PDA

View Full Version : What is a good ROI playing HU sit and go.

Yahve
11-14-2004, 02:54 PM
Hi all,

I was actually wondering what should be a good ROI playing HU sngs. I started playing HU 10+1 at stars and im doing good so far. I know that a good ROI on a 1 table sngs should be around 20-30%, is it different if its HU tourney. I think it should be lower since when you win, you only earn 1 buyin. Also, what should be a proper bankroll? 20-30 buyin like in a normal 1-table sngs?

Thank you in advance for your answers.

Yahve

Ogre
11-14-2004, 03:42 PM
Check out the FAQ sticky at the top of the page it tells all about expected RoI and proper bankrolls.

OGRE

Yahve
11-14-2004, 04:32 PM
Hi,

I think you missunderstood my question. Firs of all, english is not my first language, so bare with me. I already know about ROI and bankroll for regular sngs. I was just wondering if it should be the same for HU sngs. I meand Heads Up... one on one.. but not on cash game. HU sngs as they spread at pokerstars... Those that you play against only one opponents. I guess the result should be different than 1-table sngs. Different ROI, different variance. I need some tougth about it.

In the FAQ topic they tell only about ROI and bankroll for 1-table sngs not HU.

Yahve

stupidsucker
11-14-2004, 05:27 PM
without ever really playing one, I am fairly sure that your roi will be lower, but you can play more HU sng/hour then a 10 man sng.

rjb03
11-14-2004, 05:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
without ever really playing one, I am fairly sure that your roi will be lower, but you can play more HU sng/hour then a 10 man sng.

[/ QUOTE ]

What if you multi-table full tables? Can someone 4 table hu sngs?

lorinda
11-14-2004, 05:46 PM
In the $20s you can certainly score 62-63% if my 100 sample and La Brujita's 300 sample sizes mean anything.

I was at 68% in the $10s, but sample size only 44

That's in the money, not return on investment.

Lori

adanthar
11-14-2004, 06:37 PM
Subtracting the rake, that'd indicate the max ROI is what, ~10% at the $20 level?

Even if you could four table them without losing any of your reads, this'd seem to imply they're a bad investment.

On the other hand, what if you four tabled them with a big bankroll to handle the swings, then used Eastbay's top 70/top 30 system and just went in on nearly every hand?

La Brujita
11-14-2004, 06:38 PM
Hi there,

Here is a thread I started in January. It was about hu sit and gos generally and also 4-player tourneys. The original post:

"I just started playing them recently and wanted to give my thoughts and get feedback.

If any of my thoughts are wrong feel free to correct them.

I play a bunch of the hu tourneys on stars. I like them pretty well and win about 63.5%. I decided to try the four person tourneys today because I figured there would be some positive ev.

Here are my thoughts on the ev matter. For the purposes of calcuation, tournament is 20+1, first place wins net 59.

If you win at 63.5% here are the hourly calculations (assuming average hu match is 1/2 hour):

About 40% of the time you will win $59 (this will always take one hour).

The other 60% you will lose $21. Half of this time it will take 1/2 hour to get knocked out, other half 1 hour (this is a mildly faulty assumption, as the better player is more likely to advance in the other half of bracket).

In one 8.5 day you would win 4 times and lose six times.

This would be a net profit of $110.

If you played hu 20+1 at the same winning percentage you would make $4.40 per game, meaning $74.80 in that same 8.5 hour day.

The $110 might not seem like much but at the $50 level that is $475 a day. Of course it is much harder to have the same winning percentage in a higher stakes game.

Thoughts:

1. The reason you make more money is twofold, (a) you pay less rake and (b) you get leverage from the other semifinal.

2. I think I have underestimated hourly ev for a couple of reasons (a) each average match takes probably a little under a half an hour, (b) part of the reason a good player wins more is he/she will be able to slowly grind out victory, I think fatigue/boredom becomes a bit of a factor as you play the second match and (c) if your semifinal finishes first, you can watch the other match and pick up clues on their play. C might actually cut the other way since your match (as a grinder) will probably take a bit longer to play.

Does anyone else play these tourneys and if so what do they think about them in general?

Regards"

http://tinyurl.com/694c7

If you want my opinion a year later I am pretty sure I could win at least 60% of these at the 20 level but in terms of hourly rate it can't compare to even low limit multitabling of ring games I don't think. I would have a very hard time playing more than two at once, and it would substantially effect my ev. I four table full ring games without any problems. It is just the basic fact that I play about 1/5 hands in a limit ring game and perhaps 4/5 in a heads up match.