PDA

View Full Version : What's the right play here?

TheDelChop
12-02-2004, 02:41 AM
Ok Hero is in one off the button with A-Ko facing one limper, with blinds at 75-150 and a stack of approximately 1,900. I raise to t600 and only the limper calls. Flop comes three rainbow rags and the limper immediatley bets 300. What is my play? Player seems to be a tight solid player. Do I smell a set???

Irieguy
12-02-2004, 02:54 AM
Doesn't look like he needs a set to beat you.

Irieguy

Daliman
12-02-2004, 02:58 AM
No, you dont smell a set. You smell a pair, which means you lose ~75% of the time anyways.

Just fold.

pshreck
12-02-2004, 03:39 AM
I don't know if Im alone on this, but in the preflop situation I push. I hate betting a third of my stack like this with anything but kings or aces. The fact that there is a limper makes me think that he will call raises, but put to a decision for all his chips, I will either pick up a sizeable pot (his limp plus blinds) or be in a coinflip or better situation to add a bunch to my stack. The fact that you only have a little over 10 bbs should make this simple too.

Post flop... if you smell a set, your smelling stinks. Most bad and good players will always check their set in this situation to go for a check raise or a smooth call to milk it. He mostly likely paired or has an overpair to the flop, and will not often fold if you push. So yeah, this is a pretty easy fold on the flop, but again, I dont think you should be putting yourself in these situations.

captZEEbo1
12-02-2004, 09:26 AM
definitely no set, but yeah, probably fold. Allin pf works better /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Daliman
12-02-2004, 11:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't know if Im alone on this, but in the preflop situation I push. I hate betting a third of my stack like this with anything but kings or aces. The fact that there is a limper makes me think that he will call raises, but put to a decision for all his chips, I will either pick up a sizeable pot (his limp plus blinds) or be in a coinflip or better situation to add a bunch to my stack. The fact that you only have a little over 10 bbs should make this simple too.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not a bad idea, although only AA or KK is WAY too tight. also, you have almost 13 BB, which sounds like mincing but is a pretty significant difference from "a little over 10 BB's"