PDA

View Full Version : Vietnam and Kerry

10-16-2004, 12:49 PM
As an Annapolis grad and Vietnam vet (with USMC), I have to say that Kerry showed a hell of a lot more courage and patriotism by coming back to Washington and telling the truth (which all of us there knew but few were willing to admit publicly) than Bush who effectively draft-dodged through Daddy's influence. And now we have another Vietnam on our hands--don't people ever learn?????? Well, Bush's kids are girls, so I guess THEY won't be drafted . . .

10-16-2004, 12:56 PM
Sorry for the delay in the start-up time for the poll. I just accepted the default start-time assuming it was NOW, but it turns out to be tomorrow . . .oh well, just call me Bush . . . /images/graemlins/grin.gif

tyfromm
10-16-2004, 03:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Sorry for the delay in the start-up time for the poll. I just accepted the default start-time assuming it was NOW, but it turns out to be tomorrow . . .oh well, just call me Bush . . . /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey, you gave us a day to think about this important question, I will use that time to meditate on my answer.

Just bump this post when the start time comes. Eeewww... I just can't wait for this to start. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Losing all
10-16-2004, 03:45 PM
Did you know there is a politics forum here at 2+2? Don't be an idiot.

Semper fi

10-16-2004, 05:13 PM
Actually, I didn't scroll down far enough to see the "political" forum. I got as far as this one and said "AHA--I am presenting a view, so this is it". You are correct--I could have done better. My error was sort of like, well, jumping into a war without proper preparation. Idiot seems a tad harsh, however. /images/graemlins/smile.gif I believe the moderator will just move it if necessary. SF /images/graemlins/smile.gif /images/graemlins/smile.gif

snakehead
10-17-2004, 12:14 AM
I would think that an annapolis grad would have put this post in the politics forum, not the gambling news, views, and gossip forum.

EarlCat
10-17-2004, 01:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

A Kerry supporter would jump to conclusions before getting all the information...

10-17-2004, 09:02 AM
bump

jakethebake
10-17-2004, 11:14 AM
Holy sh*t! How did you do that? You stole my exact post...right down to the Semper Fi.

[ QUOTE ]

Semper fi

[/ QUOTE ]

Jimbo
10-17-2004, 02:56 PM
As another Vietnam Vet it appears you never saw any action else you would understand why Kerry ignoring all the other soldiers still fighting or captured makes many feel so bitter toward that traitor Kerry.

Jimbo

Softrock
10-17-2004, 11:04 PM
I am also a Vietnam Vet. First of all, the question should be who will be the better President for the country - "Who's got more balls" is not the best way to answer that question.

Secondly, I would not vote for Kerry because I knew too many officers like him during the Vietnam War. He's pompous, self-serving, by-the-book when it covers his butt, and most of all not a team player. As a Marine you have to understand the value of looking out for the team or your buddies or whatever you want to call it. How did you handle those at the Academy who put themselves first?

I think George W. Bush has done a number of things wrong and am not up for defending him but the thought of a self-serving whiny wimp like Kerry in the White House makes me want to puke.

Daliman
10-17-2004, 11:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I am also a Vietnam Vet. First of all, the question should be who will be the better President for the country - "Who's got more balls" is not the best way to answer that question.

Secondly, I would not vote for Kerry because I knew too many officers like him during the Vietnam War. He's pompous, self-serving, by-the-book when it covers his butt, and most of all not a team player. As a Marine you have to understand the value of looking out for the team or your buddies or whatever you want to call it. How did you handle those at the Academy who put themselves first?

I think George W. Bush has done a number of things wrong and am not up for defending him but the thought of a self-serving whiny wimp like Kerry in the White House makes me want to puke.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds like maybe you got some sour grapes, private. Funny that he volunteered for duty, got 3 purple hearts, a Silver Star, and an honnorable discharge, yet so many people call HIM a wimp, not Bush, whose father, strangely enough, was looked at as a wimp for a long time yet WAS a war hero too. Course, "Fighter plane veterans for truth" wasn't around for GHWB.

Funny that so many hardened military people turn into such pussies when somone speaks their mind, yet don't mind being sent into a BS war. I'm STILL waiting to hear what the political upside of testifying before congress with an anti-war stance at that time was.

Gabe
10-18-2004, 07:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
...and Vietnam vet

[/ QUOTE ]

Agent Orange?

Sponger15SB
10-18-2004, 07:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I would think that an annapolis grad would have put this post in the politics forum, not the gambling news, views, and gossip forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

It seems like you have much more important things to worry about (http://www.theomahachannel.com/news/3824695/detail.html) Mr. Snakehead J. Fish than policing the gambling news, views, and gossip forum for off topic people.