PDA

View Full Version : Calling $2 (all in) into a $150 pot.

DBowling
11-14-2004, 04:30 PM
I was not involved in this hand, but it happened last night at commerce. I thought it was pretty funny, but some other players didnt think so. My recollection isnt perfect.
$100nl 2/3 blinds.
EP ~$600
MP ~$200
CO ~$52

Preflop: EP raises to 10. MP calls. CO calls.

Flop: 5 /images/graemlins/heart.gif7 /images/graemlins/club.gif8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif
EP leads out for $30. MP and CO call

Turn: 6 /images/graemlins/spade.gif
EP bets $10 and says something about practically putting CO all in. MP calls and EP realizes that he gave MP excellent odds to call and says "oh man, you call too now you get to see a cheap river". CO calls

River: 7 /images/graemlins/heart.gif
Pairs the board and completes the flush. EP checks. MP moves all in. CO calls for $2 (all in) and EP folds. MP folds before CO reveals his cards

My question is, whats the worst possible holding that CO can call $2 with into such a large pot. Can he call with 32o and hope that his opponent is playing the board? Can he call with bottom pair? Or maybe even pocket 2s? Table talk to follow, if theres any interest.

bholdr
11-14-2004, 06:22 PM
in a 150$ pot i'd call two bucks just to see what he was holding. even if i knew for a fact i was going to lose. why did he have two dollars left?

beta1607
11-14-2004, 06:37 PM
I can not think of a situation where you would not call the $2 even if you were 99% sure you were beat and your only hope was to play the board. Why were people upset?

DBowling
11-14-2004, 06:55 PM
He had 2 dollars left because thats what he was left with after the previous bet.
People were upset because MP made a bet that folded out the winning hand, when he didnt even have a hand to show down himself. If there was a sidepot that he was trying to protect, of course this would have been okay. But some felt that because there was no chance he could fold out CO, that he shouldnt have bet. Someone mentioned that it could look like collusion, someone betting to fold out a better hand, so his partner scoops the pot, though i dont think anyone seriously thought they were colluding