PDA

View Full Version : uhh my friend wrote it what do you think?

KanigawaCards7
11-04-2004, 06:20 PM
A very mysterious person i know wrote this:

i am bound to the solitary rose:the alone when i wake up the shade\s are drawn and the light seeps through the slots and casts a shadow on my bed and cross my face...I lay awake in my bed and wonder when i will find love and where i belong. I want to be held and feel such emotions as i have never felt before. i am associated with loneliness and melancholy and psuch patience as no one has never seen before. I am the governed by the goddess merpope and am gaurded be such as the Sword and the Unrequited love. As an Alone i am summed up as a hopeless romantic. i desire to love and have so much love to give, but thiongs never seem to work out the way i want them to. In truth, i am very optimistic at face value but i am so much more than that...

I am the rose petals:the wronged. I've come undone and all hopes of mening me are faded because the pain took my soul. can't you see? the only one who can fix me is me. I am associated with sorrow, reflection and wisdom. I am governed by the undainted goddess Persphone and guarded the Teardrop and the Broken Love. I am reflective and tend to be hard on myself. i have been hurt in the past by other people and can sometimes distance myself. As a result i usually don't let others get too close to me and am very good at mending my spirits back to gether becuase i know what i want.

I am the white rose; the pure. I've been waiting a long time in the dark, shining my beacon of hope through the shadow...If you see me don't sheild your eyes from me i am associated with purity, honor and chastity. I am governed by the goddess Artemis and am guarded by the Cross and by the Agape. i am aperson of my word and maintain a strong moral code, but regardless of my code i will stay true to myself and my heart. Some people may say i am too idealistic but it's only because i don't wish to be a failure.

iI am bound to the burning rose: the Rapture. I go where my heart beackons me, and i go with my head held high. But i tend to get a need until i bleed so my heart swims over my head. I am associated with passion. Intensity. Desrire. I am governed by the god Eros and am guarded by the Flame. I can get trapped in the moment and make mistakes but i willingly admit to them.

I am the bouqet in your vase. I am the collection of emotions you feel. If you are lucky to have won my love then hold me close, hold me tight and never let me go. wrappyour arms around my body so that you may calm my mortal soul. I will guard and protect you and love you with all of my heart, so long as you give me a chance. My heart is made of silk...delicate as well as intricate...i am torn and wish for you to mend me i give you the supplies now you just work the needle.

does this(psych majors extra appreciated) say anything about the person who wrote it?

ilya
11-04-2004, 06:55 PM
I think your friend is an inexperienced teenage writer. He clearly romanticizes intense feeling, but has trouble fully understanding his own emotions and dramatizing them for the reader. His archaic and obscure allusions suggest that he is something of a social outcast. His correct but somewhat awkward grammar and diction suggest that English may not be his first language. That's not a useful observation, just a guess for the fun of it.
From a psych perspective, I think this is reasonably normal. From a literary perspective, I think this is extremely weak.

I am much more qualified to speak about the literary qualities than about the psychological ones.

Cheers,
Ilya

nolanfan34
11-04-2004, 06:59 PM
I think there are a lot of spelling mistakes in this. I also think based on past posts you've made, that you are the writer in question, correct?

I would just go ahead and post this in the psych forum. I don't know that you want the opinions of the OOT crew.

KanigawaCards7
11-04-2004, 08:39 PM
No. no I am not. This friend is well known amongst the high schools in johnson county. I cannot tell you HER(you got it totally wrong, the uhh part wasnt a thin guise of my own identity it was the wierdness of receiving such a message, it freaked me out.) name, but she is known mostly as a slut. A very promiscoius(sp?) slut. She comes from a wealthy family but is extremely odd. Her actions are absolutly crazy, which is why her reputation precedes her amognst all high schoolers in the johnson county area. I would love to crack her head open.

Alobar
11-04-2004, 09:09 PM
sounds like you could get some....is she hot? I say go for it. Take a hit for the team and then come back here and tell us how she was /images/graemlins/smile.gif

ilya
11-04-2004, 09:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
sounds like you could get some....is she hot? I say go for it. Take a hit for the team and then come back here and tell us how she was /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

This is not the best advice I have ever read.

Victor
11-04-2004, 09:12 PM
whats her number????

KanigawaCards7
11-04-2004, 09:17 PM
lol Yes she is hot. No I will not try to **** her. I have a friendship with her older brother, not to mention a friendship with her, that would be lost with any thing because she has a history of nasty relationships, and Im interested in helping this girl, not using her.Not to say thats how I usually act /images/graemlins/wink.gif but she is an exception. Shes an amazingly interesting person, and a confused young girl.

KanigawaCards7
11-04-2004, 09:19 PM
dude do you seriously want it? I might give it to you, but you have to follow a few guidelines.

Demana
11-04-2004, 09:32 PM
My $0.02

She feels alone and cast out by society.

Though she has suffered a lot, she feels like she is a good person inside and this is her way of expressing it.

She feels betrayed by those around her who are constantly calling her slut, etc. and looking down on her. She views herself as pure and true.

She has made it a habit of choosing the wrong guys and admits that she is always in the wrong relationships.

She is reaching out to you and thinks that you may be the person who can save her.

Unfortunately, the only person that can save her is herself because the person causing the angst is her.

She has yet to take true responsibility for her actions (like not choosing the wrong guys) and instead thinks that it is not her fault that she has followed her heart and had it broken so many times.

Typical drama queen / rebelious teenager.

btw - I'm guessing you posted this because you feel bad for her and want to help?

Alobar
11-04-2004, 09:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
dude do you seriously want it? I might give it to you, but you have to follow a few guidelines.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, yeah, she is such a good cherished friend that you are pimping out her number?

your young, you arnt going to be in her friend in 20 years, would you ratehr look back on how you banged your hot tormented friend (anguished girls are amazing in bed BTW) or look back and wish you had.

dont be a pussy!! go go for it! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Demana
11-04-2004, 09:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You shouldn't even joke about something like this.

Dominic
11-05-2004, 12:14 AM
yeah, it says she's a pretentious, Sylvia Plath loving, bad prose spouting, thinks her vagina's a rose that's too special to give up bore.

Dominic
11-05-2004, 12:15 AM
oh no. He wants to "save her."

Be honest with yourself...her head is not the only thing u want crack open.

vulturesrow
11-05-2004, 12:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I would love to crack her head open.

[/ QUOTE ]

You need to be more concerned with cracking her panties open.

nothumb
11-05-2004, 12:31 AM
Um, there's nothing mysterious about this at all. It is a long, amateurish string of self-characterization that is completely obvious, direct, and, may I add, filled with complete cliche and lousy metaphors.

It practically screams, "Use me like everyone else I know, get your dick wet and then fulfill my self-defeating prophecies by losing interest or growing frustrated with my melodramatic psychobabble."

Whether or not doing so would be fulfilling to you or not is pretty obvious. You are clearly not the hit it and quit it type, and you don't want to get involved with this broad.

NT

vulturesrow
11-05-2004, 12:38 AM
I just read this "poem" again and basically couldnt stop laughing for a good 45 seconds. High school is tough times. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Homer
11-05-2004, 12:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You are a dick. Die.

Alobar
11-05-2004, 07:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You are a dick. Die.

[/ QUOTE ]

ouch, thats a little harsh. especially since what he said was dead on

pudley4
11-05-2004, 11:46 AM
I read the first 7 words of it and promptly killed myself.

Homer
11-05-2004, 11:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You are a dick. Die.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ummm, no. He's an [censored]. Especially the "oh no, he wants to save her" bit.

Dominic
11-05-2004, 12:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You are a dick. Die.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I may be a dik, but who's the one who wished death upon another here?

Luv u!

Homer
11-05-2004, 12:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You are a dick. Die.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Luv u!

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't worry my friend, I don't really want you to die.

codewarrior
11-05-2004, 01:27 PM
"Sometimes I cut myself to ease the pain, tee hee..." /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

So how'd I do?

KanigawaCards7
11-05-2004, 01:49 PM
geez yeah shes crazy but deep down shes a good person. ive pretty much decided ive got all the advice I can get from this board. But I wish her the best of luck. The poem might not be that mysterious(and I dont know Sheet about poetry) but she certainly is.She has some real problems and is a very interesting person. I just wish her the best. Now
Im done talking about depressed high school girls personally. I'm going back to Kansas state(im a freshman) and im going to go get high.Then I am going to watch football with walt and mike. But yeah im not the hit and run type.I personally have been through some [censored] and in middle school, I was always an outcast myself, where upon high school entrance i magically became a normal person with friends. How the hell did that happen? O well see you guys.

Dominic
11-05-2004, 02:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You are a dick. Die.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Luv u!

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's nice, but I still stand by my original statement, "dikhood" or not.

Topflight
11-05-2004, 02:24 PM
Mysterious, no.

Typical, yes.

You should [censored] her. The problem is you don't actually have a chance.

WEASEL45
11-05-2004, 02:48 PM
Aren't all sluts permiscuos

jakethebake
11-05-2004, 05:24 PM
I think it's too long.

Homer
11-05-2004, 06:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You are a dick. Die.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Luv u!

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's nice, but I still stand by my original statement, "dikhood" or not.

[/ QUOTE ]

All these quotes within quotes look cool.

You can write dick, with the c. It won't bleep you.

chabibi
11-05-2004, 08:28 PM
stop being such a pussy and [censored] her

A_C_Slater
11-05-2004, 08:35 PM
I prefer the term "tantric engineer" to "slut."