PDA

View Full Version : chip n a chair

Bigdaddydvo
10-14-2004, 10:26 PM
Gents,

The post says it all. Just played a Party 10/1 sit-n-go, and on the 4th hand I lost all but 60 of my chips when I my K /images/graemlins/spade.gif Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif that I limped with was checkraised on the turn from the BB on board of 7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q /images/graemlins/club.gif 7 /images/graemlins/heart.gif T /images/graemlins/spade.gif (gee, you think he had a 7? I somehow convinced myself that he was bluffing) Anywho, with a solid strategy of all-ins to steal blinds at the 10-15 level (go ahead, keep laughing, but 60 chips is only a 4BB raise at that point) I managed 7 total double ups while the blinds steadily went up to take the chip lead and to eventually win it. I'm proud to say that most times I got called by a worse hand w/my all ins. The only real suckout was when my 7-7 made the low end of a straight against KK, and a 9-T that flopped 2 pair.

This is a generally useless post except for knowing that all is not forelorn until the chip/chair requirement no longer applies.

BTW, what is everyone else's strongest comeback (mine was 25 chips in a playmoney tourney a ways back, but this was easily the best for a buy in)

zephyr
10-14-2004, 10:58 PM
Nice come back!

My biggest doesn't quite compare, but once when it was heads up at the end I lost all but 80 of my chips. Needless to say I got extremely lucky and won 5 in a row! Then managed to steal a couple of blinds and eventually win.

kurosh
10-15-2004, 12:51 AM
4 person live $5 buy in tournament. Each started with 50 chips. At one point, I was down to ONE chip. A series of lucky triple ups got me to 20 chips and I came back to win it.