PDA

View Full Version : Simple Question- What's your Plan?

Michael Davis
11-11-2004, 04:21 AM
You open raise UTG+1 with ATo and are immediately threebet. The BB calls and you call.

Flop is T93 rainbow.

What's your plan?

-Michael

balkii
11-11-2004, 04:30 AM
bet and hope to get raised by the 3-bettor who you hopefully outflopped in an attempt to push out the BB. and then call down.

imitation
11-11-2004, 04:32 AM
Lead out. Different lines depending on subsequent action.

jgorham
11-11-2004, 05:35 AM
Checkraise flop lead turn if called. Call down if 3bet

stripsqueez
11-11-2004, 11:12 AM
my initial plan is to get a lot of chips in to make up for all the times i missed the flop and check folded

stripsqueez - chickenhawk

fnord_too
11-11-2004, 11:23 AM
I like playing this fast. If the flop gets capped I probably lead the turn if no JQK comes, but if I get raised on the turn I call down or fold depending on the opponent. Of course if the person who three bet would not three bet without a big pair or AK, I may take a different line that ends up with me folding.

Trix
11-11-2004, 01:15 PM
Probably bet-3bet, calling down to futher aggression.

JinX11
11-11-2004, 02:32 PM
Depends on my read of the three-bettor:

Against a really good opponent, I probably check-call all the way down unless the board becomes very threatening.

Against a decent opponent, I probably bet out the flop.

Against a weaker opponent, maybe a check-raise on the flop and lead the turn, if not three-bet.

kiddo
11-11-2004, 02:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Against a really good opponent, I probably check-call all the way down unless the board becomes very threatening.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this because you think a really good opponent would only 3 bet with a pair higher then 10s?

A good opponent will 3bet you with any hand that is a bit average of what you raise.

MrFeelNothin
11-11-2004, 09:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is this because you think a really good opponent would only 3 bet with a pair higher then 10s?

A good opponent will 3bet you with any hand that is a bit average of what you raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

More likely Jin thinks a good player is more capable of laying down a midpair or AK when he is beat and more able to properly suck bets out of Jins A10 if he does have the overpair. Lose the least when hes behind/win the most when hes ahead. I'm not advocating that line, but against an opponent who will continue betting with overcards until raised it could be right. Check/call flop and turn and lead out on river.

I probably cr flop-lead turn.

Michael Davis
11-11-2004, 11:32 PM
The presence of the 3rd player in the pot doesn't affect your plan?

-Michael

MrFeelNothin
11-12-2004, 02:38 AM
I was referring to a different post, sorry for the confusion. I checkraise the flop, lead the turn.

yerfmasta11
11-12-2004, 07:19 AM
I think that you bet this flop and if he calls and a scary card like JQK comes you can check into him more than likely getting a free card if he didnt hit... either that or end it there with a 3 bet...
either way looks like those are your two options...
/images/graemlins/spade.gif