PDA

View Full Version : Wait for turn okay here?

davelin
12-01-2004, 04:09 AM
Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is CO with K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, MP3 folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button folds, SB folds, BB folds, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (9.50 SB) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG+2 bets</font>, MP2 calls, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: (6.75 BB) 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG+2 bets</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 calls, MP2 calls.

River: (12.75 BB) 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
UTG+2 checks, MP2 calls $1.25 (All-In), Hero calls, UTG+2 folds.

Final Pot: 14 BB

Shillx
12-01-2004, 04:13 AM
Yeah this is okay. Sometimes UTG+2 will not bet again for whatever reason, so I like raising the flop in this spot. The pot has not gotten too out of control for this play IMO, although it is not a bad play at all.

Brad

pointcount
12-01-2004, 04:14 AM
Sorry I was wrong in my initial post (deleted) you should wait till the turn when you have greater pot equity and a non scare card comes

Smasharoo
12-01-2004, 05:14 AM
No, it's not ok to let straight and flush draws draw cheaply when you have an overpair. Raise the flop.

davelin
12-01-2004, 05:21 AM
Isn't there a similar hand in SSHE?

Chris Daddy Cool
12-01-2004, 08:49 AM
Raise the flop.

couple things, its not gauranteed that the same dude is going to bet again on the turn. people always assume that, but its not always the case.

also your hand isn't likely to be much better on the turn as it was on the flop. sure there are a lot of scary cards that can come on the turn, but not so much that you still shouldn't raise this flop.

crockett
12-01-2004, 09:47 AM
One of the most common posts on 2+2.

You have to raise this flop. So many people confuse this with an example from SSH. Charge the draws.

The pot would have to be a lot large to consider waiting until the turn.

Ajax410
12-01-2004, 10:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The pot would have to be a lot large to consider waiting until the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would think it would be the other way around. In a larger pot, you worry less about hiding your hand and more about taking it down right away. Wouldn't you be more inclined to raise the flop and try to take down the pot with a larger pot?

With a board this coordinated, I opt to raise the flop the vast majority of the time. Often times the flop better is on a draw, and if it doesn't come in on the turn, he'll check - leaving you with a missed opportunity anyway.

Alex