floor of your car is a pretty funny solution though.

daryn
12-03-2004, 04:41 AM
whoa, i'd just like to point out that putting your fries in your burger is awesome.

Sponger15SB
12-03-2004, 04:44 AM
Pickles in burgers = bad

Pickle spear with sandwich = holy [censored] my mouth is watering right now just thinking about it

PoBoy321
12-03-2004, 05:17 AM
How could you possibly want to get rid of the pickles from your burger? IMO the pickles are the best part of a McDonald's cheeseburger. I mean, the buns are tasteless, the burgers are tasteless, but mmmmm, pickles.

And by the way, what the hell are you doing throwing old pickles on the floor of your car?

fatmongo
12-03-2004, 05:39 AM
I can have a fast food burger down in 3 bites. Maybe 5 bites on a bad day. I bet it would take me longer to open the burger and remove the pickels than it would for me to just eat the thing. Besides, how lame is just a bun, patty, slice of cheese, and ketchup. Wicked lame!
If you do waste the time to open the burger and take off the pickles, I agree with daryn, toss some fries in to fill the void.

GuyOnTilt
12-03-2004, 05:53 AM
Sliced pickle on sandwiches suck. Sliced avocado kicks ass. That is all.

GoT

Dynasty
12-03-2004, 07:41 AM
I can't believe so many people are voting to ban pickles.

I always have a jar of sliced bread & butter pickles in the fridge for when I make hamburgers. I also keep a jar of sweet pickles for when I want one (or more) on the side of a sandwich.

Pickles are always good.

jakethebake
12-03-2004, 09:35 AM
I love pickles, but the ones on fast food are always just gross for somereason.

beerbandit
12-03-2004, 10:18 AM
mmm bread n butter pickles are goood

im talking about fast food places, most of the time their pickles are [censored]. if i make a burger or sandwich at home i prefer pickles on it, but they are good pickles and the flavor that sounds good.

wendy's pickles suck-

cheers

jakethebake
12-03-2004, 10:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I can't believe so many people are voting to ban pickles.

I always have a jar of sliced bread & butter pickles in the fridge for when I make hamburgers. I also keep a jar of sweet pickles for when I want one (or more) on the side of a sandwich.

Pickles are always good.

[/ QUOTE ]
He didn't say ban pickles. He said ban them from fast food restaurants. Those things they put on burgers at Burger King barely count as pickles.

Lazymeatball
12-03-2004, 10:55 AM
the smell of pickles makes me want to vomit. and yes, I was that kid gowing up, and to a lesser extent still am.

TylerD
12-03-2004, 10:57 AM
you so craaazzy.

Patrick del Poker Grande
12-03-2004, 11:00 AM
An easy solution I myself employ when patronizing the local McDonald's:

"Number four, no onions, no pickles"

Done.

EliteNinja
12-03-2004, 11:46 AM
I like pickles.
Even on McRonald burgers.

I eat them by themselves on occasion. They're great in sandwiches, though.

B Dids
12-03-2004, 12:41 PM
I can't stand pickles on my burger, but I dig a pretty minimalist burger.

Pickles in a sandwish, as long as you've got sturdy bread are awesome.

Just plain dill pickles are the best.

2planka
12-03-2004, 12:44 PM
That would be a good name for a band. The Outlaw Pickles.

sfer
12-03-2004, 01:18 PM
Half sours rule.

stabn
12-03-2004, 03:20 PM
I love pickles, but i was spoiled as a king. My mom used to grow cucumbers and make dill pickles with a special family recipe. Best damn pickles you ever tasted. She used to wrap a few jars up and give them away as Christmas presents and people got pissed off if they didn't get any pickles one year. Who'd expect someone to get pissed off for not getting pickles?

In any case, i can't eat store bought pickles, they just aren't the same. I like a couple of small slices on a hamburger, but won't touch the spears you commonly get with sandwhiches.

Overall, pickles are great, and you can STFU /images/graemlins/smile.gif.

Blarg
12-03-2004, 05:25 PM
The Japanese have it down about pickles. They pickle almost every vegetable, and they make their pickles crunchy, not wilted like the kinds you usually get in the supermarket(Claussen are the only exception I've seen). Anyway, it's great trying a Japanese pickle plate at a restaurant -- Oshinko I think they call it. Real crunchy and fresh flavors, not all of them particularly sour, some of them subtly flavored with who knows what spices.

I think this subject must be fleshed out to include other pickled things! I like those mixed pickled vegetables that are often labeled "Gardineria." You can get them in hot versions(my favorite) or just regular. They've got pickled carrots and celery, and the better ones have more variety and include cauliflower, pearl onions, and peppers or even olives. Now, especially when they're a little hot, those make for a nice crunchy bite on the side when you're eating sandwiches!

P.S. Fresh crunchy sauerkraut kills on hot dogs. If you're getting it from the supermarket, again, Claussen is the way to go.

Sarge85
12-03-2004, 06:30 PM
There are definitely good pickles and bad pickles.

The good pickles are the ones that are still white on the inside.

I don't know why people eat the nasty green pickles (I realize all pickles are green on the outside - I'm referring to the ones that are green on the inside as well.)

For those not in the know regarding non-green pickles.

Please go to your nearest supermarket - go to the cooler section (yes the cooler, not the crap they sell on the shelf) and pick up a jar of Clausen Pickles.

Notice the color.
Notice the taste.
Case Closed.

Sarge/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Sarge85
12-03-2004, 06:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
(Claussen are the only exception I've seen)

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Claussen is the way to go.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah-Ha!!

A man in the know.

Sarge/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Sponger15SB
12-03-2004, 06:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Just plain dill pickles are the best.

[/ QUOTE ]

You know what this means right?

You're gay

emonrad87
12-04-2004, 02:15 AM
wow it's tied. Someone break the tie!

KungFuSandwich
12-04-2004, 03:03 AM
wow, who knew this was such a divisive issue

chabibi
12-04-2004, 03:06 AM
how can you eat a big mac without pickles

AngryCola
12-04-2004, 03:21 AM
Yum!

Phat Mack
12-04-2004, 03:41 AM
In any case, i can't eat store bought pickles, they just aren't the same.

I have to agree. A lot of people who don't like pickles haven't had a real one. My grandmother would pickle something called chow-chow out of home grown green tomatoes: delicious on hambugers. The wife of a man who ran a poker game I played at years ago would pickle jalepenos and carrots that were cut on a diagonal with a crinkle cutter: the best japs I've ever had. Each player got a jar every xmas. The mother or a former girlfriend made something she called "Half-baked Kosher Dills." They were crispier than clausens. I am salivating as I write this.

Mmmmmmm, pickles.

Gotta go raid the fridge...

tek
12-04-2004, 02:36 PM
Many years ago I worked in a pickle processing plant.

I got fired for sticking my hand in the pickle slicer.

She got fired too. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

KungFuSandwich
12-04-2004, 04:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
She got fired too.

[/ QUOTE ]

My roomates kinda freaked out right now, cause I just spewed RC Cola everywhere /images/graemlins/spade.gif

jimymat
12-05-2004, 07:19 AM
A quarter pounder

jimymat
12-05-2004, 07:20 AM
A show off

AncientPC
12-05-2004, 08:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You must not know anyone with good taste.

~D

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto on that. Pickles and and pretty much anything well pickled is good tasting in my book.

thatpfunk
12-05-2004, 11:15 PM
I used to love sliced pickles and peanut butter sandwiches when I was a kid. They are really good.

Cerril
12-05-2004, 11:19 PM
Woo to fries in burgers! My friends all look at me funny, but I don't care.

Pickles and tomatoes both occupy a very optional place on a lot of sandwiches and burgers for me. If they're in there and pretty fresh they're great, if I take a bite and one comes halfway out when I tug, it's going on the plate. In almost every case I'd rather have a pickle spear -with- my sandwich than pickle slices in it.

Cerril
12-05-2004, 11:23 PM
Eh, the poll question should be better phrased, it's implied he doesn't like pickles at all. I go to a restaurant, I only want the thousand island left off (thank you, no!). I go to a fast food restaurant, I order the burger plain.

Ulysses
12-06-2004, 04:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
My grandmother would pickle something called chow-chow out of home grown green tomatoes:

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you Lebanese or anything like that? At this deli in Houston called Antone's (I think Lebanese or some other Middle-Eastern) they make these awesome po-boys w/ this relish they call "chow-chow" or something like that. Man, that's some great stuff.

Ulysses
12-06-2004, 04:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
mmm bread n butter pickles are goood

[/ QUOTE ]

I hate pickles, most especially those crap sliced pickles, but I also hate the pickle spears you get w/ deli sandwiches.

Bread 'n butter pickles, I love 'em.