PDA

View Full Version : Daniel Negreanu, Blogger

Kevmath
11-06-2004, 11:49 PM
Maybe I'm not looking in the right areas, but I haven't seen a mention that Daniel's updating his website to include a daily blog. In the past couple of days, he's dropped over 140K in 15 hours, not exactly the best way to start, but I'm sure the variance will go the other way soon enough. It's at www.fullcontactpoker.com. (http://www.fullcontactpoker.com.)

Kevin...

Popinjay
11-07-2004, 02:34 AM
thanks for the link

highlight:
[ QUOTE ]
My boy Erick Lindgren, now HE has the bomb bachelor pad. Seven plasma screens in his living rooom, a pool table for a dining room table, a soccer table, arcade games, a basketball court and the icing on the cake: a portrait of Kramer hanging in his living room. I mean, how cool is that?

[/ QUOTE ]

Erick Lindgren is idol.

Sundevils21
11-07-2004, 02:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]
In the past couple of days, he's dropped over 140K in 15 hours, not exactly the best way to start, but I'm sure the variance will go the other way soon enough.

[/ QUOTE ]

While reading his journal, he makes it sound like losing that money actually hurts his bankroll. C'mon Daniel we know better. 140K is a drop in the bucket in the 1500-3000 mixed games. It wouldn't sound nearly as bad if he said, "I'm down 46 big bets".

Rushmore
11-07-2004, 10:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
My boy Erick Lindgren, now HE has the bomb bachelor pad. Seven plasma screens in his living rooom, a pool table for a dining room table, a soccer table, arcade games, a basketball court and the icing on the cake: a portrait of Kramer hanging in his living room. I mean, how cool is that?

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess it's extremely cool...if you're Pauly Shore or maybe Ashton Kutcher.

Rushmore
11-07-2004, 11:08 AM
I found the blog, while sparse with poker, to be fairly interesting and informative. He even made a worthwhile point about his dog Lucky. I liked it.

The poker stuff, while standard fare, was pretty useful for perspective.

One impressive thing about Negreanu is that he takes full responsibility for his losses. There's not much whine in the guy. In fact, the closest I can recall him getting to whining was his exit interview at the WSOP, and that was tame by most standards.

Anyway, I think I'll look in from time to time--it's a reasonably good read.

B Dids
11-07-2004, 11:49 AM
You sound old.

Rushmore
11-07-2004, 01:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You sound old.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, uh, yeah. That's why I threw in the flavor of the month boy Ashton Kutcher in there, to get me some of that cred with the, uh, young set, er, uh, crew, ummm, posse...

Anyway, sounds like a great way to STAY a bachelor. Do you honestly think an actual, uh, mature adult male wants to have a foosball table and a Miller Genuine Draft neon sign and some video games and a poster of Pam Anderson in his home? Perhaps more importantly, does anyone think that women like this?

Remember: you're an older gentleman with a bird on your shoulder.

OK, you can answer now.

Ulysses
11-07-2004, 03:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
In fact, the closest I can recall him getting to whining was his exit interview at the WSOP, and that was tame by most standards.

[/ QUOTE ]

FWIW, I've heard/read him say a couple of times that the primary reason he lost early in the main event was because he played very badly.

B Dids
11-07-2004, 04:55 PM
My grandfather was an older gentleman with a bird. I'm 28.

I do understand your point. Different strokes for different folks and what not.

benfranklin
11-07-2004, 06:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You sound old.

[/ QUOTE ]

And we all know that being old is a crime in today's society.

Rushmore
11-08-2004, 12:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]
FWIW, I've heard/read him say a couple of times that the primary reason he lost early in the main event was because he played very badly.

[/ QUOTE ]

True, but it was sandwiched around the slightly less gracious "you can't bluff these people" or something.

Like I said, tame, and in the heat of the moment.

Relentless
11-08-2004, 02:02 AM
hey thanks for the link, gonna look over the site now

bobdibble
11-08-2004, 03:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Do you honestly think an actual, uh, mature adult male wants to have a foosball table and a Miller Genuine Draft neon sign and some video games...

[/ QUOTE ]

Um.. hell ya.

I'm almost 34, a professional, married, have 2 year old and while I don't have a foosball table, I do have an original Tempest cocktail arcade machine in my family room... with the big screen & surround sound, xbox, etc.

wtf is wrong with you.. lol.

oh.. and my wife wants to get a Ms. Pacman.

youtalkfunny
11-08-2004, 04:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
a pool table for a dining room table...

[/ QUOTE ]

Just like the Beverly Hillbillies!

JED: (pointing to the mounted rhino head) What's that?
JETHRO: Well, Mr Drysedale said that this here is the billy-yard room. And this is the billy-yard table. (points to the rhino) That must be a billy-yard!

GRANNY: Somebody must've glued down this tablecloth!

JED: (hefting a cue stick) A pot-passer, I reckon.

Blarg
11-08-2004, 04:23 AM
The idea of a picture of Kramer in someone's living room kinda cracked me up. But I think most women would look on it as being about as cool as those paintings of dogs playing poker.

Ah well, that's what Dens and games rooms are for.

Definitely the first thing I thought when I read that bit about the Kramer picture was, "This guy's a bachelor -- and he's probably going to stay one for a while, maybe involuntarily."

Sponger15SB
11-08-2004, 05:06 AM
http://www.edb.kvl.dk/~erik/pictures/kramer.jpg

Popinjay
11-08-2004, 05:35 AM
You get more enjoyment out of a PTA meeting than sex, don't you?

Rushmore
11-08-2004, 09:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm almost 34, a professional, married, have 2 year old and while I don't have a foosball table, I do have an original Tempest cocktail arcade machine in my family room... with the big screen & surround sound, xbox, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

Big difference between having this stuff in your "family room" and having it all as an integral part of your "bachelor pad."

Rushmore
11-08-2004, 09:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You get more enjoyment out of a PTA meeting than sex, don't you?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure, because while I've had sex with dozens of women, I have never attended a PTA meeting.

I'm not sure what your point is, but it seems like it must be something along the lines of an assertion that those among us who do not embrace the stunted-growth-frat-boy-male lifestyle must be, what--no good in bed??

Well, I can assure you, I rock in bed. Woooooooooooooo! Yeah!! Party!! Yeah!!

Blarg
11-08-2004, 06:21 PM
Haha, that painting is a masterpiece! I hope the owner treats it with all due reverence, and has it properly insured.