PDA

View Full Version : SIRI buy it up

siriusradio
11-19-2004, 02:35 PM
Siri (Sirius Sat. Radio) I believe is a great great long term investment with the possibility of some serious gaines. I got in at 3.80.. it's been runnin as of late but I dont think it's gonna stop. I'm sendin in more money to buy more. I actually own a sirius radio and the thing is awesome. It WILL be the standard of the future. Right now siri only has about 700-800k subscribers. They are expected to hit 1 mil by year end. I believe it will be over that. Howard Stern is going to siri which will bring more subs. I could go on and on but go ahead and take a look at it and see wut you think.

laserboy
11-19-2004, 06:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Siri (Sirius Sat. Radio) I believe is a great great long term investment with the possibility of some serious gaines. I got in at 3.80.. it's been runnin as of late but I dont think it's gonna stop. I'm sendin in more money to buy more. I actually own a sirius radio and the thing is awesome. It WILL be the standard of the future. Right now siri only has about 700-800k subscribers. They are expected to hit 1 mil by year end. I believe it will be over that. Howard Stern is going to siri which will bring more subs. I could go on and on but go ahead and take a look at it and see wut you think.

[/ QUOTE ]

They will need 10 times that number of subscribers just to pay Stern's salary. That sounds like hyperbole, but I am being serious.

Do you understand that you are purchasing ownership in a business and that the purpose of a business is to make money (something that Sirius will never be able to do)? Or are you just crossing your fingers and hoping to unload your stock at a higher price to some greater fool?

RollaJ
11-22-2004, 09:32 AM
While it is a speculative stock at this point, so was EVERY tech company when they first started.

<font color="red"> "I think there is a world market for may be five computers."
– Thomas Watson, chairman of IBM, 1943. </font>

So If you are looking for dividend income to pad your retirement this is the wrong stock, but If you seek a chance at growth this is a very likely candidate at these levels. Id guess this is a $12 stock in 12-18 months and low to mid 20s within 3 years. I also think it has downside protection at $3.50 for at least the next 15 months..... but what the hell do I know

laserboy
11-22-2004, 06:00 PM
Well whether satellite radio is going to change the world or not is debatable. But just because a company is involved with a groundbreaking technology doesn't make it a wise investment. All the technology in the world will not overcome a flawed business model and poor management.

Broadband internet access, for instance, was likely a more significant technological step forward than satellite radio. But that didn't do a whole lot of good for @Home shareholders.

Of course the stock is up another 16% today, so what do I know? /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Maybe the stock really is worth 162x sales. /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

siriusradio
11-22-2004, 07:08 PM
They need 1 million subs to pay for stern. He is going to bring in way more then that maybe not necesarily his fans but people who heard about sirius from all the publicity he gives. Just got my money credited to my account today (wished I had it a couple days ago considering the nice run up) but im goin to buy tomarrow with no fear. I believe they are going to crush the estimates of 1 mil subs by xmas. I'm thinkin at least 1.5 mil which will have a very nice effect on the stock. If sterns fans do switch... now your talking millions of subs in the next year. This stock is lookin tasty even at $6 now.

renodoc
11-23-2004, 02:26 AM
I bought some SIRI the day I first heard it in my Audi. Regular radio sucks eggs. I daytraded SIRI last spring the first time it hit $4 a share this year and then rebought a bunch at $2.80. They have taken huge gambles with the NFL and Stern, but once you try the product you'll be hooked.

They just hired a former Viacom guy to be CEO or something and a buyout seems possible.

Try it, you'll like it.

stationcalling
11-28-2004, 04:09 PM
does anyone have any comments about this -

1. xm supposedly uses a 'better, more advanced technology' to run their system
2. mel karmazin + howard stern = expensive for xm
3. xm supposedly has 3x's the #'s of subscribers
4. sirius has already grown substatially in 2004, can it grow significantly more?

it's not that i'm an xm fan or anything, i'm just curious what your thoughts would be on the matter

JTrout
11-28-2004, 05:52 PM
I'm putting my $$$ in bulbs.

siriusradio
11-28-2004, 08:23 PM
sirius only has 800k subs right now. They are on there way to millions.. I'd say thats room for growth

AceHigh
11-28-2004, 11:45 PM
I thought XM was better until the Stern deal. Especially as stockholders were concerned, sirius issues new stock too often, etc. MLB/xm seems like a better deal than NFL/sirius. XM has more subscribers, better deal with auto companies.

IMO sirius needed something like Stern to balance the scales.

Q8offsuit
11-29-2004, 12:30 AM
Sirius has an extra satellite right now (3 for them vs. 2 for XM). Don't know how that will affect service/coverage. I bought XM for the baseball and I would assume a lot of others will do the same.

Looks to me like Sirius had to "catch up" with Howard Stern too.

siriusradio
12-07-2004, 12:17 PM
All shall hail my expert stock picks! If you would like to purchase the day of the year that this stock should be shorted let me know. The price is a mere $250.

RollaJ
12-07-2004, 03:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm putting my $$$ in bulbs.

[/ QUOTE ]

You already missed the run up in bulbs, maybe not so in Sirius.

Dont forget, even those who got in early enough in tulips made some very good money /images/graemlins/wink.gif