PDA

View Full Version : Cracking 5/10 full (days 2-3)

Rubeskies
11-10-2004, 05:37 PM
Day 2

It snowed today for the first time here at St. Lawrence U up here in upstate New York. The first snow of the year is always a little surreal when you first walk out into it. The blanket of white when all you’re used to is green. But then I start freezing my ass off and I remember why I hate snow.

Tonight’s play list addition: Dire Straits “The Sultans of Swing” in honor of our wonderful friend variance that causes all of those wonderful swings.

So I got a solid 3.7 (out of 10) on my chem quiz today furthering my previous thought that English majors should not be made to take lab sciences. I tried to take this class pass/fail but I missed the deadline by like a week. For those of you who don’t know what pass/fail means, basically the class doesn’t count towards my GPA as long as I achieve a 1.0 or better.

Had I made the deadline, I would have signed my name on my tests “pass/fail,” under every question I didn’t know I would have written “pass/fail.” In fact I would have had a T-shirt made that said “PASS/FAIL” across the chest and every time she tells me to come to her office for help I’d just point to my t-shirt. And most importantly, anytime I didn’t feel like going to class, I’d just have that girl down the hall bring my t-shirt to class and drape it across my chair. I bet the teacher would have just loved me.

Anyway, to poker. I managed to get a couple of hours of hands in. The 5/10 tables still are looking pretty beatable. They don’t seem to be the rock gardens that everyone makes them out to be. Although I do only play during peak EST hours.

I’ve been thinking about experiment with the limp re-raise with AA and KK in early position. Does anybody else have good success with this at 5/10?

Well, at the end of the night I was up $243 or around 24 big bets.

My two day total is now at a solid $46.50.

Day 3

Tonight’s addiction to the play-list: Bush - “Mouth”

Today I decided to six-table at 5/10 for the first time. I had 6-tabled 3/6 for about 10K hands ever since I got my new 21 inch monitor that is capable of 1940/1400 resolution and allows me to play 6 on one table with a small amount of overlap. I got this thing for only $150 on ebay. I’m still waiting for my video card that supports duel monitors to come in at my local computer store.

The 6-table experiment was a success. I managed not to make any multi-tabling mistakes but my read ability suffered a bit as I have a small number of 5/10 players in my database. Ill have to leave PT up observing during the day more.

One thing I have noticed that makes 5/10 profits suffer is the high amount of rake you have to pay. It seems to be a significant amount more than at 3/6.

Had a 20BB gain for the night.

My three day total is now $242

Day 1

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=1230531&page=0&view=colla psed&sb=5&o=14&fpart=1

snowbank
11-10-2004, 06:14 PM
Any decent poker games on campus there? I'm from upstate NY. Big poker tournament in my hometown this weekend. If you're interested PM me and I'll give you some details I have on it.

MicroBob
11-10-2004, 06:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
One thing I have noticed that makes 5/10 profits suffer is the high amount of rake you have to pay. It seems to be a significant amount more than at 3/6.

[/ QUOTE ]

Isn't the rake more favorable at 5/10?
You are more frequently seeing pots hit the max-rake ($3) with plenty more bets thrown in on top of that.

Yobz
11-10-2004, 06:25 PM
Snowed here, too. Cornell gets *COLD* during the winter =(

djack
11-10-2004, 07:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]

It snowed today for the first time here at St. Lawrence U up here in upstate New York.

[/ QUOTE ]
Moving somewhere warmer is definitely +EV. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Phil Van Sexton
11-10-2004, 08:30 PM
Great post. Only comment...can people use short URLs so the posts dont get super wide in the browser.

You only need the 1st part of the url....
http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=1230531

or you can use the Instant UBB Code URL feature (like the Quote feature)...

Day 1 (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=1230531)

</end whining>