PDA

View Full Version : Who says you don't nned an assault rifle?

oljumpstart
11-22-2004, 10:42 AM
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=519&ncid=718&e=2&u=/ap/20041122/ap_on_re_us/hunters_shot

Alobar
11-22-2004, 10:51 AM
man, thats [censored] up [censored]

Thats the kind of stupid [censored] I'm sure our forefathers were envisioning when they gave us "the right to bear arms".....oh wait, no they wernt, because they couldnt fathom or even concieve of a semi automatic assault rifle.

Topflight
11-22-2004, 10:53 AM
People baffle me.

tek
11-22-2004, 12:02 PM
I think that story shows th need for immigration control...

ThaSaltCracka
11-22-2004, 12:18 PM
simply disgusting, I hope that man goes to prison for life.

Popinjay
11-22-2004, 12:35 PM
sounds fun, just like GTA!

Sponger15SB
11-22-2004, 12:44 PM
ahhhh the irony!

SnakeRat
11-22-2004, 02:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think that story shows th need for immigration control...

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope you are kidding.

The once and future king
11-22-2004, 02:27 PM
Which mission ?

MarkL444
11-22-2004, 02:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
sounds fun, just like GTA!

[/ QUOTE ]

GTA sucks. deer hunter 4 life!

(note- im kidding about gta sucking)

GuyOnTilt
11-22-2004, 03:08 PM
Has anybody seen Gus Van Sant's Elephant? This just reminded me of that film.

GoT

ThaSaltCracka
11-22-2004, 03:10 PM
does he get a blow job in that film too?

GuyOnTilt
11-22-2004, 03:14 PM

I'm not sure what the "too" in your post refers to...

GoT

Rooster71
11-25-2004, 06:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=519&ncid=718&e=2&u=/ap/20041122/ap_on_re_us/hunters_shot

[/ QUOTE ]
This is a tragedy. But the fact that he killed the people with an assault rifle is irrelevant. He could have just as easily killed them with any semi-automatic rifle.

Lazymeatball
11-25-2004, 06:27 AM
this story neither proves a need for more control on immigration, nor a need for more gun control as it is an isolated incident and not part of a general trend.

ThaSaltCracka
11-25-2004, 07:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]

GoT

[/ QUOTE ]
have you not seen "Brown Bunny"?

Ray Zee
11-25-2004, 01:38 PM
what it proves is that you dont go out into the woods, even if on your own property and make racial slurs to someone and shoot a round at the dirt near them. do that and you can expect anyone to react in an unexpected way.

astroglide
11-25-2004, 01:54 PM
and those are the statements of the guy that killed multiple people. he also said he ditched his ammo in a swamp because he didn't want to shoot any more. the only facts are that he killed them and he had dumped his ammo.

Leo99
11-25-2004, 02:00 PM
I'm sure there's more to the story than that. What is the significance of dumping his ammo in a swamp?

astroglide
11-25-2004, 02:08 PM
if you were being surrounded by people, insulted, and then shot at would you return fire and THEN DROP YOUR AMMO? if i were being shot at, disarming myself wouldn't be very high on my list of priorities.

Leo99
11-25-2004, 02:13 PM
Agreed. I'm thinking that if I'm in the jury box at his trial and this "dropping the ammo in the swamp" evidence is presented, does that make him more guilty or more innocent.

astroglide
11-25-2004, 02:14 PM
if you agree what do you mean by your second sentence?

Leo99
11-25-2004, 02:18 PM
I don't understand why he dumped his ammo. Maybe he was acting like a drunk pouring his booze down the drain after he got drunk and killed someone drunk driving?

astroglide
11-25-2004, 11:51 PM
oh okay, i thought you meant that it didn't seem incriminating

whiskeytown
11-26-2004, 12:22 AM
Ray, I love you, but you're talking out of your ass.

There is nothing I've read in local coverage about anyone firing a shot in the dirt at him - In fact, I was wondering how the hell he killed 6 people....he's Rambo - but the fact is, all those folks only had one gun on them.

If racial slurs were used, I am unaware of it, but I do know it's not justifible homicide in MN or WI, despite our liberal tendancies.

And he chased and shot some of those people....no - that was cold blodded stalking.

didn't realize the SKS could hold 20 rounds - thought those fed from the top with those 8 clip feeders.

RB

Ray Zee
11-26-2004, 12:43 AM
i didnt justify the shooting did i. i stated a fact i believe is right. the one about not messing with someone you dont know with a gun. the other stuff i said was in the papers. true or not i dont know. but it came from my lips.

The Gift Of Gab
11-26-2004, 02:32 AM
vincent gallo wrote and directed brown bunny.

Robk
11-26-2004, 03:01 AM
what ray said has been reported all over the place. your "local coverage" must suck.

article (http://www.theage.com.au/news/World/Deer-hunter-claims-they-shot-first/2004/11/24/1101219578587.html)

Chai Soua Vang, 36, was surrounded by angry hunters who found him trespassing on their land on Sunday and at least one called him a "gook, chink, [censored] Asian," according to a document filed by investigators in Sawyer County Circuit Court

One hunter then aimed a gun at him, he ducked and a bullet hit the ground 9 to 12 metres behind him, Vang told police after his arrest.

paland
11-26-2004, 04:12 AM
Why does a person need an assult weapon? I don't see any use for them in an urban area except for killing people. And they are not a true hunting rifle. The founding fathers had muskets and didn't have huge metro areas so the law was written for that time frame. And in some areas, you can own an assult rifle within the law but go to jail if you smoke a joint. It doesn't make sense. It's time that the law concerning this is looked at.
Oh, and I do own a pistol, so I'm not anti-gun.

Rooster71
11-26-2004, 05:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Why does a person need an assult weapon? I don't see any use for them in an urban area except for killing people. And they are not a true hunting rifle. The founding fathers had muskets and didn't have huge metro areas so the law was written for that time frame. And in some areas, you can own an assult rifle within the law but go to jail if you smoke a joint. It doesn't make sense. It's time that the law concerning this is looked at.
Oh, and I do own a pistol, so I'm not anti-gun.

[/ QUOTE ]
Nobody "needs" an assault weapon. It's not a matter of need. In reality there is no such thing as an assault rifle. When Congress began to initiate the first "assault weapon" legislation (1994, I believe) they could not even define what an "assault weapon" was. So they pieced together all of these little things that seemed to make a rifle look more menacing than a standard rifle. This is how we got the assault weapon laws we have today.

My point is that laws involving "assault weapons" have very little to do with the functionality of a rifle. So I guess this tells us that if someone owns a weapon that appears to be more intimidating, they are more likely to commit a crime (or at least as far as Congress is concerned). Personally I am more concerned with who is in possession of the firearm than what the firearm looks like.

Daliman
11-26-2004, 06:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

GoT

[/ QUOTE ]
have you not seen "Brown Bunny"?

[/ QUOTE ]

You are confusing Gus Van Sant with Vincent Gallo, TSC.

HDPM
11-26-2004, 01:39 PM
You are anti gun. Sorry. You can't claim to be pro gun if you think guns are for hunting or that some are OK and some aren't. You are anti-gun. I don't mean it personally to you, but people with your views have sold gun owners out time and time again which has led to a steady erosion of a very precious civil liberty. I mean, if we are to distinguish between types of guns, hunters should lose their weapons first. I don't want that to happen, but no way should having some sporting weapon to kill a Bambi come before the real reason behind the Second Amendment. For too long the sell out NRA took this position and it hurt gun owners. Once the NRA woke up and started to try to defend gun rights it was too late in many respects. I support the right to own guns. If you prefer a Winchester Model 70 to an AK that is OK by me. But the AK owner should have at least equal standing with the sporting rifle dude.

astroglide
11-26-2004, 03:13 PM
...and it's only what that guy said